What Did You Use to Record Your UTAU?

Raiyux

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Coffee link said:
Samson C01U usb microphone is a good buddy <3

Oh, I just got that one recently. I used it to record Castella's VCV voicebank.

But for some reason, whenever I try recording CV banks with it, it has some terrible static in the background even though it's deadly silent where I record...

Reactions: CRTブラック

Lorreine Geralde

lorreinegeralde@IRIS-SELECIA
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
For ACT 1 and ACT 2, I use built-in mic...and I'm already fed up with it. For ACT III, I try to record my UTAU with a wireless mic (as long as my laptop is put behind a speaker lol) and its result is much better than my previous recording orz

Jpegurl

Teto's Territory
For ACT1 I used my laptop's built-in mic [which sucks big time. But hey, I didn't have anything better at the time] and for ACT2 I'm using some random headset I found. xD

Lorreine Geralde

lorreinegeralde@IRIS-SELECIA
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Jpegurl link said:
For ACT1 I used my laptop's built-in mic [which sucks big time. But hey, I didn't have anything better at the time] and for ACT2 I'm using some random headset I found. xD

Hi! :D
That's lucky for you because you have your own headset. =) I never found anyone who records their UTAU using any pick-up mic. :/

SilverDawnArrow

Momo's Minion
A s*** little USB microphone my sister got with a karaoke game. I think it's from EA games. I also use Audacity for everything I record.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ant said:
My 3DS. Came out quite good despite that.

WHAT LINK ME TO THE VB DOWNLOAD

*has a 3DS and knows for a fact that the microphone is incredibly shitty*

Olivia

Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
I've been using my Blue Yeti mic with a pop filter c:
It works pretty great for UTAU! I love it to pieces ;u;

vampirebitesxx

Teto's Territory
Logitech desktop microphone. Though it quiet, but know a way to bring it up louder.
only issue is pop filter: espcially for 'P' and 'b'

Ryuuoh DeltaPlus

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Meta said:

^ Seriously, this made me ROFL :uhuhu:

OK back to business.

I used an A4tech USB2.0 PC camera to record my UTAU's Act I and Act II. Act I was really scratchy, but I got to use noise removal in recording Act II (noise removal done via Audacity). For my (current act) Act III, I used an Intex IT-8000 headset microphone.

Side note: I am REALLY REALLY envious of you guys here who have actual usb microphones.

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Almost 2 years later, still haven't changed my mic =u= yet
I used the microphone on my iPod headphones, for Solaria's very first CV, her current VCV, and Melissa's CV. I'm hoping to find something a little more substantial within the coming months :/

Karma Drak-pa

Teto's Territory
For the latest VBs of BSUP01 KEINE Tashi (JPN Extend Power & Youth and TIB Extend Native), I used a AKG Perception 220 with an Alesis i|o2 soundcard (because this mic requires a XLR connection).
But I don't know for the two first voicebanks.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Crap headset I don't know the brand of: Akaru Serena ACT 1, Kurayami Serena ACT 1, various other useless voicebanks
Sentry Comm headset: Mita Souzou CV+Eng and VCV, various other useless voicebanks
Sentry Comm headest (second one): A useless voicebank
ATR1200: A few useless samples
USB ATR2500: Parts of some Seibetsu banks, most of Akaru Serena ACT 2

I'm going back to the store and swapping out the last mic for another one of the same model. Then I can keep recording.