What Do You Think Of The Seven Virtues?

P

PurinPuff

I thought it might be a really cool idea to try a collection of UTAU original songs to almost respond to the series of the Seven Deadly Sins series written by mothy.

So, in case you don't know what the Seven Virtues are, I'll list them here:

Chastity (vs Lust)
Composer: OPEN
Lyrics: OPEN
Translator: OPEN
UST Maker: OPEN
Mixer: OPEN
Artist: (✪㉨✪)
PV Maker: OPEN

Temperance (vs Gluttony)
Artist: OPEN

Charity (vs Greed)
Composer: Automatique
Lyrics: SuPiKa
Translator: Automatique
Artist: Mugi

Diligence (vs Sloth)
Lyrics: Ria
Artist: Ranun

Patience (vs Wrath)
Composer: Anime on Tuba
Artist: DianaTan
PV Maker: Kero

Kindness (vs Envy)
Composer: Yuka Kazami
UST Maker: DianaTan
Mixer: Yuka Kazami, if necessary.
Artist: DianaTan

Humility (vs Pride)
Composer: Sylphique
Artist: niekaori

PLANNED UTAUS: None, until compositions are done, and composers have idea of what voice types they want.

I thought I'd be awesome if we, as a community, teamed up and made these songs by pulling out all the stops with excellent oversea voicebanks, epic instrumental tracks, pro usts, boss mixing, stunning PV artwork, etc. etc.

Is this the type of thing you guys would like to do?

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Hey, what would the songs be like, do ya think? Thematically I feel the Sins songs are about how people succumb to their sin and weakness, I think. So what would be the "conflict" in a Virtue song? Will they be tragedies or will they be fluff?

Furthermore, will they feature the same characters/the same world or would we create our own world?

I'd love to write/synthesize/draw a song for this kind of big project...I ain't too good at it, but I like to think that I'm getting better XD;;; (Would english be a problem? I like working in english...)

P

PurinPuff

Kit Wistful link said:
Hey, what would the songs be like, do ya think? Thematically I feel the Sins songs are about how people succumb to their sin and weakness, I think. So what would be the \"conflict\" in a Virtue song? Will they be tragedies or will they be fluff?

Furthermore, will they feature the same characters/the same world or would we create our own world?

I'd love to write/synthesize/draw a song for this kind of big project...I ain't too good at it, but I like to think that I'm getting better XD;;; (Would english be a problem? I like working in english...)

I think we'd have to reach a consensus on what setting is taking place, and what type of feel we would like to do. I like the idea of tragedy being a dominant theme throughout the series (ex. "Charity" sacrificing herself in order to save her friend), but it would be cool to see different people doing different things. For example, if someone decided to actually make a response song for Diligence, they were investigating the murders behind Gift from Princess Sandman (if mothy is cool with us using his circumstances). It might be effective to have each song divided into individual teams of, maybe... six or so?

As far as the world goes. Mothy's world has a fair bit of inconsistency between songs. For example, the setting difference between Daughter of Evil and The Last Revolver. It might be cool to make references to the various opposing VOCALOIDs. For example, Envy (Luka) murdering Kindness, although it doesn't have to take place in the Tailor Shop of Enbizaka world. But I think it should be left up to whoever's doing it?

BLAH, can't really form a coherent paragraph right now.

ScandinavianSweetie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
PurinPuff link said:
[quote author=Kit Wistful link=topic=1631.msg12447#msg12447 date=1335722427]
Hey, what would the songs be like, do ya think? Thematically I feel the Sins songs are about how people succumb to their sin and weakness, I think. So what would be the \"conflict\" in a Virtue song? Will they be tragedies or will they be fluff?

I think we'd have to reach a consensus on what setting is taking place, and what type of feel we would like to do. I like the idea of tragedy being a dominant theme throughout the series (ex. "Charity" sacrificing herself in order to save her friend), but it would be cool to see different people doing different things. For example, if someone decided to actually make a response song for Diligence, they were investigating the murders behind Gift from Princess Sandman (if mothy is cool with us using his circumstances). It might be effective to have each song divided into individual teams of, maybe... six or so?

As far as the world goes. Mothy's world has a fair bit of inconsistency between songs. For example, the setting difference between Daughter of Evil and The Last Revolver. It might be cool to make references to the various opposing VOCALOIDs. For example, Envy (Luka) murdering Kindness, although it doesn't have to take place in the Tailor Shop of Enbizaka world. But I think it should be left up to whoever's doing it?

BLAH, can't really form a coherent paragraph right now.
[/quote]

...... I THINK I understood you. XD

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Oh man I hope we can get the VO UTAUs in on this, whenever they're finished. I think it would be interesting : P

P

PurinPuff

UPDATED

Now there is a list of what jobs are needed for what song.

- You may offer to do more than one job per song and/or more than one song. Don't feel limited!

Uchi

Teto's Territory
I just got this wonderful idea about patience.

Inspired by this Italian folk story that I can't remember for the life of me. It's about a peasant girl who happens to marry a rich count/duke/something, who wants to test her obedience. So he commences to be a jerkwad and puts her through all sorts of things, including whisking her baby away, locking her up, making her serve as a servant, etc.

She survives it all through patience, and what I think is a good bit of stupidity or just plain love. In the end, he's all "derp, you're good! come back." and she does.

The end.

/endramble

I think the setting should be slightly Renaissance-y, if only to keep with some of mothy's themes. Just saying....;;;

P

PurinPuff

I love how that Renaissance feel ties in with the Sin series. ^^ It's definitely something to consider, I think~ <3

--

I thought Diligence would be cool if it was inspired off of the Rocking Horse Winner.

The story describes a young middle-class Englishwoman who "had no luck." Though outwardly successful, she is haunted by a sense of failure; her husband is a ne'er-do-well and her work as a commercial artist doesn't earn as much as she'd like. The family's lifestyle exceeds its income and unspoken anxiety about money permeates the household. Her children, a son Paul and his two sisters, sense this anxiety, and Paul even claims he can hear the house "whispering" There must be more money.

Paul tells his Uncle Oscar Cresswell about betting on horse races with Bassett, the gardener. He's been placing bets using his pocket money and has won and saved three hundred twenty pounds. Sometimes he says he is "sure" of a winner for an upcoming race, and the horses he names do in fact win, sometimes at remarkable odds. Uncle Oscar and Bassett both place large bets on the horses Paul names.

After further winning, Paul and Oscar arrange to give the mother a gift of five thousand pounds, but the gift only lets her spend more. Disappointed, Paul tries harder than ever to be "lucky". As the Derby approaches, Paul is determined to learn the winner. Concerned about his health, his mother rushes home from a party and discovers his secret. He has been spending hours riding his rocking horse, sometimes all night long, until he "gets there", into a clairvoyant state where he can be sure of the winner's name.

Paul remains ill through the day of the Derby. Informed by Cresswell, Bassett has placed Paul's bet on Malabar, at fourteen to one. When he is informed by Bassett that he now has 80,000 pounds, Paul says to his mother:

"I never told you, mother, that if I can ride my horse, and get there, then I'm absolutely sure – oh absolutely! Mother, did I ever tell you? I am lucky!"

"No, you never did," said his mother.

The boy dies in the night and his mother hears her brother say, “My God, Hester, you’re eighty-odd thousand to the good, and a poor devil of a son to the bad. But, poor devil, poor devil, he’s best gone out of a life where he rides his rocking horse to find a winner.”

- Wikipedia

You can read the full short story here
It would be a tragic piece, without a doubt.

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I'm interested in all the jobs. ALL OF THEM WAAAAAAH (haha well I've pulled off everything before but PV-making, which I'd like to learn.)

If I come up with any bits like drawings, WIP songs, things like that, I will put them up for consideration. Is that an okay ways to do things? )'w');; The only job I'm even remotely qualified for is drawing, but I'm pretty sure we won't get this project off the ground for reals until we have music V__V;; I also can't promise that I won't flake out if I promise a job, especially in my current state of mental health orz (aaand my current project is Cdra's commish so I don't feel comfy promising anything until I get that done, too).

Oh! Besides which, perhaps you could put up jobs for lyricist, mixer...if people wish to work in japanese, we may want to ask for translators too (I think it would be cool if we went with our native languages, though. I think that's one of the cooler powers of UTAU!)

Edit: drawings I did

aaaaand I like to think I'm improving all the time

I've gotten some useful critiques from the song above (I MEAN DOWN THERE), actually. I'm working on coordinating the notes so that it doesn't get all clustered-like )'w')9 (and real lyrics)

'nother edit: ("http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U14S2ASzK28")

Kanjo

Momo's Minion
I-I could try composing for patience or kindnes... i'm not entirely sure how i would make it *is terrible at interpreting exactly what people want* but i'll give it a try, right now i'm a bit busy, so i can't take the spot yet, but maybe in a couple of weeks i can work on it ouo (that is if you would like me to do so ouo)

Sylphique

Momo's Minion
I would be happy to compose for humility, it has inspired me; 〆(・∀・@)

Subject2 meets Subject1 in (circumstances that allow him to serve subject2 that does not force subject 1 to lie)
Subject1, who obeys Subject2's every command with disregards to oneself;
However what the Subject2 does not know is that Subject1 is someone who is devoted to serve him regardless the task because Subject2 And Subject1 used to know each other as children (on some kind of friendly/good terms/special connection). Subject 1 who continues to follow the wishes of Subject2 shows no resistance to Subject2's torture and ordering, but instead shows Subject 2 compassion, care, kindness, charity etc. Subject 2 is bothered by how Subject1 has no sense of pride and well, murders him. But in his dying moments, Subject1 supposedly drops some special object of importance into Subject 2's hand, and after Subject1's death, Subject 2 recalls these childhood memories and realizes Subject1's identity.
Having come to such a state, Subject2 is consumed by despair/regret/etc and commits suicide.
Yeah, Tragic much. φ( ̄ー ̄ )ノ

Most likely this kind of idea would lead to a duet.
and there are no intended displays of genders despite how I may have indicated such~

The reason why I have um, not stated anything specific: because there is so many different ways of scene-ing such an idea, I  could not possibly just write detailed things off the top of my head without giving it thought.
However I have exams the next 3 weeks, so I will not be able to start anything till then, if that's okay, I'd be happy to take part.

I could offer to do Art too, but I broke my tablet and have no idea when I'll have a new tablet with me (planning on ordering it tomorrow though). I may think about pv making also. It depend on whether any other virtues interest me ( ´u`)

P

PurinPuff

I'm excited to see people really biting at this. ^^

This topic has been shared with VO, and some people are interested on that end too. ^^

Link

UPDATE: more jobs have been listed to include lyricists, translators and mixers.

DREWdesu

Teto's Territory
Despite being useless with everything in regards to this series... you can use my Utau if you want ;D.

Anyway for Dilligence what I thought would have been a good inspiration was the story of the Buddha's life (Siddhartha Gautama), he left his palace to seek a way to end suffering and when the going got tough for him to the point where he starved himself... he kept on going even after seeking his Enlightenment :D.

DianaTan

Teto's Territory
I really like to do the art for kindness and patience (if it's okay)
And the UST maker for kindness as well?

ScandinavianSweetie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I can be the mixer for any of them... Mixer means the one who has the off vocal and the vocals and mixes them together, right? That's the job I want. ^^;

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Oh yeah, so I'm willing to be mix & make the UST for any of the virtues ^^ if there's anyone who needs a mixer &/or UST maker I'd be willing to do it. I've already put out this offer on VO orz

Also, lol, this was posted in the VO topic in regards to naming the songs.

Like:
Daughter/Servant of Humility?
Pure-hearted Soup Kitchen Volunteer, Conchita?
The Abstinence of Brother Venomania?
Gift of Coffee from the Diligent Barista?
The Seamstress that Gave a Guy Gifts, Instead of Killing Him and His Family?
Judgment of Salvation Army?
Not gonna lie, I kinda died of laughter xD.

EDIT: WE HAVE A COMPOSER/MIXER FOR KINDESS OFF OF VO: Yuka Kazami!!