What inspired your UTAU's design?

Maybe2Morrow

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Jackerline was mostly based on my OC Jack (Wow suchs creativity) who was the 12 armed gods of lies (As for being my OC was it mostly just my look on that) Which was very hippie like. Jack played a little role in my story "The Legend of Illsaid" where he sends the main group into a loop of always getting reborn - Basically he lied about saving some of them. Anyway, Jackerline was only based on this little idea, bt instead of 12 arms were given 4 arms. There were changes in clothing as well. Started as a T-shirt with smiley on but I wasn't so happy. In April 2016 did Jackerline get his own design and story which was being the color orange in "The 7 Rainbow Sins" and as for September 2016 was he actually close to recieve Dantalian's design or - well - Onaya's design which would be Red or Purple.

Ao Capella was adopted and are the color blue in "The 7 rainbow Sins". yes I adopted her design >_> in Spetember 2015....

sailor _ravioli

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Long post ahead brace yourself

Corinne (even though she doesnt have an official vb was inspired a bit by masune tsuta's design basically just the whole leotard idea thing)
masune_tsuta_official_art___vb_by_kitcat190-daava0s.png
corinne_character_design_wip_by_yourlocalgodzilla-daqcea3.png
her boots are palladium pallabrouse baggy in espresso just w a darker sole
81gNqyG26lL._UX500_.jpg
her jacket is based off one I have in my own closet
the logo on her jacket and her "ears" is based on a mix between this
Roundel_of_the_USAF.svg
and this
US_Roundel_1943-1947_Sea_Blue_BG.svg

keitai's whiskey design is just aaaaa

ha_by_yourlocalgodzilla-da4vpsu.png

headphones are based off of these
$_35.JPG

over shirt thing is based off of this thing i saw on pinterest under military lolita (cant find the image but eh)

beret was based off a thing in my brain

ill do more utau when i feel like it asdfghjkl;

Reactions: Kitcat190

Jeffrey

local hiatus'er
Defender of Defoko
super long post :wink:
the werewolf and occult books i've been reading when i was a freshman

Reactions: Piia

Dekpi

Defender of Defoko
mines based off of a video game character i played as a lot lolol
his personality is also based off of the butt mannerisms i kept up with because i was super OP in the game and would chase my best friend around throwing bees at him and setting off fireworks to cause major lag issues. good times
one time i built a house out of flesh and legos.
Made squishy sounds under ur feet.
Me and colton also built a giant son out of dirt and other miscellaneous objects and put actual piles of real eyeballs in the eye sockets for eyes.
His name was Timmy.
Lmao one time
i was digging in the center of a planet??
and all of a sudden colton comes flyin outta nowhere from above me and i just happen to catch him before he falls into a pit of lava below
we were both like ":O!"
and we were always low on gold
because whenever we needed it for something and went to look for some
i would dig into our stash and turn it into treasure and pour gold coins all over his ship
then we'd jump up and down on it for 15 minutes straight because it made jingling noises.

Uh..., anyways his background is also somewhat based off of the history of the species of the game, but with a more modern spin-off.
tumblr_o7udgfidNe1vnaohyo1_400.png
tumblr_o7udgfidNe1vnaohyo3_1280.png

first_drawing_of_the_year_by_dekpi-dats5j8.png

ask_2_by_dekpi-daokoxh.gif

tenoxoc_updated_concept_art__tv_head__by_dekpi-dacreqh.png

Reactions: partial

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
I'm a fan of Deep-Sea Prisoner and a lot of their characters wear a sweater. Before I knew it, Renko got a sweater too. It's also a half-cut sweater since I really liked how Nina from the manga Full Dozer wore it over her uniform it was so cuuuute <3 Renko's hairstyle probably was unconsciously stolen inspired from Osana Najimi from Yandere Simulator, and Hokka, Lavinrac, and Aconita (more Deep-Sea Prisoner characters) umm
Her braids are originally thought of, though! I thought half-way braided braids looked unique o3o She also has a slight bee motif and is definitely not based off two of my OCs so her stockings/thigh highs are striped black and pink because I really like the Teto theme here in the forum <3

Her other more casual design is based off my blouse and shorts IRL except with different colors and poofier for the shorts and Miko's design of shorts with thigh-highs

Reactions: Piia

Sors

Local Guppie & UTAU Korean Advocate
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
The first design of my two UTAUs Sora and Lucy were heavily crypton inspired. Sora was basically Len with different hair, and Miku's colour scheme. Also, both were much younger, to the point that Sora - whose name was btw Kenta during that time - could have been considered a shonen. Now, they're both 17, have different last names (Now they're Matsuo Sora and Sonoda Lucy, formerly Yorune Kenta and Hine Sayo. Tbh I cringe when I hear a -ne name these days), and their designs are nothing like the first one; except Lucy's blue hair. Their redisgns however, while Sora was based off me, except with his hair and eyes (red and yellow to compliment Lucy's blue and green), and Lucy...well that were multiple different influences, mostly anime girls, and just anything to make her unique, and stand out as opposed to the overused "Kawaii" Utau look.
http://pre02.deviantart.net/22c7/th...oda_lucy_concept_art_by_mallowkey-daz9ha7.png

The arm warmer on Sora's arm isn't exactly that; it's more like a bag, where he stuffs everything he needs...and well he kinda succeeds in not causing everything to fall out.

HoneyPai

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
The first design for my utau Makne nitton was based on the macne series, mainly Sasayaki and as time went on I started adding things to their design such as wolf ears and tail..and bigger boobs xD that only happened over time because I wasn't about to try and draw a huge chest when I knew my drawing skills weren't there yet. XD
And now the new design that I haven't gotten to show yet is not designed by me, but it looks like they match with their son(?)

-------------------------

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
My utau's First design was a heavy rip off of Hatsune miku because she was originally a pitchloid and I thought it was the standard to have your fan character to look like her at the time :annoyed:but over the years receiving inspiration from friends and fashion design I finally got out of the miku/kei formula but I still take inspiration from them from time to time.
*Warning eye strain*
IMG_3700.JPG IMG_3701.JPG IMG_3702.JPG IMG_3703.PNG
IMG_3560.JPG

Reactions: Amzsie and Milk

EchoCaptil

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hmm.. I don't know how Echo's design came to mind? (Even though there is not much of one, but Mershio's... He was a redesign of an old character I had
s3nfax.jpg

And the redesign was based on a character one of my friends had, and an image of this character in his "demon" form (The next to images are done by the same artist)

ivxyef.jpg

(Friend's character below.)
30mpvo8.jpg

Also, for Mershio's skin colour, I took inspiration from the blue of my old character's hair, and Shade from Pokemon Manifest Heart, and Meiji Gahata

7342e6b9c0c354b83ee0ed94d9e48717d15e3da8_hq.jpg

ep2p3_intermission_2__shade_by_rubyofblue-d927a99.png

Kale

Leaf god
Defender of Defoko
Miko was based off of how I look, because I wanted to make a more... Emo-looking character? I can't explain it. But with a few re-designs, she looks cute.
http://sta.sh/01fdtorlrz63
Nanami was based off an oc I made, I wanted to make an innocent looking schoolgirl. But I made him a cross dresser ^o^
http://sta.sh/01gtjaaihrji

P

partial

TYPE A isn't based off of anything, really. At least, not a particular character.

I guess his clothes are sort of......old England themed? Victorian? Fancy suits, is what I mean.

As for the dragon part of him, as a child, I loved this show called American Dragon. It ws probably the first fandom I was ever in. (Well, not that I even had any online anything at that time, but) So I wanted TYPE A to be a dragon, too. But not in the same sense as the show. He always visibly has claws and wings, and longer ears. That's as dragon-looking as he gets (which, in the world he is in, is normal).

Last edited by a moderator:

Amzsie

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Im not exactly sure what inspired the idea. But I remember when I made it up.

It was in the middle of class, the design just popped in my head! Nothing else mattered then, I had to find a pencil and paper to scribble it down fast! Good thing I did, her design has been the same since. ^^

heta-tan

Genderless Goon
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I kind of based Mayu/Aphelia on deep sea fish such as the angler fish. I still wanted them to have a human look while still having that sort of exotic look. I also took some inspiration from drag queens: having bold makeup, sometimes taking what might be a considered a masculine form and using breast forms, padding and corsets to get a more "feminine" form, wigs etc. I also took some elements from the outfits in games such as Mass Effect. I think I just wanted them to look like something I'd want to see in a sci-fi movie/comic/etc.

RottenVelvet(Faith)

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
my main UTAU,Eiji Nazo wasn't based on anyone but he resembles Watanuki Kimihiro from XxxHolic and that unintentional.
tumblr_inline_ol0crnU4o91tgpwts_1280.png

Watanuki.Kimihiro.full.239662.jpg

as for my other male UTAU,Ike Kei,his design(Hair colour,Eye color and necklace) was inspired by Blue Oak from Pokemon.

tumblr_inline_ol0cniBNcB1tgpwts_1280.png

as for my female UTAUs,i just designed all of them without looking at a character for reference.

Kitcat190

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Long post ahead brace yourself

Corinne (even though she doesnt have an official vb was inspired a bit by masune tsuta's design basically just the whole leotard idea thing)
masune_tsuta_official_art___vb_by_kitcat190-daava0s.png
corinne_character_design_wip_by_yourlocalgodzilla-daqcea3.png
Ahhh I'm really happy you took inspiration from my utau ; 7 ; ~<3

【AL!CE.16】 was/is based off of how I dress ; u ;9 Big jackets, leggings, a santa hat (or just a hat) and sneakers. I haven't gotten around to doing much of other designs but any are based off of how I dress normally with some things added or omitted.

Masune Tsuta was based off of a friendty server or magician type. I really wanted to go for something that had a classy yet totally revealing feel : ' D

【UEL】is also based off of how @Blackbird dresses T u T9

dezzydream

cv bank enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
Kiseki Noke's Normal design was based on an outfit that I own. I can cosplay as her accurately.
kiseki_noke_normal_by_awesomejellystar-damk8u7.png
Her STRONG EXTRA design is supposed to show another side of her, which came from my emo days.
kiseki_noke_strong_by_awesomejellystar-damk8yh.png
SWEET EXTRA was based off of how my cousin dresses and acts. She's a flower child while I'm hardcore emo.
kiseki_noke_sweet_by_awesomejellystar-damk8zf.png

taigz

dead
Defender of Defoko
Their first designs were... Crypton-like because me was so noob back then. Reiha looked like some fusion between Kaito and Rin while Yuren is... Len, of all things. I'm gonna die I'm sorry I'M SO SORRY

Now, their current designs. Simple actually. Reiha wears the simple shirt and skirt stuff, while the bandages on her left arm were inspired by, well, those punk-like characters, even if she is no punk, lol. I kept her hair and ahoge since I had an idea for it (by the way, the ahoge thing she has was inspired by Saber Alter). What's under those bandages are wounds, yeah. The thought of "heavy clothing lessens your agility" came from Siskier from Blaze Union, except Reiha's clothes are not that revealing... so yeah. The design is pretty simple.

As for Yuren's current design his clothing was based off of my little brother's school uniform. I changed things like the colors and made it a bit simpler, though. And the hair... curl stuff...? I dunno I was a bit inspired by Mimi Yorune, hehe lol. Yet I also had the idea of having my UTAU have a bit of a hair thing (my brain is so malfunctioning on names right now). Reiha has an ahoge, Yuren has hair curls (no exactly curls tho). Same with their derivatives, who I might make a full UTAU. Yurai has some hair stuff resembling little antennas while Reisuke has swirl-y stuff idk anymore.

I kept their color scheme due to their last name but the clothing (and even a little bit of the hair yeah) changes.

I'm actually thinking of making them have a bit of a tiger theme because why not? My name look at my naaaaaame