What is an oto.ini?

ruthienick

Momo's Minion
I basically have a good idea of those blue, red, green and pink lines and where to place them but what is the definition an oto.ini? Does it need to be configured for every song? Do you really have to configure every single string of characters? And when oto-ing VCVs, how do you know which syllable to oto in the recording? I'm sorry if this question is asked too much but I have been searching around for a long time but I still haven't found the answers to my questions.

Rai

Teto's Territory
An oto.ini is what tells the UTAU program how to use each recorded voice sample within a bank.
It does not need to be reconfigured for every song although slight adjustments can be made to accommodate a song with, say, quicker notes.
If you want your UTAU's voice to render smoothly, yes - each string must be oto'd correctly.
VCVs have a different method of OTOing than CVs. I could explain the process of otoing thoroughly but instead I'll redirect you to Shinami's VCV tutorial thread which I think should help explain to you somewhat about the otoing. http://utaforum.net/index.php?topic=121.0
Note: remember, in VCV it's Vowel-ConsonentVowel. So in a string that includes 'あか' you can make '- あ' and 'a か'.

ruthienick

Momo's Minion
Oh, I see. You really helped me a lot. I'll check out the video to learn more I guess xD. Thanks, Rai!