What is Multipitch Voicebank?

Ryuuoh DeltaPlus

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I've encountered a lot of UTAU voicebanks being described as Multipitch.
Can someone explain it as simply as possible?
And also, how do you make one?

Asteriski

Teto's Territory
Well, there's this thing called Prefix Map built into UTAU. If you record multiple versions of a voice and put them in one folder with different letters, numbers, or symbols after them, you can put those into the Prefix map so they are automatically used on certain notes. Multipitch is where the different letters/numbers/symbols stand for different recording pitches. It usually makes it sound more human, as long as the voicer is consistent.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
For example, Ritsu Kire. If you look at his voicebank, you'll notice a few folders in the file, labelled with pitches. If you listen to them you'll find that everything in a folder was recorded at the same certain pitch. Then Ritsu Kire's OTO.ini has samples such as "a kaC5" in which C5 is the suffix. In the Prefix.map, you'll see that pitches from around C5 and up will have "C5" in the suffix.

So, aliasing is actually very important. (on a somewhat unrelated note, CVVC banks with vowel-H combos can be double-aliased as ending breaths)

Ryuuoh DeltaPlus

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Ahh I see.

So how do I record the different pitches? I really have no idea how to do that...
I even can't make my UTAU's pitch exactly the same...:bigtears:

Ono

Teto's Territory
Multi (More than one) Pitch. That's it.
To record multipitch, you do one bank with your normal tone. Then you do another in a higher pitch. Then another higher than the pitch you did before.

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus said:
Ahh I see.

So how do I record the different pitches? I really have no idea how to do that...
I even can't make my UTAU's pitch exactly the same...:bigtears:

If you can match pitch- that is, hear a pitch and then sing the same one yourself - this is the best way. Most people have some sort of pitch guide and just record over that. I use the built in "beep" in OREMO set to the pitch I want to match, personally.

Ryuuoh DeltaPlus

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Thanks for all your helpful comments guyz!!

Oh, and for my last question: Can I make a multipitch CV voicebank?

TheSnowSongstress

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
of course! CV multipitch actually flow better sometimes since it does not directly shift with the previous note (I myself did a duel pitch cv so)
you can do a multipitch ANYTHING, even if you just say nya on 15 different notes......but please don't do that nya thing o no

meichan

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
even if you just say nya on 15 different notes......but please don't do that nya thing o no

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2XwSwkjUxs[/video]

(that's me saying NAK on about 6 or 7 pitches)

NicolaCola

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Ono said:
I'm still waiting for an English multi-pitch bank.

Halt Tanner's newest English voicebank has two pitches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DY1GSYeOiE