What is your least favorite step in making an Utau and your favorite??

RadiateJoy

Momo's Minion
I dislike saving each little recording in Audacity. It take me FOREVER to select> Export Selection > Choose destination>......^A^

But my favorite part is when it all pays off and you hear your UTAU's voice functioning properly because you put all of that time and effort into it :')

Asteriski

Teto's Territory
You're so right about the least favorite. Makes me want to flip a table.
Alternate least favorites are OTOing a non-CV bank and deciding how to record(only to hear it and realize it sounds like crap).

Roze

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
My least favourite part? The recording..I would say the Otoing but... I always get someone else to do that for me. :'D'''' And it's also because the microphone I have right now is HORRID..Can't wait for my headset to come in. ; O;

Favourite part? Making fan art of my UTAUs and others! After all the songs are done, it's fun to just cut loose and derp around with some cute art. c8

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I'm pretty new to all this, but I think the recording is most tedious and especially saving the files. The otos intimidated me at first, but they were really fun even if it did take me ten consecutive hours of labour.

I quite enjoy editing the ust and making the utau sound as good as I can, and the MIXING~ ao fun and worth it~

P

PurinPuff

I hate .otoing, but I LOVE manipulating the voice~ <3
I hope that when I record, it won't be so tedious. Do you guys record each sound individually, or all at once and divide it?

Roze

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Pichu- T-Ten hours?! Oh my gosh.. o A o You most definitely have some patience for that.. * 7*;; Remind me to come to you for my VCV otos! XDD

Purin- I recorded individually for my UTAU's ACT1 and gosh did it take a long time. ACT2, I ended up taking a VCV approach, unknowingly, by putting up my reclist and just recording strings at a time, THEN picking them apart in Audacity for individual sounds. Which, surprisingly, worked easier for me..And it turned out better because I recorded with my iPod. e me

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
PurinPuff link said:
I hate .otoing, but I LOVE manipulating the voice~ <3
I hope that when I record, it won't be so tedious. Do you guys record each sound individually, or all at once and divide it?

Because of where my mic is strategically positioned, I record all at once x3

Roze link said:
Pichu- T-Ten hours?! Oh my gosh.. o A o You most definitely have some patience for that.. * 7*;; Remind me to come to you for my VCV otos! XDD

Purin- I recorded individually for my UTAU's ACT1 and gosh did it take a long time. ACT2, I ended up taking a VCV approach, unknowingly, by putting up my reclist and just recording strings at a time, THEN picking them apart in Audacity for individual sounds. Which, surprisingly, worked easier for me..And it turned out better because I recorded with my iPod. e me

I wouldn't call it patience more than the stubborn persistence of a typical perfectionist xD but yeah, when I'm able to do VCV I definitely wont mind doing it for you~

EDIT: Sorry for the unintentional double post OTL :sick:

Last edited by a moderator:

Roze

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Haaah. xD Sounds almost something like what I've got..But yeah...I've spent ten consecutive hours on OTHER things, but never on otoing and I never intend to.. ;w ;'''

My newest escapade will be figuring out how the hell to work Sony Vegas. oA o;;

But yaaay~! :33

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Roze link said:
Haaah. xD Sounds almost something like what I've got..But yeah...I've spent ten consecutive hours on OTHER things, but never on otoing and I never intend to.. ;w ;'''

My newest escapade will be figuring out how the hell to work Sony Vegas. oA o;;

But yaaay~! :33

Sony Vegas?  Is that freeware or did you buy it? O:

Miloids

Momo's Minion
I hate RE-recording (;A ; ) and also taking a break  from recording for a day or two, then coming back and go "...shoot how did I sound when I first was recording" to try and stay consistant xD....

Also kinda hate filling out the alias part, cuz I hate switching back and forth from copy and pasting the hiragana and such =P

Also, VCV. I never attempted this, but from what I've read and such for recording and editing, it sounds annoying D: (but worth it im sure!)

Just my little rant xP

Roze

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Pichu- My papa gets me the best programs...But it's so hard to use! ; O;

Miloids- It's not that it's annoying, it's just that there are a lot of strings to record so it's tedious. e-e

Meta

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
D': You guys should really try Oremo instead of Audacity... it makes recording so easy and un-painful!

Personally, my least favorite part was otoing VCVs. The otos themselves were pretty easy to get a hang of and turned out all right, but there were just SO MANY. It took like 3 months of slow otoing. OTL

My favorite part is, of course, hearing the voice and how all the hard work came to make a nice product. :D

Roze

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I heard a lot of contradictory things about Oremo so that's why I've strayed away from it, but does it really make it easy? . n.

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Meta link said:
D': You guys should really try Oremo instead of Audacity... it makes recording so easy and un-painful!

Personally, my least favorite part was otoing VCVs. The otos themselves were pretty easy to get a hang of and turned out all right, but there were just SO MANY. It took like 3 months of slow otoing. OTL

My favorite part is, of course, hearing the voice and how all the hard work came to make a nice product. :D

Mer, I don't record with audacity thankfully. I tried to at first due to my thinking it would be easier since I already knew how to use it, but it had this consistent background noise so I used my wonderful Studio One Pro to record and the settings were perfect with zero noise x3 BTW, is Oremo any better quality than Audacity? 

Oh gawd, I can imagine vcv takes a lot longer to oto than cv x.x

Shinaichivocaloid

Teto's Territory
hm well I really love almost everything about UTAU but I hate otoing, but I love hearing the voice when it's done. I don't mind recording.

PKLpikachu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Oh god otoing *flips table* editing each voice sample for Forrest's voicebank is also a pain since his voice is my voice lowered by 20%. So much saving...

But after all that pain and suffering, it's nice to hear how the voice sounds in the end. :3

Kream

Momo's Minion
Least favourite... I guess oto-ing, because I really wanna hear how it sounds already! ;A;
and oh god, VCV otos noooooooo
especially hate it when I spend time recording, and it turns out horrid. ALL THAT TIME. WASTED.

Favourite part, when I begin recording 8'D
I'm all happy and it's pretty fun because I want to record.
and also listening to some of the samples in the program and having it not sound horrid!
but near the end of recording it kinda gets like "HURRY UP I WANNA FINISH ALREADY"

I actually don't find saving that annoying. It only takes a few seconds.
though wouldn't it be nice to have it magically know when you want to save and save for you? lolol

Reactions: partial

Meta

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Roze link said:
I heard a lot of contradictory things about Oremo so that's why I've strayed away from it, but does it really make it easy? . n.

I only used Oremo o-o I really do think it would make it easier. You should give it a shot so you can see for yourself! :D

Roze

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Meta- I'll have to check it out then for my other UTAUs. c8