What kind of reclist does Gahata Meiji use?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Isn't she Japanese VCV? I don't use her myself, but iirc that's what the banks are.

Hiraganaotaku

Momo's Minion
Her bank is like this:
A I U E O
I KI SHI CHI NI
I KA KYU I KYO KYO

all the banks ive seen are different for VCV

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You ought to look at the OTO, then. That's what really determines whether a bank is CV, VCV, or CVVC. It doesn't matter as much what the reclist is, since when you make a UST, you're calling samples by their aliases in the OTO.

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If her all oto.ini Alias look like this:

"あ" "か" Aka hiragana only then it's CV

If her all oto.ini Alias look like this:

"あ" "か" (And sometimes may have - mark also beginning of each Hiragana like "- あ" "- か" but not always)

Having hiragana like previous plus has Alias like "v c" (v stands for vowel and c stands for constant) for example "a k" "e b" "i hy" etc then the VB is CVVC.

If her ALL Alias is like having a "-" or "a/i/u/e/o/n" written in Latin alphabets beginning of each Hiragana like this: "- あ" "a か" "i き" "n きょ" etc then the VB is VCV.

I don't own Meiji myself nor have used her but I assume that (at least her most popular VBs) are CVVC OR VCV since this two voicebank types sounds the most smoothest and natural with correct usage and tuning. CV is (nearly) always the choppiest sounding.

Last edited:

Hiraganaotaku

Momo's Minion
I'm new to UTAU so it's hard for me to make out what the alias look like. but I did make one discovery it seems that all the things that were recorded for this voicebank were actual words and sentences. Possibly to make it easier for the voice actress to remember what to say?

sentences.jpg

heta-tan

Genderless Goon
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
She's a VCV bank with CVVC capabilities. Any VCV bank can be made to have this feature if they're oto'd to work that way.

Also, I don't think the list is actually supposed to be words...

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
She's VCV with CVVC capabilities. You can use her has VCV AND CVVC (as beginner, using her as VCV is probably the easiest way to use her).

Her _C#4弱 (Kanji 弱, read as "yowa" means weak, so she's having a "weak" voice Append recorded in pitch C#4) thing is called Surffix, she's multipitch VB meaning that she's recorded more than in one scale/pitch. Multiple pitches makes UTAU to sound more "emotional" and increases voicebank's vocal range.
[doublepost=1496555696][/doublepost]Sorry if I sound encouraging but Meiji, to be really honestly, is an UTAU vocal for more "advanced users". She's not the easiest one to tune/mix and make sound super awesome.

As beginner, I recommend to start using with much simpler voicebank such as Kasane Teto who has simple VCV and CV or Yamine Renri (Renri is multipitch VCV but she's actually quite "beginner friendly" in terms of mixing and using her).

Once you're used to use simple voice banks and get use to UTAU's basic functions then I recommend to try to use Meiji. Good luck!

Last edited: