What should I put in my OMAKE?

SCARYCHEWINGGUM

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I'm wanting to make an OMAKE for my UTAU, but I'm not sure what phrases I should put into it. I'll probably put things like "hello" and "goodbye" and laughs and stuff, but apart from that I'm really not sure. What phrases are the most common in OMAKE?

I'd prefer if the phrases were in Japanese, French or Spanish, with Japanese being the priority.

Thanks for your help!

is it even called an omake idk

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Most importantly, you'll want expressive samples to be added to the singing, such as breaths. Also, I think a common phrase would be "one two three four" Try recording it with different speeds and tones, or a variation like "one, two, one two three four"

(Omake means extras, it's also used for bonus comics at the end of a manga. Personally I'd just dump stuff like art references and logos in there so that they don't get lost in the voicebank files.)

Reactions: SCARYCHEWINGGUM

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Yeah I thought you were referring to art and stuff until you started talking about samples, haha. Most of the time as a user I expect an omake folder to contain concept art, maybe extra art (one I remember had some comics), logos, design breakdowns, etc. If you're talking extra voice samples, breathes are very good as Adlez said. I don't really look much at joke samples so dunno what to suggest there. ;;

baye

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Different types of breaths: long, short inhales and exhales are good. Glottal stop endings can be helpful if they're not already in the main folder. Extra english sounds if necessary--I would advise against entire words, and instead use phonemes that make up those words. (Full words can be difficult to OTO, I've found from experience. Joke files can be fun sometimes, I guess? I don't really use them though.) Like english R's, L's and some commonly used vowels/dipthongs?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Any audio samples meant to be used in UTAU, I assume, would be in the voicebank folder. Anything meant to be added during mixing (like breaths and phrases) is what goes into the omake.

Breath sounds get slaughtered through resamplers, honestly. The reason for the varying speeds of breaths and such is so that it can be added in the right contexts during mixing, like the short ones between phrases

SCARYCHEWINGGUM

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Thanks for all your help guys! I've got a better image of what I should put into the omake now. Thank you!