What should I record?

null

Teto's Territory
So my mic has arrived and i've developed my voice to sound more masculine during the time I waited so I can record an UTAU now, yay! So what should I record? I'd like to try tackling a CVVC or VCCV japanese. I've never recorded multipitch or appends so if you could explain that to me it'd be great. And that's pretty much it, thanks for your time.

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
There is no VCCV japanese, it isn't structured like that, so I am assuming you mean VCV?

In terms of being short, CVVC is a good place to start. In terms of magically automated but dreadfully long to make, VCV is good. Both are relatively easy just VCV will take longer.

For multipitch, what you first need to do is determine your vocal range (lowest comfortable note to the highest comfortable one). You can sue pitch monitor for Ackie Sound to do that. You can download that here.
Once you do that just evenly space how ever many pitches you want within that range, trying to keep them at least 3-4 semitones (a semitone is an individual note pitch) apart. So let's say you had a range of F2 to F4 and wanted to record 4 pitches, you could record F2, C3, G#3, and E4.
You can shift them around to fit any changes in your vocal tone as well, which is suggested if you can figure it out.

Appends are just tonal variations of the original voice. Maybe you want a softer or raspier or sassier voice, then you can record an "append". There isn't anything special about the recording process for an append, just figure out how you want it to sound and record that way.

I hope this was helpful! I can explain more if needed.

null

Teto's Territory
Thanks, this was very helpful! Since I'm doing this over a course of time I'll do VCV and as for multipitch and appends I honestly don't know. My voice is quite versatile but I'm really not bothered aaaaa, I'll see. I'll probably do appends though, I find them helpful.