What Utau personality traits annoy you?

RaccoonButler

Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu
Defender of Defoko
Ex. Utau who are in love with a vocaloid, Utau who are labeled as a "dere" type, etc.

(I actually don't mind the dere type thing as long as it's not basically the only/major part of their personality)

Reactions: HIRATELIER

Nat

(๑•﹏•)
Defender of Defoko
I have already announced my hatred towards "shy but nice when you get to know them", also overused dere types "yandere, tsu dere, dere dere, dandere, kuudere etc". Also energetic and always happy, but emo annoys me as well.

Reactions: HIRATELIER

ExistenceReaper

Procrastinator
Defender of Defoko
I'm not really bothered by personality traits stuff (because people are people) but I'm not much of a fan of unrealistic personalities, like always feeling emotions of a similar nature.
Dere types don't bother me that much but only if it isn't 109% stereotype.

Being overly specific sometimes does get on my nerves though.

Reactions: Nohkara

sailor _ravioli

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
i dont really care bc i dont usually take personality into account when making covers or deciding which utau i use/listen to
to me its mainly the voice is what matters but ill make a list of a few that bother me:

-emo
-parents/family died in some incident
-dramatic past
-scene
-dere types (theyre ok if they dont fit the stereotype to a tee tho)
-kawaii<3 kyaa~ type (hopefully you know what im talking about)
-the "loner" type

theres probably more but these are the main ones that kinda annoy me nyooooooom

Last edited:

Tomato Hentai

dont call me a veggie
Defender of Defoko
While this isn't a personality trait, I hate when people make their UTAUs friends with VOCALOID like Miku, or popular UTAUs like Teto and Ritsu.

HapiSong

Teto's Territory
Yeah, Utau that are created to be already in love/best friends with someone do annoy me. I think they should be ambiguous and leave it to the imagination of the viewer.

If someone is going to make an Utauloid for the public to enjoy though, I don't see the need to force pair them with an character that isn't theirs.

Otherwise, personality traits, wise the character going to probably fit the creator's own feelings or life experiences, and I don't judge people's feelings that way. There's lots of emo, shy, clumsy, etc. people out there, so what? Nothing is original anyway!

Maybe2Morrow

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
UTAUs there is made to be directly friends with popularity UTAUs or vocaloid just ugh.

I don't hate those personalities - but I always give them an extra twist
- Like the shy one there never talks - Here I myself have my UTAU Ao Capella (release in the weekend - hopefully) but her twist is - play rock and she will run on the walls //shoot
- The annoyed over everything type - As much as I may have one myself is he not annoyed over EVERYTHING but actually quite a curious wonder who tries to learn without showing any interest.

That said - personalities shall be realistic...

Animé Fan

Head of the Shonen Academy
Defender of Defoko
I've got several UTAU personalities that really peeve me:
  • Deres, especially tsundere and yandere
  • The "shy and sweet but serious when they need to be" formula
  • Overly "kawaii" and "edgy"
  • Overly pretentious and/or conceited
  • Overly meek and subservient, especially if they're too weak-willed
Hope these didn't sound too harsh.

Shasta

Professional Lurker
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
I think one of the very few things that bother me about UTAU personalities are when they're said to be friends with or in a relationship with either A.) a vocaloid or any other commercial vocal synth product or B.) an UTAU whose creator didn't approve of said friendship. If I use an UTAU, I typically toss their personality to the side tbh (Though, I always follow their creators rules.), and if their creator isn't cool with that, then I know what UTAU, series and/or creator to not work with in the future.

Piia

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Hmmm... I think the personality traits that annoy me are:
  • Stereotypical 'dere' personalities (being a bit dere is fine but completely that personality is a bland one)
  • UTAUs that are "close" to Vocaloids or popular UTAUs (like did the owner of the UTAU wanna make friends with yours?)
  • Ones that dislike deres (how ironic) or Miku. It makes me feel the UTAU's judgmental, a personality I dislike, a lot.
Though for me personality doesn't really matter in an UTAU though... If the voice is good, it's good.
But don't expect that id be roleplaying with these characters.

Last edited:

Tin-Loid

Tin-Loid
Defender of Defoko
I don't like SUPER specific liking of other Voices (vocaloid/cevio/utau/etc...) like: HI I"M ______ AND I DON'T Like ______. Now likes/dislikes can be interesting, Tree likes Food (in general) and cute things, but then I'd specify things he likes MORE than those things, but still fall into the categories, for instance he likes cute things, and Red Pandas, Corgis, and Tin, so he likes a lot of things but he likes (redpandas corgis and Tin) over the rest of the category. Dislikes are the same way when I create an utau's profile/personality. IT REALLY ANNOYS ME WHEN THEY ARE INTENTIONALLY SUPER PERVY/ PROVOCATIVE, unless they have an ironic or funny part of their personality or physical traits(I.E. Macne Nitton has HUGE boobs, and she likes grabbing other boobs, to me it's funny, but I still don't REALLY approve but it's not my opinion that matters).

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Well, I don't like...

-too stereotypical personalities.

-personalities that are described with just one word

-absolutely "perfect" like a superman, no flaws, no weaknesses etc. None is perfect IRL (likeable characters has usually one or two flaws/weaknesses)

-I'm OK with "dere" types as long as their personality isn't just about being a ___dere (the only dere types that creeps me out are yangire and yandere, others are more OK IMO)

-In UTAU case, I don't like if their personality info is as long as a novel (UTAU is a singing synthesizer at the end and not a comic/manga character, so why it should have a super long bio at the first place???)

-disliking/loving a other Vocaloid or UTAU* character that isn't your own

*it's fine if the other UTAU is your friend's and they agree with you with that setting (being rivals, lovers, etc.)

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I don't like seeing the whole 'shy at first yada, yada, yada' -Gets kinda lame when you see it over and over again
-Tsundere(see this all the time)
-Kuudere(don't see it often, but tropes aren't very unique)
-Yandere(I see this way more and it's so annoying, like yandere is not that interesting)
-Deredere(slightly more rare, but sounds boring if it's the only personality description)

-I don't like any of these words to describe a character, makes them seem flat and 2d if the only thing that decsribes their personality are worn-out tropes, one can have a character that seems like one of these tropes without using any of the dere words, and have them seem a million times more interesting

mallowkey

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
  • dere (especially yandere)
  • the ones that are excessively cute and add suffixes to what they say (aka nya~, kya!-- symbols i can still deal with)
  • superbly edgy that don't interact with other people (followed by them complaining that they're misunderstood and you gotta try to know them better)
  • super hyper kinetic fangirl/fanboy
  • the ones that are 'i'm like this but if this super specific thing happens i will become the opposite of my personality'
  • ditzy. like that's it, that's their only personality.
  • r@ndomzzzz!!!!111!
tragic backstories i'm okay with (*stares at my two utau*), as long as they don't make that the core of their personality (like 'oh i'm sad because of this happened in my past blah blah blah')