What's hanasu?

Alessandra

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I find this word pretty cool, despite I don't know the meaning, and I'm sure it has nothing to do with flowers (haha). Could you please explain me what's or who's hanasu?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
話す (hanasu) is a Japanese word meaning "to speak", analogous to how UTAU is the word for "to sing". This is the equivalent term to the word "Talkloid" in the vocaloid community, using a singing synthesizer for speech instead.

Reactions: Piia and Jeffrey

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I remember seeing one somewhere, though I don't exactly recall the name. As far as I know, most people simply make USTs for hanasu by hand.

Alessandra

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I find this word pretty cool, despite I don't know the meaning, and I'm sure it has nothing to do with flowers (haha). Could you please explain me what's or who's hanasu?
Could you please explain me more about it?

Aura Autumnus

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Normally you would take the UTAU program, draw the notes with the lyrics and start playing with them up and down along with the portamento so it resembles human speech. It's quite complex and you need good hearing for that so it doesn't sound like a robot. I myself feel not capable of doing such a thing. Lately I have seen there is a new tendency: VCVC. Some people tried to play with UTAU samples to make it more like talkloid, but I do not have enough information to tell you the depths of this new system.

Alessandra

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I'm not exactly sure exactly what is the method to do hanasu