What's Your Preferred UTAU Avatar Style?

What's Your Preferred UTAU Avatar Style?

• You know, the regular (Human-looking)

Votes: 33 86.8%
  • I like my UTAUs like my chest hair: Furry (Animal-looking)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Who doesn't want a singing potato? (Object avatar)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • WHAT'S THE POINT OF AN AVATAR ANYWAY? (no avatar)

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters

Piia

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Okay, so this poll isn't about bashing your avatars, it's just to see which kind does the community like best
If you find this offensive (cuz it's still 2016), please tell me personally and I'll take the poll down.

I personally like human-looking avatars because I guess I'm used to it.

Object heads in this poll would be considered an object, okay?

Last edited:
P

partial

While I do like human avatars, probably because they are the common, I don't discriminate against fur avatars or object avatars or no avatars. I actually find furs and objects quite interesting, and am pleasantly surprised when I come across UTAU like that.

For no avatars, I like them, but I prefer an unofficial 'base', or a popular design such as VY2's Roro look, just on the off chance I would like to use that UTAU in a creative work where a character design would be a plus to have.

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
For joke VBs, objects, animals (not furries), or a "kawaii kowaii sugoi desu yo minna-tan" design.

Furry avatars aren't my thing tbh. But if it's something like only nekomimi like Yami Ryone (or a wolf girl like Miko ;D), I'm perfectly fine with them since I don't really consider appendages as being furry.

Overall, I prefer the anime-styled human avatar because I'm weeaboo trash I'm used to them.
For no avatars, I like them, but I prefer an unofficial 'base', or a popular design such as VY2's Roro look, just on the off chance I would like to use that UTAU in a creative work where a character design would be a plus to have.
^This too

Reactions: Piia and Animé Fan

Animé Fan

Head of the Shonen Academy
Defender of Defoko
For joke VBs, objects, animals (not furries), or a "kawaii kowaii sugoi desu yo minna-tan" design.

Furry avatars aren't my thing tbh. But if it's something like only nekomimi like Yami Ryone (or a wolf girl like Miko ;D), I'm perfectly fine with them since I don't really consider appendages as being furry.

Overall, I prefer the anime-styled human avatar because I'm weeaboo trash I'm used to them.

^This too
Same here!

Reactions: Piia and kimchi-tan

Piia

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
While I do like human avatars, probably because they are the common, I don't discriminate against fur avatars or object avatars or no avatars. I actually find furs and objects quite interesting, and am pleasantly surprised when I come across UTAU like that.

Yea, no avatars give the fans the freedom and flexibilty to choose how the VB avatar would be.

I don't know... I'm personally not fond of animal avatars (not part of the furry fandom here). But if the voice bank is good, I'm gonna listen to it.
But a touch of animal to a human avatar is fine by me, fun to look at actually (I mean like Miko Ooka or those like @TheEndIsNearUs's)

Object avatars? Well, I prefer object heads over completely objects.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nohkara and partial

FelineWasteland

Feral Catboy
Defender of Defoko
Yea, no avatars give the fans the freedom and flexibilty to choose how the VB avatar would be.

I don't know... I'm personally not fond of animal avatars (not part of the furry fandom here). But if the voice bank is good, I'm gonna listen to it.
But a touch of animal to a human avatar is fine by me, fun to look at actually (I mean like Miko Ooka or those like @TheEndIsNearUs's)

Object avatars? Well, I prefer object heads over completely objects.
Do you mean like my forum avatar? If so I just want to clarify that he's not actually an UTAU, just an OC of mine. My UTAU looks like a robot.

Reactions: Piia

FelineWasteland

Feral Catboy
Defender of Defoko
oh sorry my bad. Btw what's your robot utau's name?
It's cool! My UTAU's name is CASSIEL.

For a legit response to this, I don't personally care what the avatar for a voice is, as long as it's fitting somehow. Though, a well designed UTAU can certainly help you get noticed.

Reactions: Nohkara

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Can't vote because I can only choose one and I like multiple types :sing:

Human: I guess this is the "default", and as characters they're the most versatile. I like hearing about people's OCs.
Objects: Silly and fun. The characters I associate with my test banks are an eggplant and flower tree.
None: Having bare, characterless voicebanks is always an option! Gives the impression of professionalism, since there's less focus on the image and more on the voicebank.

I'm not a fan of furries though. Just doesn't appeal to me (shrug)

TheEternalChild7

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Personally, I don't particularly DISlike any of these types of avatars. It's all up to the creator, and if an UTAU sounds good, I'll be excited to use it no matter what character image is attached to it. I've seen some really cool human designs, furry designs, and object-based designs.

I actually really like the idea of not attaching any specific character image to an UTAU, though. It gives each user so much freedom to interpret that UTAU's appearance based on their voice, or even to leave out any image of a "character" entirely so there's nothing to distract from the music itself. And I imagine it would be pretty cool for the UTAU's creator to see all the different images people associate with their UTAU.

(... I wouldn't make an UTAU with no avatar myself, though, 'cause it makes me too happy to see how other people draw characters I've designed. <v<' But, y'know, I like the idea in theory.)

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I have no problem with any avatar type. To date, I've had gumiho, rabbit, a once human geisha who's now a sentient diamond-being [not based on SU; I didn't start watching that til later this year and I already had PINK DIAMOND in mind before then], and a 19th century doll with a broken voicebox. I will say that I'm not a fan of furries unless they're more cartoony like Bugs Bunny, Speedy Gonzalez, Tiny Toons, etc. Maybe it's just the ones I've been exposed to - barring a few, but a fair share of them seem to just be excuses for over-emphasized anatomy... like the kind you see in craptacular Ecchi.

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Oooh, I like them all...Beautiful Pictures, drawn art of Humans, Random objects, Furries, instruments...I like them all XD

As long as the image space isnt blank for me it is wonderful...Not having an image is not a problem for me, but I prefer having an image XD it is more baultiful

Shasta

Professional Lurker
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
Although, yes. All my UTAU look humanoid, I don't really have a preference for the UTAU's avatar. I will only draw humanoid characters, though. Since I am primarily an artist, the mascot/avatar is kinda important. I don't want to risk any conflicts with my interpretations of a vocal, eheh.... So I prefer one already set in place..

Skiyoshi 十三

Lotus#12915
Defender of Defoko
I personally prefer humanoid avatars, I'm not one of the furry fandom. I would still use any character voicebank, but eccentuated items (Like VY1 and VY2, which would give me an idea of the character to some degree) and humanoids capture my attention the most.

RaccoonButler

Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu
Defender of Defoko
I usually go humany but I also like horrifying eldritch abominations

eldritch_abomination_by_vibgyorc6-d4vi5sl.png

I also actually like anthropomorphic characters that aren't sexualized and drawn more like their animal shape than a human shape but with clothes. Then it's cute, but otherwise it's frankly uncanny.

Though that would have no bearing on the vb.

Last edited:

Piia

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
I usually go humany but I also like horrifying eldritch abominations

eldritch_abomination_by_vibgyorc6-d4vi5sl.png

I also actually like anthropomorphic characters that aren't sexualized and drawn more like their animal shape than a human shape but with clothes. Then it's cute, but otherwise it's frankly uncanny.

Though that would have no bearing on the vb.

Youre right the avatar should not change the way people hear the voicebank. After all, it's just an image. If it's good, then it's good.