Where to post UTAU webcomic?

Discussion in 'Q&A and Tech Support' started by Fanicom, Jun 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Fanicom

Fanicom Suami's Istri Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Although this is still far at the bottom of my to-do list, I was wondering if anyone here would be interested and give me advice on where and how to spread it out. :sing:

So far I've listed a few possible platforms, please tell me what you think!

Tumblr

I have recently looked around here and saw how some artists post their stuff (well, only within the Undertale tag. Not sure where to look!) However, most of them are small 3-4 page one shots. I have a feeling that Tumblr is more of a sharing site than to actually host doujins and such, eh. Aside from that

Tapastic

I haven't tried this yet, and I'm not sure how it will go with the UTAU community. Are they familiar enough with it? Or do I have to spread links with another site =w=

LINE Webtoon

I believe that one serial would require immense popularity for it to even be recognized, but it's a possible way to attract people outside of the community-- if I'm lucky enough. Yet, I could do this on other websites too so... is there a plus for it or not?

deviantART

Being a former deviantART user, I know that it's quite hard to drag attention for it -- especially if I have to post per page! I could convert my comic to a Flash SWF, but with one drawback. Namely, the fact that mobile users won't be able to see it, and I would have to post a link to some other website that can use like, a normal image format.

Aside from that, how do you drive people to read it if your submission is toncrap buried within their watch feed of +1000 a day? :'U

Create my own blog/website

No, I'm not talking about paid hosting yet because... not sure how to do it. My coding skills aren't that great either.

But suppose that I make a laggy wix, wordpress or blogspot-- or be lucky enough to get someone to help me make my own hosted site if I pay them. Most likely, it will end up becoming our official website. While its advantage is that all content would be on the same spot and people can access our UTAU VB, character bio and concept arts there... I'm worried about site traffic problems, if it ever occurs, not sure how to handle that kind of stuff.

That's about it. If you have other suggestions, please let me know! >7<

Arissa and Damien like this.
  3. Damien

Damien Wannabe Worker Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Wonderful idea! But, ehm, the only one of these I've ever used is DeviantArt, so shoot I cant recommend anything really.

4. VocAddict

VocAddict Voice Within Us Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I haven't used Tapastic though a few authors I'm following sometimes post there (along with other places). I use LINE Webtoon everyday lol so it's pretty good. People really use the Discover section once something new comes out. I'll choose between the two of them tbh.

As for spreading the word about it, there are forums (VO and UF), Facebook, Twitter, etc. I'm sure the community will be interested in it and will share it with others once they know it exists.

5. Lorreine Geralde

Lorreine Geralde Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Maybe you can try, er...Smack Jeeves? :O

6. Pixys

Pixys Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    i can tell you right now deviantart and tumblr are really bad if you want exposure..like..really bad (dA might not be as bad but still..)

i heard better things about taptastic

Arissa likes this.
  7. Arissa

Arissa Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Perhaps use Line Webtoons? I read comics there from time to time and seems nice, plus u can have chapters organized and scheduled updates and whatnot, with deviantart and Tumblr idk, they're not much for this kind of thing imo(Tumblr more so tho)

And it would be a nice opportunity to get Utau noticed outside the community!! >=< Also, with Line Webtoons there r things and u can get paid so cha-ching x3

SOHBlue likes this.
  8. Fanicom

Trophy Points
    Aih, wouldn't doubt about it. Looks like a sea of flames, that's why I quit the first one :U
    Never used Tapastic, I think it can only handle normal paneled formats or what have ya. But on the other hand, LINE only accepts a certain resolution for upload (and it's not big, either...)

I could just be pondering about irrelevant things. :p

Yes, I totally agree~ have to review the ToS or something for Webtoon then... just in case. Will also need to check permission for drawing people's UTAU and Vocaloids right? :'U

Never used Smack Jeeves! I'll go look at it later.

Lorreine Geralde likes this.
  9. Lorreine Geralde

Lorreine Geralde Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Okay :smile:

10. Fanicom

Trophy Points
    Aye~ I took a look at it, it was kinda slow for me but seems pretty neato owo could be third option then... I decided to go Webtoon > Tapastic > Smack Jeeves

but honestly, i stayed for like, 30 minutes reading The Wastelands

Lorreine Geralde likes this.