Will draw for VCV oto (Still Open!)

aplusod

Teto's Territory
So, I've had maybe five VCV banks lying around for several years now. They're probably not the best quality and there's stuff that probably needs to be rerecorded eventually. Anyway, I've never really gotten around to finishing otoing any of these. All of these are also monopitch.

I also have an English CVVC bank and several other other language voicebanks that need otos, that I'm totally willing to trade art for as well. Please note that these are also probably not great either and might have weird pronunciation errors that I didn't catch or know. Ah, and the English CVVC bank has a bit more priority over the other language banks.
I'll include the oto file I've been working on, though if you find yourself thinking "What the heck did this person do?!" then feel free to just scrap it =w= It's also is probably worth noting that I tried doing the automatic thing in SetParam first just to get all the aliases in, but some of the parameters may still be way off if I didn't get to fixing them.

All voicebanks I'm looking to be oto'd can be found here. Please excuse some of the generic folder names.

My art can be found at my DeviantArt and my Tumblr. Let me know what you want, whether it's cover art or a full body art or anything else. For the most part, I'm thinking one piece of art for one oto sounds good.

-
Edit (8/18/15): Added two more banks to the MediaFire folder linked above. "8 11 15" is a CV voicebank that I'll draw up to half body for. "JP CVVC" is, well, Japanese CVVC that is a normal trade. Both are monopitch, however do not have base otos.

Edit (9/26/15): List of voicebanks not currently in a trade:
"English CVVC"
(Also, as I'm currently away at school, there's no chance of rerecording anything atm. The walls are way too thin and I have roommates orz.)

Last edited:

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hello, I may be interested in otoing your english voicebank.
Do you have any requirements that I would need to know?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm interested in doing one of the Chinese banks! I'll have to download it tomorrow morning when I get back on a computer, so do you mind if I describe the art request now?

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm interested in the Korean bank.
Like JeremyB796: do you have any particular requirements?
Like Adlez: is it okay to make a request now?

aplusod

Teto's Territory
@all - Sounds good! Yes, feel free to make requests now. I can get started when I get home from work.

None of these should have any particular requirements I can think of. The Chinese voicebanks are all meant to be Mandarin, and those plus the Korean bank were recorded several years ago and likely have a number of issues. I think it's unlikely that I can make my voice match still, but if you could point out which samples desperately need to be rerecorded, I'd appreciate it.
I do know that one of the Chinese VBs has an incorrect "de.wav" that I still haven't fixed but I can't remember which one.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Alright! I'd really like some Chipspeech art, of Dandy 704 and Soda chan.

Dandy ref https://pixoshiru.wordpress.com/2015/03/18/chipspeech-dandy-704/ (He's also over 7 feet tall)

Soda chan is simply a person with a soda can for a head- appearance is up to you.

I'd like something that illustrates their relationship... Dandy has an official Twitter/Tumblr/etc and Soda is the moderator who runs it.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm having trouble figuring how to work with the Chinese banks, sorry. Do you mind if I do a VCV bank instead? I've downloaded REVAMP 5.1

aplusod

Teto's Territory
tumblr_nri8c0PgYK1r2yotwo1_540.png

(This probably looks better on a lighter colored background)

@Adlez27
Hope you like it! If there's anything you need me to change, let me know. I can also upload a version without the background bit if needed.
Thanks so much!

"VCV Revamp 5.1" was removed from the mediafire folder as the oto was completed.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
AAAAAHHHH OH MY GOD ITS SO BEAUTIFUL THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH

Hoping you get your other otos done!

aplusod

Teto's Territory
I uploaded two more voicebanks because I recorded two more. I had an audio issue so I couldn't even listen to the samples in Oremo, so if whoever oto's them could let me know which samples terribly need to be rerecorded, I'd appreciate it. I'm also not sure if the recording quality is decent though, since I couldn't play it back orz;;
8 11 15 is a CV Japanese voicebank. (I'm lazy when it comes to otoing QpQ) I'll draw something up to half-body for this one.
JP CVVC is, well, Japanese CVVC. I used the same reclist as Ritsu, minus the english samples.
Neither of these has a base oto. Both are monopitch as well.
--

@KaylaTheOtaku Yup, all of the VCV banks are Japanese. Let me know what you want me to draw and I'll start soon!

@JeremyB796 @Tsukine Sayuri Are you guys still interested in trading?

Kale

Leaf god
Defender of Defoko
can you draw a black Cat-Girl, with a white stripe down the middle of her face. She has a long, fluffy tail and wears a shirt with a sewn-together heart on it. She normally doesn't wear shoes, but if she does, she wears black sneakers ^-^ I'll finish the oto as soon as I can!

aplusod

Teto's Territory
can you draw a black Cat-Girl, with a white stripe down the middle of her face. She has a long, fluffy tail and wears a shirt with a sewn-together heart on it. She normally doesn't wear shoes, but if she does, she wears black sneakers ^-^ I'll finish the oto as soon as I can!
Mkay, I'll start soon! A few questions: What type of pants or skirt does she wear? Is the stripe down her face wide, or just a thin line? Is there a particular color scheme?

Yes, I recently installed Windows 10 on my machine (clean install), so I have to get the bank from off my cloud service to continue. I'll get back to working on the Korean oto in the morning.
Ah gotcha. Let me know what to draw, and I'll start that too!

Kale

Leaf god
Defender of Defoko
Mkay, I'll start soon! A few questions: What type of pants or skirt does she wear? Is the stripe down her face wide, or just a thin line? Is there a particular color scheme?
She mostly wears red and black. She wears blue jeans, and the stripe on her face is wide.

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I've finished the Korean oto.
https://app.box.com/s/fkphp3o10vip0dni0g5oxbzoekehy3rz

You said earlier that you'd like to receive advice of what can be fixed for future recordings, iirc...

Audio:
- inconsistent volume.
- inconsistent quality (some samples are clear, but others suffer popping, glitching, lack of consonant all together, are so soft that the signal is virtually undetectable, etc).
- some sounds are missing all together, such as single vowels (a, i, u, e, o) and their transitional sounds

Pronunciation:
- Plain consonants, tense consonants, and aspirated consonants all lack proper differentiation in sound.
- ㄱ (g/k), ㄷ (t/d), ㅂ (p/b), ㅈ (j/ts), ㄹ (r/l): these Hangul and their tense equivalents have different initial, middle (within the middle of a word), and ending sounds. The bank doesn't reflect this.
- 어 (eo) and 으 (eu) pronunciations are entirely wrong. Eo is between the 'uh' in "sun" and 'o' in "gold." Eu doesn't have a proper English equivalent, but it can be created with the mouth positioned for i/い, while voicing u/う
- 의 (eui/ui) is correct, but is missing the second form of pronunciation (sounds like ye, such as the word naui/나의)
- 애 and 에 should sound the same (like e/え) if your utau character is younger than middle age. Young Seoul residents don't acknowledge the subtle phonological difference, where as older Koreans and North Koreans may.

For art, I'd like for my main bank (left) and append (right) to be drawn, please.

tsukine_sayuri__core_and_append_by_laurenlcd-d8z2ujz.png

May I request that it be full body and transparent png in case I use it for box art, videos, etc?

Last edited:

ParanoidKitsune

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I could oto the New VCV bank if you want me to?

Also, on behalf of a friend since she doesn't have an account here, she was interested in otoing the CV bank for you!

ParanoidKitsune

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko