Worst UTAU ever??

PikaPokket

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
Dear God!!! My friend, who is a horrible singer, requested I make her an UTAU. So I get ready, wait, wait, and wait, and she procrastinates so hard. Then when she finally does send me her sounds, they're just BAD. She mispronounces a lot, is LOUD in most sounds and sings softly in other sounds. I tried to configure this UTAU to make her sound better, but I failed. Maybe this was a double fail TT__TT
She was screaming into her microphone!! SCREAMING!!! And she was like "this sounds really really really bad. I'll get to re-recording...eventually, I don't feel like doing it anytime soon"
Anyways, the picture is not of the actual UTAUloid, he's just my little OC who really wants all of the bad sound gone...And the last picture....well I think you all should recognize that :smile:
Also I hope I posted in the right section.
Worst UTAU/Vocaloid ever??

PikaPokket

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
And I also forgot to mention, my friend was totally cool with me posting this, she was like "you can do whatever you want with her voice, just don't tell them who I am and it'll be fine"

Zakoloid

Teto's Territory
Oh my. o.o This one definetely has major issues, not much else I can say except just scraping the samples and starting over. D:

[sub]And here I thought mine were bad.[/sub] ANYWHO, I wish the best of luck with it!

PikaPokket

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
Zakoloid link said:
Oh my. o.o This one definetely has major issues, not much else I can say except just scraping the samples and starting over. D:

[sub]And here I thought mine were bad.[/sub] ANYWHO, I wish the best of luck with it!
I know, right!!! This UTAUloid can make any UTAU user feel better about theirs. Also I think your UTAU can't be totally completely BAD, I would use a more specific term or such like "Needs adjustment"  And...apparently my friend just doesn't want her UTAU to sound better... O3o

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Hah. Uh. Try setting modulation to 0? :O Maybe that will help a bit.

PikaPokket

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
Ant link said:
Hah. Uh. Try setting modulation to 0? :O Maybe that will help a bit.
Actually, I think re-recording is needed? Can you hear the inconsistencies in each syllable? My friend was just not trying -_- But thanks for the advice, I'll definitely try ^^

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I agree with Ant. There should be something in the flags, oto, etc. that's causing the off-pitchness and can be put right. I think after being on-tune and disregarding the samples that weren't pronounced well, there'd be a cool way to use this...she'd be like a cross between Teto and Maiko XD

PikaPokket

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
Kit Wistful link said:
I agree with Ant. There should be something in the flags, oto, etc. that's causing the off-pitchness and can be put right. I think after being on-tune and disregarding the samples that weren't pronounced well, there'd be a cool way to use this...she'd be like a cross between Teto and Maiko XD
Maiko? I'm sorry I don't know who is she!!
Also, you mean to say that there is a flag that could hopefully make her less off-pitch? Because as of right now, I haven't gotten to using ANY sort of flag, and her samples are disastrous, so I got confused oto-ing them.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Maiko is an UTAU made for screamo songs. Though she's usually used for the lolz...

PikaPokket

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
Ant link said:
Maiko is an UTAU made for screamo songs. Though she's usually used for the lolz...
I just looked her up.... Umm I don't think UTAU is quite ready for screamo yet XD

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Well the first demo was in the wrong key to the karaoke.

The rest of it is lack of decent configuration+fitting to the UST. I think it'd sound halfway decent if that was done correctly.

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Do you think you could stop posting a new thread here every time you do something new?  You have four threads in this forum in the most recent eight or so.

Go learn to oto, then come back and ask how you did in one of the threads you already made for critique.  But quit making new threads, if you would, please.

PikaPokket

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
Cdra link said:
Do you think you could stop posting a new thread here every time you do something new?  You have four threads in this forum in the most recent eight or so.

Go learn to oto, then come back and ask how you did in one of the threads you already made for critique.  But quit making new threads, if you would, please.
I'm sorry about that >.< and I'll do that from now on

PikaPokket

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
Halo link said:
Well the first demo was in the wrong key to the karaoke.

The rest of it is lack of decent configuration+fitting to the UST. I think it'd sound halfway decent if that was done correctly.
That's the thing, she doesn't want ANY changes whatsoever, she just said to drop it, and get rid of the old voicebank because that's not the sound she wanted(she wanted a softer, gentle sound, I think. The very first time she did it just to see what it sounded like and what she wanted to change, especially since I had no power over how she pronounced everything when she's miles away.) She didn't want me to fix up the configurations since she said it would all be tossed out anyways -__-" But she was fine with me using pre-existing songs, but she told me not to make any more songs with this voicebank. Does that make sense? I hope it does. I'm not even uni-lingual so my grammar might be bad?

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Then you shouldn't have made this thread, especially not in the "critiquing" section; You are prevented from improving it because the voicer doesn't want you to. Just drop it.