WTF Happened?! A Tale of Extended Downtime

Discussion in 'News & Updates' started by Hentai, Jun 20, 2014.

1. MystSaphyr

MystSaphyr Procrastinator Extraordinaire Administrator Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    RE:

(If it hasn't been obvious so far one of our useful plugins, spambot protection, is now missing. This might prove to be difficult.)

2. samth1815

samth1815 Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    RE:

To be honest, stuff may be glitching here and there and the site looks totally different, but I'm just glad you guys got stuff up and running again.

Thank you!

If there's anything I can do to help let me know, although there probably isn't hah
    [hr]
    Oh gosh.

Hoping we don't get a massive wave of spambots while stuff is down.

3. Uchuu

Uchuu CeVIO Enthusiast Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    RE:

Quick! Nuke the spambots! Nuke the spambots!
    Where do I make threads for UTAU releases again? o3o

4. _caustic_

_caustic_ Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    RE:

I always thought you could upload the databases to a directory and point to it rather than "importing" it directly...but that's just some nonsense coming from a person without understanding
    [hr]
    I thought that you could upload the databases to a directory and then move it or point to it from there...web code is like alien tech to me...
    Couldn't you also split the database up and then load the table first?

mmm...spam...

edit: I said I would donate an organ for you guys...I take it back...
    You guys would probably prefer something more useful...

5. Olivia

Olivia Tutor Tutor Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    RE:

Oh dear. :sad: This is very unfortunate.
    Well, nonetheless, thank you very much for doing so much for the forum and recovering such a great portion of it. It would have been devastating to lose the whole UTAforum.
    Although recent threads and posts may be out of reach, I am very grateful that not all has been lost. It is great that there is a backup from April along with the older Forumotion and Zetaboards forums.

Thank you very much for all the work you have put into getting this forum back, Hentai.

6. amaterasu miya

amaterasu miya Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    hmmm
    i doubt there may be, BUT, is there anything i could do to help? i would happily help if i can, because i find UTAforum so useful, and i would love to repay all the staff for putting together such a helpful forum :3

7. shinami

shinami Procrastination Queen Tutor Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    RE:

Oh, wow, dang. Late to the party since yesterday Tutors were let back in. This is DEFINETLY not what I thought was going on, thught that Hentai was implementing the changes he had thought about back in the Staff Room a while ago.

This is majorly unfortunate, and I'll be happy if anything is salvaged, as anything is better than nothing. But don't overwork yourself on it, you're the true amazing force behind Utaforum, Hentai! I hope it all goes well!

8. Olivia

Olivia Tutor Tutor Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    RE:

Oh how strange, you were locked out of the forum? I read the other thread, it said that all Tutors had been locked out and were not listed as registered users. That is very strange, as none of this happened to me and I am a Tutor as well. (At least last time I checked, eek!) Very weird. Ah, nonetheless, I am very glad you are back, welcome back to the forum!

I hope things turn out okay guys, and I agree, don't overwork yourself Hentai ;u;
    The best of luck

9. MystSaphyr

MystSaphyr Procrastinator Extraordinaire Administrator Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    RE:

That's because Tutors were a custom usergroup I made, and I think permissions got reset for custom groups when we brought the forum back. Sorry..!

10. Zoku

Zoku heta-tan campaigner 2k16 Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    RE:

I'm sad that all of this has happened. Even though I don't log on too much, I find all of,this very unfortunate...