XOTA Secret Stash

Discussion in 'Art' started by Animé Fan, Dec 1, 2016.

?

If I were to make another XOTA unit, what color should his hair be? If more, mark any that apply.

1. White

25.0%
  2. Green

25.0%
  3. Purple

6.3%
  4. Orange

6.3%
  5. Red

31.3%
  6. Black

25.0%
  7. Other (please specify)

6.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Fanicom

Fanicom Suami's Istri Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    You're not forced to, but you just... do. It's excessive display of embarrasment, and nobody likes it. It's actually better to just openly take what the guys said, but with a grain of salt.

JAY and Arissa like this.
  2. Animé Fan

Animé Fan Head of the Shonen Academy Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Which I do. Though what folks say really give me more of a reason to interact with them less.

3. JAY

JAY Tea Enthusiast Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Hi there!
    I'm your local transgender person (not transvestite, as that's a mean word and you shouldn't use it) kindly asking you to not make trans characters if they're gonna enforce negative trans stereotypes and use derogatory terminology! Here are some ways you can have a trans character and not be shitty to the trans community at the same time!

If the character is a "boy who assumes a female persona or transgender" (also, transgender is an adjective, not a noun. I think you meant to say 'transgender person'), then you should be using female or genderless pronouns for them like she/her/hers or they/them/theirs. Referring to them with masculine pronouns such as he/him/his perpetuates the stereotype that transgender women are men that are pretending to be women. And that's problematic because y'know, the US government's reasoning for having anti-trans bathroom laws is almost completely based on that invalid argument. Also, taking out the whole 'boy assuming a persona' thing would be great, as it also perpetrates this stereotype. Just calling them a 'transgender woman' would most likely be appropriate.

Another thing you can do to improve your character is not have them be trans at all! If you don't know enough to make a character accurately representing a trans person, why would you make one at all? Especially since your bio says "I don't hate female characters; I just don't work with them." and "Tips and Tricks on How to Record a Male UTAU Voicebank", I'd assume you don't know enough to make a good trans character, since once again, transgender women are females, not males, and you clearly don't work with female characters. Also, your whole 'tips on making a male voicebank' section may be helpful in other situations, but once again, giving your trans female character a 'male voicebank' perpetrates the "trans women are men that are pretending" stereotype.

TL;DR:
    You're making a character that enforces the shitty stereotype that trans women are men/aren't real women, and if you can't fix her to be a normal trans woman who uses she/her pronouns that isn't a "boy who assumes a female persona" along with being able to use proper trans-related terminology and vocabulary, maybe just make a male UTAU and don't make a trans UTAU at all. There are a fair amount of transgender and genderqueer users in this community, and making an enemy out of us by having a transphobic character and alienating us with it would be nothing but unfortunate for you.

THANKS FOR READING!
    Love, Jay

Sors, HowlingWolf15, nanaro and 3 others like this.