12-Mora Japanese VCV premade Oto, would you like it when done?

FeatheredFinch

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I have a 12 mora Japanese reclist and it works very well and also has some English (l's, R's, Th's) it only has about 160 samples which is tiny for a VCV, it works with moresampler but some sounds get duped a lot so I'm going to clean up to oto, would any of you be interested in the reclist/oto when I have it completed?

P

partial

Good lord yes, please

I've been wanting to record VCV but haven't found a reclist I enjoy enough to go through with it

Reactions: FeatheredFinch

FeatheredFinch

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Good lord yes, please

I've been wanting to record VCV but haven't found a reclist I enjoy enough to go through with it
Okay one I finish I'll upload it to mediafire! the recordings are quite long but it took me half a hour to record, you don't even have to record the English portions.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
As a fellow reclist writer, I have doubts regarding the true efficiency of a reclist that is entirely 12 mora. At the most, for Japanese, I've hit 11. This makes me wonder if you're sacrificing [- CV] samples, or perhaps not stringing things as efficiently as that could be.

FeatheredFinch

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
It
As a fellow reclist writer, I have doubts regarding the true efficiency of a reclist that is entirely 12 mora. At the most, for Japanese, I've hit 11. This makes me wonder if you're sacrificing [- CV] samples, or perhaps not stringing things as efficiently as that could be.
It worked incredibly well for me I just have to take a breath before each sound, you'll see once I'm done and I can supply a demo

Reactions: partial

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Well, I don't mean that it's too long. I'm just wondering if there are duplicates in the OTO or samples that don't need to be there, that kind of thing. For example, these strings cover kya kyu kyo completely:

きゃきゃききゃきゅきゃけきゃんきゃ
きゅきゅききゅきょきゅけきゅんきゅ
きょきょききょきゃきょけきょんきょ

While being 10 mora long. I can't see how these strings would need 2 more mora.

FeatheredFinch

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Well, I don't mean that it's too long. I'm just wondering if there are duplicates in the OTO or samples that don't need to be there, that kind of thing. For example, these strings cover kya kyu kyo completely:

きゃきゃききゃきゅきゃけきゃんきゃ
きゅきゅききゅきょきゅけきゅんきゅ
きょきょききょきゃきょけきょんきょ

While being 10 mora long. I can't see how these strings would need 2 more mora.
There for sure is duplicates of certain vowel blends which I am working on but it took so little to record which is why I love it

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If a vcv were to be recorded on continuous loop of a guidebgm, a highly time-efficient method, it's easy to calculate the time it takes to record. To make things easy, I'll assume 120bpm and that there's a measure at the start and end for a brief break between strings. So, for 12 mora, that makes a bgm 20 beats long, or 10 seconds. Multiplied by 160 strings, that's 1600 seconds, or 26 minutes and 40 seconds. A theoretical time, which in practice may work out to be approximately double (to account for setup time, water breaks, and rerecording samples for better quality). Interestingly, this is longer than the theoretical minimum time for an arpasing voicebank, which is 7 minutes and 30 seconds.

Reactions: FeatheredFinch

FeatheredFinch

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
If a vcv were to be recorded on continuous loop of a guidebgm, a highly time-efficient method, it's easy to calculate the time it takes to record. To make things easy, I'll assume 120bpm and that there's a measure at the start and end for a brief break between strings. So, for 12 mora, that makes a bgm 20 beats long, or 10 seconds. Multiplied by 160 strings, that's 1600 seconds, or 26 minutes and 40 seconds. A theoretical time, which in practice may work out to be approximately double (to account for setup time, water breaks, and rerecording samples for better quality). Interestingly, this is longer than the theoretical minimum time for an arpasing voicebank, which is 7 minutes and 30 seconds.
Your method is probaby better haha! I just wanted to know if anyone was interested, it only took me 30 minutes to record not using a bgm also with no breaks, however it was a soft bank so not much effort was made, I'm sure for a power bank it'd take longer.
[doublepost=1494274931][/doublepost]
Another thing, do you knoe how to oto English Cvvc? if you oto mine I'll draw your character / can mix for you / can do short PV's

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Haha, I'm a heavy OREMO user. I'm so happy that software like OREMO and Setparam is actively developed and supported, since it's super useful. My current wish is for mac-native oremo to have the comment box. I recently rewrote Insanity Basics to use the comment box to provide a romaji transcription of the reclist, to make it more readable.

And yep, I can OTO English banks! However, I'm not currently looking to do any trades. Under my commissions I'm offering an discount on Arpasing voicebanks, though.

FeatheredFinch

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Haha, I'm a heavy OREMO user. I'm so happy that software like OREMO and Setparam is actively developed and supported, since it's super useful. My current wish is for mac-native oremo to have the comment box. I recently rewrote Insanity Basics to use the comment box to provide a romaji transcription of the reclist, to make it more readable.

And yep, I can OTO English banks! However, I'm not currently looking to do any trades. Under my commissions I'm offering an discount on Arpasing voicebanks, though.
Oremo is godsent so is Moresampler and SetParam and I'll keep that in mind, I'm rerecording my english cause last time it was all too soft (I was scared of being loud now I'm like whatever and being louder haha) and I took a week to learn all the pronunciation to perfection, in the future I think I'll do a arapasing bank too

Reactions: Kiyoteru

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
*Ahem //shot xD This sounds great! ^=^ the last VCV I did took me at least an hour, and I fell out of pitch easily ;^^ which explains why I haven't been doing VCV stuff/recording lately(plus I want multipitch, using 5mora omg) So this method seems very interesting!! So yes, definitely!!!

P

partial

*Ahem //shot xD This sounds great! ^=^ the last VCV I did took me at least an hour, and I fell out of pitch easily ;^^ which explains why I haven't been doing VCV stuff/recording lately(plus I want multipitch, using 5mora omg) So this method seems very interesting!! So yes, definitely!!!
Everything you said here, is the same with me. lmao.