a certain note sounds weird and distorted, but only when rendered with moresampler

thea_apianæ

Momo's Minion
title. i'll try to explain as much as i can.

i'm working on a multipitch vcv voicebank, and was trying to test the D4 pitch with a ust. i usually use moresampler for everything in utau, and it's worked fine before with other voicebanks using my voice, but when i tried to render the note [- そ], it sounds..... weird? and kinda demonic? here is a sample.

the first note, the distorted one, sounds like that, while the next one -- [o そ] -- sounds perfectly fine. they're both taken from the same string, and the wav file for it sounds fine. i've tried regenerating the frequency map, editing the oto, and using different usts, all of which did nothing. when i use a different resampler and wavtool, it sounds fine.

i don't mind using something other than moresampler. i'm mostly just confused as to why it would be so different for this one note out of so many others that have worked alright before. is there anything i can do to fix this?

Reactions: vlbonnie

vlbonnie

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
If that one note is the only one giving you trouble, it might be a good idea to make a [そ] oto entry taken from somewhere else (like oto just the "そ" in [o そ]) so you can swap it out when needed. You could also rerecord the string.

Even though you said you've regenerated the frequency map, you might want to try downloading the extended frq editor and editing the desc.mrq using that if you haven't already

thea_apianæ

Momo's Minion
ok so i tried recording the string again, and this time it was the second note [o そ] that sounded weird instead of [- そ]? so i just figured i'd use both recordings and take the normal one from each.

now the transition between the notes is weird, but i'm just glad it isn't the whole note.

sample

Even though you said you've regenerated the frequency map, you might want to try downloading the extended frq editor and editing the desc.mrq using that if you haven't already
also, i have the extended frq editor, but i'm not sure how to do that? i only really know how to use it to edit the frequency files...

Reactions: vlbonnie

vlbonnie

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
ok so i tried recording the string again, and this time it was the second note [o そ] that sounded weird instead of [- そ]? so i just figured i'd use both recordings and take the normal one from each.

now the transition between the notes is weird, but i'm just glad it isn't the whole note.

sample

also, i have the extended frq editor, but i'm not sure how to do that? i only really know how to use it to edit the frequency files...
When you open the extended frq editor, go to Tool>Option and you can browse to choose the resampler you're generating/editing .frqs for. Choose Moresampler to edit the desc.mrq
1631797516610.png