A Community-Based Song Project (Including all Voice Synthesizers?)

SingingCelestial

Teto's Territory
Basically, I was having major creativity block and my mind decided to up and go "What if... Assistant Tech Vocaloids and UTAU for the Disabled Folk?"

... Well, technically it was only "SERVICE DEX!" that ran through my mind at first, but then it kinda evolved/devolved from there. Then, after the thought, I did a minor-scale research on how many voice synthesizers there are, and... lemme just say "Whoah 0_o"... there's a lot of them.

Anyway... I was curious if anyone would like to see a song project based off this scenario of Service/Assistant Tech Singing Robots? And, who would be willing to participate?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
This sounds like an interesting idea, however, I think you should really solidify what this project is about and what it will entail before trying to recruit members.

Are you thinking about a themed compilation album, like Project Sonata? Or is this supposed to be a song series with a story and characters about supporting disabled people?

One of the things that attracted me to Project Sonata was that there was already a clear idea of what was supposed to happen, so I already knew the role I was signing up for.

SingingCelestial

Teto's Territory
I was thinking that a song series would get generally boring as it entails a similar theme between each song, what goes on through the daily lives of a disabled person and their Assisting robot (with disability varying). So, maybe a themed compilation album might be better here?

I actually posted to see what people think and what suggestions they could come up with, as I tend to fail at planning half the time. Plus, erratic scheduling in real life doesn't help much any.

SingingCelestial

Teto's Territory
(Since there's no way to edit from what I can see...)

I'm retracting my previous notions as I have an idea on how to make a song series work. However, it kinda depends upon disabilites that we have songs for (which there can be more than one on an individual) and how much research and communication with those that have those disabilites we'll need to do. Also, there might be quite a few interlinking and intermingling songs as characters cross paths and interact.

As for a story, I was thinking there'd be a unique civilization (possibly a city or sprawling metropolis) where the majority are the disabled people. They go about their daily lives as their normal proceeds it to be (if that makes any sense, I fail at wording). However, some... shall we say rude... non-disabled people start trying to muscle their way in and try to force the civilians to do things to make them more comfortable. ... The civilians having none of their shenanigans pretty much try to talk some sense into these newcomers, but, the communication attempts don't work at all. More of that type of people begin to move in. To which, the original community is forced to a decision: Flee or fight for what was once theirs.

That is a very rough concept idea, though. So, I'm willing to take on suggestions to make it better or different.