ああああああああああああああ

TrikiNya

Teto's Territory
I changed the locale for UTAU, but the only character I can input is "あ", which is exactly how I feel right now! Please tell me: how do I fix this? :cry:

partial

UTAU English advocate
Retired User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If you have a question about something regarding UTAU you're far more likely to get help with it if you title your thread with a short description of the issue. To me, and surely to others, this title didn't look like a serious one. Help questions also don't go in the Support and Feedback area of the forum; that section is for actual UtaForum site based issues, like the forum loading improperly. If you have a question in the future, you should post it in UtaHelp.

Anyway. You've told us nothing about your operating system. I'm going to assume it's Windows 10.
Are you absolutely certain you changed your locale properly? You should be able to write more than あ if so.
If you type 'locale' into the start menu, you'll get this screen.
upload_2019-2-23_13-17-24.png
Off to the right-hand side, go to 'Additional date, time, & regional settings'.

Hit 'Region'. Go to the administrative tab.
upload_2019-2-23_13-21-49.png

Hit 'change system locale'. Make it Japanese (Japan). Restart computer.

TrikiNya

Teto's Territory
I did that. It kinda flip-flops between other Japanese characters and question marks. Also, to be honest, that was a kind of noobish move I did back there.

partial

UTAU English advocate
Retired User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If you changed your locale after you downloaded UTAU, you need to delete it and download it again, as well as any hiragana-encoded UTAU voicebanks (hiragana names of wav files, like かかきかくけか.wav) you downloaded, too.

Reactions: AnkuruPeter

partial

UTAU English advocate
Retired User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Do hiragana filenames display okay on your PC? Is it just that you can't type?

TrikiNya

Teto's Territory
I just can't type them in UTAU. The filenames are fine
[doublepost=1551055920,1551054085][/doublepost]See, now it accepts other characters again! あなたの決心をしなさい、UTAU!:annoyed:

partial

UTAU English advocate
Retired User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Can you type Japanese characters anywhere else, like in Notepad for example?

TrikiNya

Teto's Territory
Can you type Japanese characters anywhere else, like in Notepad for example?
spammed this is a test thi thi.PNG

[doublepost=1551056618][/doublepost]I thought I only posted the image once! :holy:

partial

UTAU English advocate
Retired User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Yeah, that does answer my question.
Can you screencap UTAU for me, with a couple random notes in it? And then screencap the settings for me too. I can hop in my PC and double check the menus if you aren't sure how to find that.

Reactions: AnkuruPeter