about certain voicebanks with ↑↓

IWantKaykz

Momo's Minion
In certain voicebanks there is a special file in their voicebanks. I am talking about the arrows, while the voice banks with the arrows have differeces that can change a music... I dont know how to switch between these both files, and dont even know how to use not even one of them. I type normaly a あ but no sound is coming out because the program is like saying [Ok, there is no あ but there is あ↑ and あ↓]. Can someone explain how to solve this issue? And choose between the files. (Some examples are Namine Ritsu normal VCV pack and Gahata Meiji Fantasy pack.)

Pikachuk(SeleDreamsP)

Teto is love, Teto is life (Rin too)
Defender of Defoko
normally there is always a normal one without any arrow, that's weird

but when it comes to the arrows they represent the pitches, normally from what i know they must be used when you're planning to go to a higher range than the normal one in order to avoid the voice to sound high pitched and still sound natural, it's a kind of extension of the native range of the UTAU
the down arrow is the same but for the lower ranges
to use them you must write the lyric with the arrow i think, i never used them in my case but since utau works with the system of filename/alias it should work like this theorically

Reactions: IWantKaykz

IWantKaykz

Momo's Minion
It worked out, thanks a lot! I am so glad that you helped me here [ piachuk ], all this time it needed an arrow to work in UTAU, but there is one more question. Why do we have Utabucks, is it just a mere decoration or we can spend them on something? I am kinda curious about it because I didnt found any info about it, I only found an place named [ Starbucks ] and from where I know, that inst a type of money because we dont spend stabilishments.

Pikachuk(SeleDreamsP)

Teto is love, Teto is life (Rin too)
Defender of Defoko
they're used to be able to change of username etc, probably to avoid people who spam username changes etc, i think that with enough utabucks we can buy a shiny username too but i'm not sure

Reactions: IWantKaykz