Acessing VOCALOID STORE purchases

AmeKinoko

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
(been forever since I used UF but worth a try...)
So back in 2014 I bought the VOCALOID4 Editor off of the Vocaloid Store. I'm changing PCs, and was ready to reinstall it on my new one. However, the Store is now defunct, and the download link I got back then doesn't work.

Per instruction on the page-closed notification, I sent an inquiry through the new Vocaloid Shop, but they don't technically support V4 editor questions anymore and I'm worried they won't respond, especially considering it's been a while and they haven't send a confirmation email yet.

Has anyone else dealt with this? What should I do? I don't really want or have the money to upgrade to V5...

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Do you still have the installer and the files associated with it on your old computer? If so, deactivate and uninstall V4 from the old machine, copy the installer, your keys, and other necessary files over (use a flash drive, SD/microSD with adapter, external HDD, etc), and you should be able to install on the new machine without issue.

backup.PNG

I have physical copies of UNI, SeeU, and V4, but my current machine doesn't have an optical (CD/DVD) drive. I copied the files from the CDs to my external, that way I'll always have access (since V4 is discontinued).

Last edited:
Reactions: WinterdrivE

AmeKinoko

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Regrettably, I don't have the installer. I must have deleted it post-installation. Would it be impossible to just copy-paste the entire VOCALOID4 folder from inside of Program Files (x86), or do I really need to have the installer?

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I don't have my 2 machines (old and current) on-hand to test whether that's possible or not without issues coming up (currently at work). I could try to see if this is possible when I'm at home (around 8pm EST).

EDIT (@ 10:19PM): I have tested your theory of just copy-pasting the files from one Program Files to another and...

vocaloid will not work without officially installing.PNG

This is without actually installing a voicebank and just copying the voicelib files.

I'll be using Otomachi Una as a guinea pig...

(@ 10:33PM) I have properly installed the vocaloid - as you can see in the control panel below, but the result is the same as above. You need to officially install the editor and voice libraries via their installers before they will activate and work.

officially installed.PNG

As per vocaloid's site:
For Editor products, only the latest version is covered by VOCALOID Products Customer Support.
* If you choose to use an older version, we cannot provide support for the product.

Since you appear to have Kaito, I would shoot my questions about getting a copy of V4 or Piapro Studio to Crypton (have your message be in English and Japanese, even if you have to google translate). Provide proof of purchase (bank statement and/or email confirming the purchase) and explain that you're trying to transfer your license to another machine and don't have the necessary installer.

Last edited: