Adding an icon to a utau/adding japanese name.

MSURA ♪

Momo's Minion
I tried everything other forums explained but it still wont show up.
help?
I have a new problem unfortunately that involves making a utau.
Everytime i attempt put her name in Japanese or her README file in Japanese, it comes out as gibberish.
Can someone help me?
every other utau I have that isn't mine is in Japanese and their README is japanese.

but mine turns into gibberish.

Last edited:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The image needs to be 100x100 pixels large, saved as a bitmap (BMP file). Put this in the main voicebank folder.
Create a plain text file named "character.txt" in the main voicebank folder. The contents should look like this.
INI:
name=Name of your UTAU
author=Your name
version=Version number
sample=example_audio_file.wav
web=https://www.your-utau-website.com
image=your_image_file.bmp

Reactions: Kazumimi

MSURA ♪

Momo's Minion
The image needs to be 100x100 pixels large, saved as a bitmap (BMP file). Put this in the main voicebank folder.
Create a plain text file named "character.txt" in the main voicebank folder. The contents should look like this.
INI:
name=Name of your UTAU
author=Your name
version=Version number
sample=example_audio_file.wav
web=https://www.your-utau-website.com
image=your_image_file.bmp
everything's in order , even the bmp icon. Exactly 100x100 but it still won't load.

Attachments

• 2021-07-13 (4).png
    2021-07-13 (4).png
    68.6 KB · Views: 17

FelineWasteland

Feral Catboy
Defender of Defoko
Is the .bmp inside of the root folder of the voicebank?

Also, not sure if you have file extensions turned off or not, but based on the name of the file in the screenshot, make sure that "character" is a .txt file, not a plain file with no extension.

MSURA ♪

Momo's Minion
Is the .bmp inside of the root folder of the voicebank?

Also, not sure if you have file extensions turned off or not, but based on the name of the file in the screenshot, make sure that "character" is a .txt file, not a plain file with no extension.
it is a txt file actually.
The name is there and everything but the .bmp is the only thing that isn't there and yes I believe it's in there in the root folder.

nneko

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Could the gibberish be caused by encoding? I noticed that the .txt files in Japanese use "ANSI".

Namumi

Teto's Territory
For the icon picture if it still not appear in the software,I'd like you to try setting like this before you add it in your voicebank file.
icon setting.jpg
Character.txt info must look like below
chara info.jpg
Make sure that all the file names is matched(same) in character.txt info, if you miss this it wouldn't appear.

For the gibberish problem there're 2 cases as I guess
1.Didn't set encoding as ANSI. Japanese alphabets accepted only this encoding type
2.Didn't change system locale to Japan. Go to Control Panel>>>Region>>>Administrative>>>change system locale to Japan wait your PC restart then test it again.

good luck :D