Advice on working Instrument UTAU on Windows?

RaccoonButler

Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu
Defender of Defoko
So I have an Instrument UTAU (an electric guitar one), but he was made on UTAU Synth and only works properly on UTAU Synth. However, recently I've had to transfer to Windows. I don't like the idea of not being able to use him anymore so I'm trying to figure out how to work him on Windows.

Sample of him working properly on the mac:

This is how he is configured/has been being used on the mac.

I tried using him with the same configurations on Windows (though instead of overlapping notes, I changed the overlap in his oto since Windows can't do that), And it gave a very different result.

Sample of him on Windows:
https://clyp.it/4uizjdhq

I have also tried using the "$direct=true" flag and he sounds much cleaner, but of course only plays one tone and isn't affected by tuning. I know that I could make a VB to be used with $direct=true that has a pitch for every note, but then he wouldn't be able to be tuned still and that would take the main incentive of me using him over some other midi guitar away.

I was wondering, how others get their instrument UTAU to work on Windows and is there any way I could get him to work normally on Windows, or will I only be able to use him on the Mac?

Thank you

RaccoonButler

Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu
Defender of Defoko
Okay, so I decided to experiment with his 1984 a bit and here is the result:

You can access all the files I used here, but it's basically fresamp14, mod200, no portamento (EDIT: Having really sharp transitions works well, actually, I set length to 20ms, and start to -50ms), 50/50 preutterance/overlap in the oto, and for some reason it really doesn't like the C5 note, so I've omitted it from the prefix map :annoyed:.

So, yeah, this is what I've achieved so far, I'll let you know if I make any further progress, but hopefully this is a step in the right direction to get him working properly :wink:

Aaa, that is a really big help !! Thank you so much