Age, Nationality, location affect the UTAU's voice type?

Shine

Teto's Territory
So, I've been wondering about this topic a lot. (and sorry If I can't explain myself about this OTL)

Each human being has his own voice, his own way to sing, to talk. Then, each UTAU created is different, cause there aren't two voices with the same tone, with the same timbre.
Buuuuuuuuuuut, we, who browse through the YouTube, can notice that one's voice seems strangely identic to other one.
Why does this happens? Aside the recording quality, otoing and emotion, pitchbending, all those things, are there any other external factors that influence a UTAU's voice?

Now, there comes my point:
I think that age, nationality/location affect the way voice behaves. I don't know why yet, I ain't no biologist. XD But,probably due to evolutive issues, people from specific areas of the globe have different voice types. I'm not talking about accents and all those things, even If they are part of this subject too.

Like, people from Africa have stronger voices, specially the males, deep and stroooong voices. In asia, peopke tend to talk in a little higher pitch, specially the females.

Age does influences too, obviously.

After all, some underground UTAU's are made by preteen american girls, and we can notice that their voice type is very similar, cause it's a voice changing phase, and the voice only gets his own specific characteristics after the teenager phase.
Even the boys, in this age, get their voice deeper, and it happens the same process, so, some male UTAU's sound similar too.
It's a natural things, it's not actually bad, but to make a good UTAU that doesn't sound too average, people who are passing through this teenager phase (like me, and probably half of the fandom) must have one of two things: Or having a strangely unique voice, or having an normal, teen voice, but putting emotion and a little voice-acting on their recordings to avoid them sounding bored.
There are also situations where a very average human voice creates a strangely unique UTAU voicebank.

So, people, what do you think? I ought this should be a very interesting theme to discuss :D
So, talk me about your opinions. :D

Hika421

Teto's Territory
Interesting... I'm just gonna sit and watch this topic... ' v'
By blood I am African (Nigeria), but I was born in England and moved back and forth between there and the USA. But I guess I can be categorized under ~American Teenage Voice~ too, so I wonder if these things stick me out or not you know? I can't tell cause I'm used to hearing myself, I think.

UTAU-wise, the only like, different thing I hear from Hikaru is her accent, and perhaps that's cause mine's kinda mixed.

Angel

Momo's Minion
I live in England, but I watch a lot of anime and japan culture so I guess I developed a more higher voice than usual.

I guess it does matter, but depending on lifestyle your voice evolves.

Olivia

Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
I'm from the USA, and this was recorded when I was 12.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7guapIq6RWA&feature=plcp
Yet I've been told she sounds quite mature and older than my age.
But then again I made this utau as well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxr75gOVb8k
And she sounds reallyyyy young.
And I also voice act as young British boys in fandubs, so.xD

Anyways, I was trying to say that everybody has different voices and I think that is what makes the UTAU fandom so unique. You hardly ever hear the same kind of utau twice.

ChaudChocolat

Momo's Minion
Location is important, some english speking countries tend to have loud accents. As a french ( my voicer is french too ) we tend to have accent on our "U" add that to every kind of language on earth :I
Age is also kinda important, young boys have sometime girly voices :U. There is so many factors it's really interesting =w=

theLooneyLibrarian

Teto's Territory
I think, even more than location, language affects the overall sound of one's voice. I noticed that while singing: Even when the song (and with it pitch, mood and timing) stayed the same, the voice sounds completely different, depending on which language is used. This is even more prominent while speaking. Strange.

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I think language and location is very important. Some one of British blood, who was raised in Japan with a Japanese family will probably blend in with the Japanese when it comes to voice. Yes, we notice consistancies in things like pronunciation and how nasal-ey or chest-ey they sound to us, but I think that really has to do with enviroment and mimicry than actual genetics. For example, I was born and raised in Singapore, and lived there for half my life. It's a very Asian place(though it was British only 47 years ago, and is a Commonwealth country, so has a lot of British influence.) But I've been living in the U.S., and it changed the way I speak A LOT, but I still stand out as I speak a lot faster and annunciate more in some areas(such as certain consonants that other peeps seem to slur by) than other people in Oklahoma I usually encounter.

Also, gender is usually quite important, too :P Even those who sound like the other gender still sound very much like their own gender... it's kinda hard to explain. Maybe it has to do with frequency? I dunno... D;

Aline

Teto's Territory
it might influence, indeed. i've been wondering the other day why most brazilian utaus are painstakingly soft (except by two or so really strong utaus, who were actually all recorded by teenagers).

i mean, not all brazilians are soft-voiced, there are plenty of really strong-voiced singers and voice actors from here. though...

it might also have something to do with personality; those who speak and sing softly are usually more introverted irl (and oftentimes geekier) than those who don't (i guess it's a worldwide phenomenon).

and since utau is still an extremely niche fandom here in brazil, it might explain why most br-voiced utaus are huge balls of mild; their voicers are mostly quiet/shy/introverted geeks.

idk if it's like that in america or other countries as well, since culture might influence on the outcome.[/s]