Amazon.jp advice?

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Well, this is really Vocaloid, but Im too lazy to get a VO account and Vocaloid is close enough of a related software to post a question here. =w=

I'm looking to purchase VY2 off of amazon.jp. I've heard in the past people have had trouble with that. Is it possible to purchase them there and have them shipped to the US? And if so, what's the shipping? I've seen all the "Translate this page to English" things on amazon.jp so I now I can look into it further, but it still worries me with all the rumors I've heard circling around (Though they're pretty old rumors...).

I feel kinda silly for asking all this, but again, I'm just worried and I don't want to mess it up.

Asteriski

Teto's Territory
Well, for some reason, they aren't allowed to ship software outside of japan, so you have to get an account with a shopping service. They charge a bit more, but it's not like there's another way. I use Tenso. It's really easy. What they do is give you a fake address that tells Amazon to ship to their warehouse, and then they send you the item from there.

Other info: You can't use an ordinary Amazon account because they require your name in characters.

PandaLolii

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Mm, I've seen lots of users recommend buying off of Rakuten but I think they use Tenso as well?

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Rakuten and Noppin are the ones I hear most of. You need PayPal for it, but guess that's not a huge issue.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Thanks for all the replies! I didn't know they wouldn't ship software - they list Vocaloids as DVDs (sorta) and under international shipping list DVDs, harumph.

So, I've looked around Tenso and it sounds perfect (Plus, I weighed Tonio - I'm assuming VY2 will weigh the same - and using Tenso should just cost me the predicted $20 I assumed I'd pay in shipping), but they don't list Amazon.jp as a site they "recommend" - do they still ship stuff from there? Because I lke Amazon's price the best.

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I'm not sure. Best thing to do is to contact them about it, I think.

Asteriski

Teto's Territory
shinami link said:
they don't list Amazon.jp as a site they \"recommend\" - do they still ship stuff from there? Because I lke Amazon's price the best.
They do. I've used them in combination. They'll do anything that's not illegal.