An introduction is just answering questions nobody asked.

Static

Momo's Minion
I'll skip over most of the boring details, but hello.

I've been a fan of Vocaloid and UTAUloid projects for almost a decade at this point, so I decided I should finally get around to joining this site and seeing if it nudges me to create my own.

If anyone would be kind enough to link me to some very beginner friendly resources (glossary for common terms, threads posted here on the basics, youtube tutorials, personal words of wisdom or anecdotes, etc) it'd be much appreciated. Even trying to skim over some of the threads here is rather overwhelming.

I'm interested in making my own with my vocals, but at the moment I'd prefer to opt for English until I'm closer to fluent in my current target language (as I'm still a beginner, I can say that will be quite a while from now). I do like the 'metallic' sound of Voca/UTAUloid singing, but I'd be open to working on making one sound more fluid too.

I think I have some threads from here bookmarked about designing UTAUs, so I'm not looking for resources in that area (would prefer to have its sound down first, then the character development and 'easier' aspects can fall into place later).

Thanks for reading, hello again, and thanks in advance for any links you provide for me to check out.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Copying and pasting for accessibility purposes.

I'll skip over most of the boring details, but hello.

I've been a fan of Vocaloid and UTAUloid projects for almost a decade at this point, so I decided I should finally get around to joining this site and seeing if it nudges me to create my own.

If anyone would be kind enough to link me to some very beginner friendly resources (glossary for common terms, threads posted here on the basics, youtube tutorials, personal words of wisdom or anecdotes, etc) it'd be much appreciated. Even trying to skim over some of the threads here is rather overwhelming.

I'm interested in making my own with my vocals, but at the moment I'd prefer to opt for English until I'm closer to fluent in my current target language (as I'm still a beginner, I can say that will be quite a while from now). I do like the 'metallic' sound of Voca/UTAUloid singing, but I'd be open to working on making one sound more fluid too.

I think I have some threads from here bookmarked about designing UTAUs, so I'm not looking for resources in that area (would prefer to have its sound down first, then the character development and 'easier' aspects can fall into place later).

Thanks for reading, hello again, and thanks in advance for any links you provide for me to check out.