Any Lolitas here?

Fawkesy

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
It's been quite a while, but my bodyline order finally arrived! I don't know if I told you what all I got but it was blouse l301 in off white, bloomers pan028 in off white, and shoes193 in brown.
The blouse fits great but it's kind of stiff, but I don't really mind it. It came with a detachable bow, which I might convert into a hair bow.
I think the bloomers are super cute, again they are stiff too, but again I don't mind it, they are still comfy, they also came with a bow which shall become a hair bow as well...
The shoes are a bit too big, but I'd rather them be bigger than smaller. I wouldn't enjoy trying to stuff my foot into a tiny shoe. xD But I did walk around a bit in the house with them on and I don't think the size will bother me while walking, but I can also stuff a sock in the front of the shoe if I have to. But other than being too big I found no defects or problems with anything that I got, and I'm super happy that it finally arrived!

I put my bodyline bag on my wall, it's cute. It shall be the start of my lolita wall. xD

I also got a new laptop since my old one just stopped turning on. I got the HP Stream 11", it's small which I'm not use to but I'm mainly going to be using it for the internet because I don't want to lug around my heavy desktop everywhere. But the main reason I got this laptop was because it's pink, and it made me happy.

Anyways, does anyone else have lolita news updates or anything?

WendytheCreeper

(>☉ ͡ヮ☉<)
Defender of Defoko
When it comes to lolita updates...not too much because I don't have funds right now to get anything. With the holidays coming, I'm hoping to get some Christmas cash ^-^

My Taobao stuff that Venia got me came in the mail, so now I can properly dress in Lolita fashion now! I actually wore it out for the first time for a mock audition a few weeks ago. I want to wear lolita at school, and it fits in our dress code, but I'm worried about the poof making me take up a lot of space XD Someday...

After giving my shoes a run, I've noticed it has one design flaw: the heel and the lowest point of the shoes aren't quite at the same place, so they wobble a little. Other than that, they're a ok!

Also, there's this dress in F+F that I'm crushing on: http://www.fanplusfriend.com/pastel...age-dress-choker-set-2color-instant-shipping/ It's super pretty...but alas, no reviews? For some reason, I feel like it'd be perfect for prom...but not yet. Still have another year lol. I also found this Taobao shop called Red Maria that I might consider buying accessories from if I ever get the money: http://redmaria.tw.taobao.com/categ...D&search=y&pageNo=1&_lang=zh_CN:TB-GBK#anchor

HiddenVenia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Oh man. I've ordered kinda a lot since I last posted.
l144 in pik (second hand/was edited by previous owner and myself )
shoes251 in dpik
socks355 in pik
socks519 in owh
socks484
socks490
socks521 in owh
shoes273 in nav
Coat l550 in pik (still waiting for this to arrive)
L482 in pul (second hand)
Infanta Cathedral Chiffon JSK in navy (second hand)
Infanta "all match" chiffon blouse in navy
Antina tea party shoes in gold (second hand)
Chocomint gold star pin/accessory (second hand)
(old) Anna House Carousel JSK in brown (second hand)
Baby The Stars Shine Bright small heart purse (second hand)
acc700
ring089
ring071 in pik
acc735
acc1078 in owh-owh
Various Taobao accessories (I'm still waiting for some to come in the mail)
I might be missing a thing, or two
When everything comes in the mail I'm going to do a wardrobe post and show everything I own. I also plan to do a review on shoes273 soon since I couldn't find one when I was looking for one.

When it comes to lolita updates...not too much because I don't have funds right now to get anything. With the holidays coming, I'm hoping to get some Christmas cash ^-^

My Taobao stuff that Venia got me came in the mail, so now I can properly dress in Lolita fashion now! I actually wore it out for the first time for a mock audition a few weeks ago. I want to wear lolita at school, and it fits in our dress code, but I'm worried about the poof making me take up a lot of space XD Someday...

After giving my shoes a run, I've noticed it has one design flaw: the heel and the lowest point of the shoes aren't quite at the same place, so they wobble a little. Other than that, they're a ok!

Also, there's this dress in F+F that I'm crushing on: http://www.fanplusfriend.com/pastel...age-dress-choker-set-2color-instant-shipping/ It's super pretty...but alas, no reviews? For some reason, I feel like it'd be perfect for prom...but not yet. Still have another year lol. I also found this Taobao shop called Red Maria that I might consider buying accessories from if I ever get the money: http://redmaria.tw.taobao.com/categ...D&search=y&pageNo=1&_lang=zh_CN:TB-GBK#anchor

Did the lolita help your audition? =P
In seriousness though it's sad that the shoes are wobbly after all the time it took for them to arrive. Also, that dress is cute! It's a shame it's a tad expensive though. As for that taobao shop, they have some cute accessories and they're nicely priced too! I might order there myself in the future.

Last edited:

WendytheCreeper

(>☉ ͡ヮ☉<)
Defender of Defoko
In a way, it did help me with the audition...by making me not notice how badly I did : P I'm a firm believer in how well you dress affects how you feel, hence why I don't "cheat" with my dress code and wear school spirit sweats and stuff(other than I don't own such things). While I had the nerves going on still, idk. I felt pretty, and everyone complimented on my clothes : ) The people at my school are pretty nice, so I'm never really afraid of what people think of my clothes. (The space required, on the other hand...)

Oh man. I've ordered kinda a lot since I last posted.
l144 in pik (second hand/was edited by previous owner and myself )
shoes251 in dpik
socks355 in pik
socks519 in owh
socks484
socks490
socks521 in owh
shoes273 in nav
Coat l550 in pik (still waiting for this to arrive)
L482 in pul (second hand)
Infanta Cathedral Chiffon JSK in navy (second hand)
Infanta "all match" chiffon blouse in navy
Antina tea party shoes in gold (second hand)
Chocomint gold star pin/accessory (second hand)
(old) Anna House Carousel JSK in brown (second hand)
Baby The Stars Shine Bright small heart purse (second hand)
acc700
ring089
ring071 in pik
acc735
acc1078 in owh-owh
Various Taobao accessories (I'm still waiting for some to come in the mail)
I might be missing a thing, or two
When everything comes in the mail I'm going to do a wardrobe post and show everything I own. I also plan to do a review on shoes273 soon since I couldn't find one when I was looking for one.

Wuh, that's a lot o_o Makes me dream of the day when I'm employed and can make money and stuff, but I don't even my permit yet...Whatever. I can't wait for the haul post~

HiddenVenia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Wuh, that's a lot o_o Makes me dream of the day when I'm employed and can make money and stuff, but I don't even my permit yet...Whatever. I can't wait for the haul post~
I kind of spiraled a little out of control there if you can't tell.
I'm being more careful about buying things though I admit if I had $82 to spare I would totally buy this: http://www.fairy-angel.net/product/8982 (I might next paycheck if it's still there)

WendytheCreeper

(>☉ ͡ヮ☉<)
Defender of Defoko
I kind of spiraled a little out of control there if you can't tell.
I'm being more careful about buying things though I admit if I had $82 to spare I would totally buy this: http://www.fairy-angel.net/product/8982 (I might next paycheck if it's still there)
T̶̼̺̹̱͉̭̠h̡̤͙̩̥̱̼e̟̤͖r̴̮̣̱̀e̴̶̻̲͈̪̟̮͓͘ ̸̢͔̫̗̤͎͇̜͖͘i͙̻͔̻̙̠ś̛͚̣̩̤̯̟̝ͅ ̯͉̬̰͝n̴͇̠̮̻̦̖̬͟͞ó̖͎̗͔̫̕͠ ̶̸̲̦̮͕̜͖ͅe̩͔̯̜̤s̢͎̮̝c̷̢͉̞͎͡a͈p̘̱̻̤͠ͅe̡̼,̫͙͘͜͠ ̨̝̼̯̟̀V̢͏̹͎͔̖̠e̗͎͝͠n̢̮̱͚͈ì͇̠̭̬̠̰͓ͅa̯̳̤̹.̹̩͙̞̯̜̭́ͅ ̕͏͔̠͇
̩̳̣̻̝̀̕Ļ̭̩̝̞̝̬͈͟ͅe̸̢͈͕̭̻͉̗͇͜ṭ̴̭̟́ ͚̯t̸̹́h͚̫́e͈͖̞̩͢ ͕̖͙̹̼̰̣̱̀ļ͓̱͖̩̕͞o̸̤͓̺̬l̶̹͉̤͇͙̘̬͎̖͠į̥͜ț̸͓a̷̖͇͈̻̘͕ ̶̰͕̯̣́c̣̠͍̣̹̫͈̝̕͝o̞͢͝n̷̸̖̪͉̫ś̲̣̟̺̠̲͙u̶̸̺̜̖̱͍̝m̶̦̪̼̘͘͞e̷̡̥̥͓͖̫̤̖̲͠ ̵̘̖̞͎y̧̢̠̠͚̲̯̦o҉̙̘̬̹̟̰u̸͙̣̣͡ͅ.̜̳̦͓̮̫̣͟͞ͅ
̦̩̘͇͠C̶̙̫̖̳̱̪͉͢͝ͅỌ̞͈̟̻̠̀͝Ṉ̰̻̰̤͓͍̻̩͜S͝͏̲͉̫̯̠̗͚Ù̵̫̭̘̯̰̗̥̠ͅM҉̘͖E̳͘.̧̪̖͕̺ ̶̫̻̮̥͔ͅS̶̵̖̩͞P̷̛̙̟̟Ḙ̢̰͉N̩̜͇͎̦̩D̙̦̲̳͕̟͢.̢̭͉̩̥̦͔̮̬͙ ̸̷̘̝͡D̨̲̰̫É͎͍̕͜S̛҉͔̣T͏̙͈̝̝͘R̬̙͖̗O̸̸͈͔͈̯̩̖̥̟Y̻̘̪̥͖̗̦̞!̨̨̛̩̣̤̮͔̘̤̩!̶̥͍̫̳̣̀

...uh yeah. I just wanted to do the glitchy text thing. I've always wondered how you were keeping up with money, but I never asked because that would be awkward and weird. There's always that rush of buying new things...it's why I'm personally bad at saving money lol.

That jsk is so cute! It looks...yummy? It reminds me of the taste of strawberry milkshakes, if that makes any sense.

Fawkesy

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I wish I had some spare money to spend, but I have to pay rent, bills, and of course I need food too lol. But I'm trying to save at least $100 per paycheck so I can go on a shopping spree eventually. I've found that I really love Innocent World, and my future wardrobe will mainly be that. xD

HiddenVenia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I've always wondered how you were keeping up with money, but I never asked because that would be awkward and weird. There's always that rush of buying new things...it's why I'm personally bad at saving money lol.
I have "fun money" and "bill money" separate. I had a decent pile of "fun money," but the keyword is had. I'll have to do some saving before I can buy anything expensive.

Suba

Momo's Minion
Hello! I've just seen this thread... I'm still pretty new as far as actively being a Lolita goes, but not entirely new to the fashion in general. I used to have a dress... but it's died a long while back. I'm looking forward to getting a new one that I'm in love with from F+F soon.

But yes! Still a newbie, and still pretty shy about it. I look forward to getting to know you guys.

WendytheCreeper

(>☉ ͡ヮ☉<)
Defender of Defoko
Hello! I've just seen this thread... I'm still pretty new as far as actively being a Lolita goes, but not entirely new to the fashion in general. I used to have a dress... but it's died a long while back. I'm looking forward to getting a new one that I'm in love with from F+F soon.

But yes! Still a newbie, and still pretty shy about it. I look forward to getting to know you guys.
Hello! I think in a way, most of us in this thread are relatively newbies...unless if I'm mistaken. At least, I'm a newbie haha.

So nice to meet you! I'm Wendy. What are your style preferences/aesthetics in lolita? Do you have any favorite brands? And what's the F+F dress you're looking at, because I'm curious : )

Suba

Momo's Minion
I admit I'm still new enough that I don't know many brands, except for the really popular ones like BSSB and like.. Alice and the Pirates and stuff. But to be honest 9 times out of ten I'm just kind of all over haha. I am a little taller/chunky-ish so I've been leaning towards a lot of dresses with square necklines (and otherwise custom sizing options), though there was an underbust skirt I was really excited for on a re-sale group on Facebook. Unfortunately it was just a few cm shy of my size. I'm almost positive it was Surface Spell's Cathedral underbust.

As for F+F, I'm really in love with this one: http://www.fanplusfriend.com/new-ro...th-sleeves-dress-op-2colors-instant-shipping/

It's pretty simple, I figure I can wear it with anything just about and it'd be a good dress for my first real dress to ease into things, especially dealing with the public and such. (I admit, the dress I mentioned in my first post I don't totally count as my first real dress. I found out it was a cosplay that was just being listed as Lolita because herpaderp petticoat use? Or..something I don't even know. So I just wore it to a convention.)

I noticed style-wise I really like a lot of stuff like what I linked just there. In fact, I'm really in love with a lot of their New Romantic-labelled stuff as well as their Chiffon Lovers. ;o;

soon my pretties. soon.

Afterthought: I think I love like everything from Surface Spell, but it's taobao iirc? I have no idea how to do the whole..group ordering thing.

WendytheCreeper

(>☉ ͡ヮ☉<)
Defender of Defoko
Ooooh! What a pretty dress! It's simple, yet not boring; easy to dress up and dress down, though probably too dressy for "casual" haha.

With Taobao, you don't really need to do a group order...it's just easier if you want to save on shipping and don't really know how to use a shopping service yet : ) There are also various Taobao lolita resellers such as Qutieland, My Lolita Dress, and Clobbaonline, though from our experience Qutieland took forever lol. Surface Spell is a well known shop, though it looks like Qutieland and Clobbaonline only have their Surface Spell Gothic brand, and it's not easy to survey My Lolita Dress brand wise.

Oh wait! I just found out that the Cathedral underbust is a Surface Spell Gothic item! And it looks like both Qutieland and Clobbaonline sell it too. The only thing I must warn you is that Qutieland took forever shipping me my items(40 working days ;_; ), and I don't know about the other one. However, these two places are a little easier to figure out, plus they're made to fit so you can get one in your size too : ) The prices tend to be jacked up a little, however. Same goes for My Lolita Dress, I think.

Wow, kinda made a wall of text there. Whoops ^-^;

Suba

Momo's Minion
I actually just discovered MLD today! I like it and will probably poke it in the future. I have Clobba favorited somewhere but I haven't browsed in a while, so I'm happy to hear they have Surface Spell stuff. Quiteland and Bodyline I've still been a little 50/50 on only because sometimes I hear fantastic reviews, only to turn around and here terrible ones.

I know I'm pretty set on getting that one from F+F plus one of their petticoats, since I don't have one. I already have nice black shoes too that I've had for a while and never really worn.

My current hunt right now though is finding cute socks with the patterns and stuff on them, but ones that are a little more on the "plus size friendly" side of things. I've been trying to keep an eye on LaceMarket too

HiddenVenia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Honestly, I would just use a service for buying off taobao. While I have nothing bad to say about my lolita dress, those type of site just make things difficult. I use spreenow.com and they've done me well for the most part. I have a taobao dictionary linked to help me find things so I don't have much trouble there either. But if anyone here wants to try a group order with me in the future just let me know because I plan to eventually do another order.

WendytheCreeper

(>☉ ͡ヮ☉<)
Defender of Defoko
Bodyline is not a bad place, actually, especially since they're more affordable(though definitely not brand quality, but good enough to start with). My rule of thumb judging from I've seen is that their newer products tend to be better than their older ones. Plus, they offer stuff in multiple sizes : ) When checking out a Bodyline item, find a review online with pictures because some items can be iffy and their stock photos aren't all that great since they tend to be all washed out looking and stuff, so it's hard to see detail : ( I don't know about sock sizing, but Bodyline has a variety of socks to choose from so that's a place to look.

Qutieland can be a mixed bag, from what I heard and sort of personal experience. While they are definitely not a terrible service, the making time takes such a long time compared to other resellers...to elaborate, Venia placed an order for items for me in late July and they didn't get here until...November? I think it was early November or late October. She also found it quite odd that the items didn't ship until she nagged them about it : / Idk if they're busy or whatever *shrug* There are always the customer service horror stories. They shipped here safely, though. I have no idea about Clobba though.

As Venia mentioned about using a shopping service: the thing about the resellers like MLD and stuff is that the prices are higher than if you were to do a Yuan to USD conversion with the price stated on the product page. You won't be paying as much if you use a SS, especially if you do a group order to save on shipping.

Suba

Momo's Minion
Thank you so much for your guys' advice. I've been really lost and F+F is the only site I've ever really known (though I'm not complaining. I love most of their stuff and it's within my price range + custom sizing for little extra).

I'll keep group orders with you in mind, Venia. I remember browsing Taobao a while back and really liked some stuff I found, but it's been a pain understanding how I'm supposed to order (on top of most people I've asked about it being a bit rude and just sending me off to google).

I'm so eager for my next paycheck to come now. ;-; I want that dress so much.

WendytheCreeper

(>☉ ͡ヮ☉<)
Defender of Defoko
Good luck on getting your dress! Must be so much anticipation!

So...I made an artwork with a girl in lolita, and I'm wondering what you guys think:
pretty_in_green_by_wendy_the_creeper-d885cgr.png
It's incredibly simple for coordinate, but she just came out that way ^-^ I kinda like her : )

HiddenVenia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Thank you so much for your guys' advice. I've been really lost and F+F is the only site I've ever really known (though I'm not complaining. I love most of their stuff and it's within my price range + custom sizing for little extra).

I'll keep group orders with you in mind, Venia. I remember browsing Taobao a while back and really liked some stuff I found, but it's been a pain understanding how I'm supposed to order (on top of most people I've asked about it being a bit rude and just sending me off to google).

I'm so eager for my next paycheck to come now. ;-; I want that dress so much.
Spreenow is super easy to use and the people who run it can speak English well. You can either search with their site, or copy and paste URLs of shop and/or items you want in their search bar and after that just add the item to your cart. The cart has to be approved before you can actually buy anything, but it only takes a day.