Any suitable new surname for my UTAU?

What is the suitable new surname for my UTAU?

• Geneviève

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sympheriane

• Comment =)

• Total voters

Lorreine Geralde

lorreinegeralde@IRIS-SELECIA
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
First of all, when I post this topic, I will miss my UTAU's surname xDDD

Now, I will proceed this on this real matter. I have seen several UTAUs with their surnames end with '-ne'. While it sounds nice, I can feel a bit unoriginal about my UTAU's surname. I have planned to change her surname 'Shirokurone' with a Japanese word which means 'melancholic monochrome' but it may be unsuitable. Can anyone give any good idea of new suitable surnames (as long as it does not end with '-ne' orz)? :/

Rai

Teto's Territory
If you are having trouble thinking of a surname, keep in mind it doesn't even have to be Japanese to be 'suitable'. If you only look at Japanese surnames you just shut out a huge number of potential names and increase the 'unoriginality'.

Also, depending on which characters are used, I think Shirokurone might just be White-Black sound. I think a good practice if you're dead set on a Japanese name might be to not just randomly string two characters/words together and add '-ne'. I might be mistaken though so...@_@

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I think they wanted to change from Shirokurone to "Melancholic Monochrome" in Japanese.

Either way, Rai's right. Just because your voicebank sings only in Japanese doesn't mean you have to have a Japanese name. By all means you can but you shouldn't feel limited to it. I mean look at my UTAU her name is in English. -nod-

My suggestion would be to look at other languages like Spanish, German, Polish, or French. Or even African I think would be interesting, and see what you can come up with from there.

Lorreine Geralde

lorreinegeralde@IRIS-SELECIA
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
IrisFlower link said:
I think they wanted to change from Shirokurone to \"Melancholic Monochrome\" in Japanese.

Either way, Rai's right. Just because your voicebank sings only in Japanese doesn't mean you have to have a Japanese name. By all means you can but you shouldn't feel limited to it. I mean look at my UTAU her name is in English. -nod-

My suggestion would be to look at other languages like Spanish, German, Polish, or French. Or even African I think would be interesting, and see what you can come up with from there.

That's a great suggestion! *tighthug* Even there are some UTAUs with non-Japanese names such as Camila Melodia and Beryll Heliodora. Now, my UTAU's name choice can be Kaiserine Geneviève...or Kaiserine Sympherianne.

However, what makes me a bit grumpy is most Japanese UTAUs (and some Overseas UTAUs) are popular only because they have Japanese names...or it is just me? :/

Rai

Teto's Territory
I don't think the names are a huge factor in their popularity. Most likely it's that their voice is pleasing or unique or the art of them is of a high quality.

A name that flows nicely might contribute but really who judges UTAUs by their name? Unless it's some weird one...