Anybody know Matsuda Mattsun's gender?

Fimbulvetr

Poiyo's Pollos
(Oh gosh I'm sorry if this is in the wrong category.)

I know this really shouldn't matter, but the curiosity kills and it seems like nobody really knows. XD

Most people say things like "He's just a youthful boy with a higher voice", or, "I just learned she's actually a girl", "...But he's a boy" and- yeah, you get what I mean.

(For anyone who doesn't know, Mattsun is the voice provider for Matsudappoiyo and Matsudappoine. He/She did make an Utattemita cover of "ERROR", in which he/she sounded almost identical to Matsudappoiyo, yet everyone still says she's a girl.)

Reactions: partial

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You'd be better off asking Matsuda Mattsun themselves (and hope that they don't take offense). Synth voice (and even the natural human voice in some cases) isn't always a good indicator of the voicer's biological sex or age in many cases as there are males that voice females, females that voice males, and voices that are androgynous enough to pass for both. 3 good examples are Piko, Nekomura Iroha, and Sachiko.

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
Matsudatoki is indeed a woman! As well as their twitter sounding very feminine, this UTAU profile page clarifies:

http://chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/note/n206280

"中の人は女性だが、キャラクターとしては青年である。"

"The voice provider is woman, however, the character is a young male."

Reactions: Fimbulvetr

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I always heard Mattsun was a girl and as she could pull out a convincing cross voice, then she could have made both a male and female utau... But in the beginning, I believed the opposite, whch is a boy who made a voicebank, and then made a genderbent for the female one... After the best would be to directly ask but 1) not sure how they're gonna react 2) I think people must have already asked them if they were a girl or a boy

Edit : woops i've been ninja'd, thanks Ter' for sharing the info !

Reactions: Fimbulvetr

Fimbulvetr

Poiyo's Pollos
You'd be better off asking Matsuda Mattsun themselves (and hope that they don't take offense). Synth voice (and even the natural human voice in some cases) isn't always a good indicator of the voicer's biological sex or age in many cases as there are males that voice females, females that voice males, and voices that are androgynous enough to pass for both. 3 good examples are Piko, Nekomura Iroha, and Sachiko.

Yeah, sorry about that. If I knew how to get ahold of Mattsun, I'd have asked her myself. Thank you. :smile:
[DOUBLEPOST=1443385756][/DOUBLEPOST]
Matsudatoki is indeed a woman! As well as their twitter sounding very feminine, this UTAU profile page clarifies:

http://chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/note/n206280

"中の人は女性だが、キャラクターとしては青年である。"

"The voice provider is woman, however, the character is a young male."

Aha! Thank you for this! I'm a little surprised, honestly. It's good to know so I won't make the mistake of calling her a "he" again, oops!