Anyone frequent MMOs?

Myon

Momo's Minion
Anyone play 'em?

I thought my MMO days were long gone after the upteenth patch for Maplestory when I was in middle school. NOPE. Still playing them, for whatever reason.

Most recently I've been playing Vindictus (NA) // Mabinogi Heroes (KR)
I've been maining the mage type character. Recently got her to lvl 60! (But cap went to 80..)
To commemorate this event, I ran an old raid for old times sake and the game takes slowmo snapshots when you win the battle. Weirdness ensued.
JbInT.jpg

Nice shot of my /armor/, Nexon.

And here's a recent and more appropriate picture.
1bZgM.jpg

Feel free to post your character! Lament in game inflation and whatnot! I wanna see what you guys play.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I haven't played an mmo in forever. I played maplestory when I was younger but Nexon is cash obsessed and the game got boring so I stopped playing. I played LaTale for a bit but didn't get far. Then I tried wondering, which I liked the best out of the three but I got bored and later they shut it down. I want to try trickter but I don't want to get sucked into another MMO. Is trickter any good anyway?

Sylphique

Momo's Minion
Am a total hardcore gamer. And have played my fair Share of MMOs, mainly Mmorpgs.
From RO to Mabinogi to Luna to Maplestory to Fiesta to Iris to Lucent Heart to Divina to Spirit Tales to Dragons Nest to Everything etc and the list goes on. Most of the time I'm a soloist pleveler that quickly reaches level caps -but will occasionally party with friends aha <3 I usually have connections with guilds, but don't join any unless I'm particularly close with someone there and I accept an invite.

I usually end up playing with really crap gear because I don't spend real cash and I'm really bad at trading (which my friend happens to be godly at and hell rich every game we play T p T ).

Usually I play either Cleric or Assassin (Unless there is a Bard class available-I will always play bard)- unless its Beta-testing (I try out various classes).
Some screenies and stuff. Totally love pvp, especially large faction vs faction maps with about 100 players on at once :sing: <3 #1 <3
UntitledRank1-2.png
The consequences of being afk on a pvp map...
2chwbdd.jpg
Yes, I have owned a pet venusaur. A legit achievement in life.
2mxnrl.jpg
As you can tell- I do prefer anime-styled mmorpgs, but I happily play games outside that range too~
I actually have acclaimed a title of Nurse John (when I play cleric) OTL from being a male 90% of the time...

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
How do you get to the level caps? I always get frustrated less than a quarter of the way. O A O what's the easiest MMO?

Dojan

Momo's Minion
Hmm. I play a few online games now and then.

Guild Wars 2 - Currently on Gate of Madness (NA)
My main character is a level 57~ or so Human Elementalist.
166ycmu.jpg

World of Warcraft - (less frequently) Agga, ugga, what on earth is that server called. Aggamar something. Aggromar. Whatever. EU server.
Level 46 Feral/Resto Druid

League of Legends - EU NE server
I normally play support. Typically Lux, Karma or Lulu.
Sometimes I decide to play tank, in which case I'll be either Shyvana or Nautilus.
If I decide to play mage, I'll most likely be Zyra or Ahri.

DotA 2 (which I have 5 invites for by the way) - Typically NA, EU and Asia region. Think I mainly end up in EU and NA though. Terribly bad at this game.
I have no idea what I typically play! Haha.

Hit me up if you want one of those invites. The game is technically free to play, but at the moment, since it's in a beta you'll have to buy a spot. However, should you get an invite you'll be able to play for free during the beta anyway.
The difference between buying to get into the beta and getting an invite is that when you buy you get some vanity items (which I have no idea how to use...) otherwise it's the same.

Myon

Momo's Minion
@Ant Hmm from what I hear Trickster is alright. Not the best--but it seems to get boring to play later on. Just as any MMO. I don't think there's any MMO that's easy, they typically turn into grind fests once you hit around lvl 30-late 50s. ;; Such a vicious predicament these MMOs put people in.

@Shiruaki Omg I have a soft spot for MMOs with the chibi characters ( Mostly giant head chibis ).  Did Luna get shut? I was gonna get back to playing Luna but I think something happened(?) OMG Spirit Tales//Destiny Online, I played the Malaysian one and never got to downloading the localized version. I'm really excited for Mabinogi 2, those graphics look crisp. Atm, I'm looking for a nice chibi MMO while I wait for PSO2 as well as Blade and Soul.

Angel

Momo's Minion
I play Grand Chase, Pangya and Trickster once in a while.
Trickster has crazy level cap so be prepared to hit Level 400.

I play Grand Chase (A side-scroller fighting game) and Pangya (some kawaii anime golf game) more frequently.
Which is why I haven't been utau-ing...

Meta

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I like trying new MMOs but they usually fail to keep my attention.

The only one I'm actively playing now is Guild Wars 2. My main is a Level 73 elementalist, which I've been managed to play more now that I'm on break. -3- Anyway, I love GW2, easily my favorite I've played in quite some time.

Before GW2 I played Rusty Hearts, but stopped playing when it stopped working on my computer after an update, which is frustrating because I invested some money in that game. And before Rusty Hearts I played Fly For Fun, back in my Middle and High school days. Such an embarrassment, not sure why I played it, but I ended up putting money into that one too. I regret every cent and moment I put into that game.

Sylphique

Momo's Minion
Ant link said:
How do you get to the level caps? I always get frustrated less than a quarter of the way. O A O what's the easiest MMO?
Spoiler'd for longness.
Well because it generally gets harder the higher you get. I tend to start using quicker methods to level really early on. Often doing any kind of dungeon or instance is a good source of delicious exp (as well as items). Your general kill speed will be faster if you are using the best possible attack patterns too. Small things like overlapping quests, predicting quest mobs order, running routes, and etc, really help with the speed. Whilst leveling I usually invest in my weapon and damage, rather than my Armour etc. -regardless of my class. When it gets to the higher levels its really worth finding a good farming area, because so many people waste so much time by farming in really bad spawns with bad spawn rates. Sometimes it depends on your class, because some classes are easier to level (mainly dps classes). Also your method of killing. I remember seeing this wizard in a game (wizard was clearly an aoe range-class) but he was killing all the mobs 1 by 1. Me and my friend did try to teach him how to mob them all at once using aoes (which makes it 5x faster?) but there was a language barrier :l.
Although I don't often level in a party - it is a fast way of leveling; assuming that no-one on the party is just being a leech. Of course some classes have slower kill speeds- you can adapt your method of killing to fit the party.
Ie. You end up with a party of a Wizard, Tank, and Assassin - The wizard and tank would be better off 'working together' with he tank aggro-ing a mob and the wizard casting aoe from range. Whilst the assassin wouldn't be of any use attacking that same mob (assassin as a single target damage dealer). The assassin would be better off claiming single kills rather than ruining the mob. Just small things like these, all adding up, helps you level faster.
No MMO is particularly easy, but there are MMOS that have some easier aspects
i.e Easier dungeons, Faster Leveling, etc

Myon link said:
@Shiruaki Omg I have a soft spot for MMOs with the chibi characters ( Mostly giant head chibis ).  Did Luna get shut? I was gonna get back to playing Luna but I think something happened(?) OMG Spirit Tales//Destiny Online, I played the Malaysian one and never got to downloading the localized version. I'm really excited for Mabinogi 2, those graphics look crisp. Atm, I'm looking for a nice chibi MMO while I wait for PSO2 as well as Blade and Soul.
Same! Luna online shut down o n o. There is however a Private Server of Luna called Celestialuna though (Can easily find it through google). I haven't played it. It is owned by a friend of a friend of mine. I played 2 different versions of Spirit Tales/Glory Destiny, I remember reaching Cap in the First version shortly after its release, Second was more of a 'fun re-play' a few months after xD). I was most anticipating Lime odyssey after the Alpha testing being awesome, but the wait has just been too long and I've kinda given up.
Usually I don't mind re-playing things as long as I have friends playing with me so I don't often run out of games. I am also always looking for more games~
http://www.eyasoft.co.kr/GAME/workGame01.asp
What i'm currently looking forward to most although it is super far away.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Angel link said:
I play Grand Chase, Pangya and Trickster once in a while.
Trickster has crazy level cap so be prepared to hit Level 400.

I play Grand Chase (A side-scroller fighting game) and Pangya (some kawaii anime golf game) more frequently.
Which is why I haven't been utau-ing...

Oh, I remember Pangya! I used to play that, it was fun. ^^ I think I might still have it on my laptop even...

Wha- 400? Wow. Is leveling up quick or what?

@shiruaki Ah, I see. I usually don't do party stuff because it's hard to get one going that actually works out. :S

Ahhh, there was this one MMO I was looking forward to playing one time, I can't remember what it was. It was 3D, I'm pretty sure, but anime styled, one of the races was like this lion thing... I can't remember too much about it, but it's pretty recent, I saw it was out of closed beta but I don't remember all that well. I think it was like, limestone... Something... urg, anyone know what I'm talking about?

Edit: found it, it's called "lime odyssey." anyone play it before?

Edit2: oh, looks like they're taking sign ups for closed beta now. I'm going to sign up.

Myon

Momo's Minion
Lime Odyssey has been in closed beta for forever. I'm still eager to play--but hell they're taking their sweet time.

@Dojan @Meta Is GW2 good for jumping into? I hear lots of promising things. But I'm one of those people who like to stop randomly for a while only to pick up the game again within a month.

I love crazy action-based games, so Vindictus and Dragons Nest is like. I feel that it's meant for me.

So far I've been playing Vindictus for a year, and intend to keep on playing. The storyline has some /actual/ thought put into it, NPCs are charming and the gear. THE GEAR, even the noob level armor looks chic. The graphics are superb for a f2p and raids are really fun. Except Siglint. Dodging magic circles of lightning is no fun. High system reqs, but with how nicely the game is presented. And each of the challenge modes Normal/Hard/Hero lvl 50 mode keep the player engaged when they repeat a battle. So much love. /ravesonaboutvindictus

I caught myself there, I meant Ragnarok 2. Haha, can't wait to be a Marketeer again.

IceeBlue

Momo's Minion
The only MMO I play these days is Phantasy Star Online 2... on the JP server. I doubt that I'll be playing the localized version when it arrives, but we'll see. You never know when they start IP banning non-JP folks.

I'm on Ship 02, and usually main as ユミル. He's a Human Hunter (lv47) with Force subclassed (Lv31) currently, as I'm aiming for Hunter/Techer being his final class.
Kudos to you if you recognize the game I referenced him from.
TIcBp.jpg

I also have Iris too! I use her less often than Yumil, though. She deserves a mention anyway because she's the character I used since pre-Open Beta and beyond. She's a CAST, previously a Lv29 Force, but due to reasons I restarted her again from scratch and is now Lv19 of the same class.
9SPRS.jpg

(Just to let you know that I play the game on a lowered graphics setting. PSO2 on a higher setting looks much, much more nicer than what you see on my screenshots.)

I'm also waiting for Lime Odyssey when it gets released. Though knowing me, I have a chance of dropping the game early due to laziness. >_>; That, and I already have PSO2 as my main MMO.

Dojan

Momo's Minion
Myon link said:
Lime Odyssey has been in closed beta for forever. I'm still eager to play--but hell they're taking their sweet time.

I haven't really been in the loop with Aeria since my game sage position for Shin Megami Tensei IMAGINE ended around April/May this year (the game transferred to Atlus Online). However, last I heard from my GM contacts they're taking their time in order to iron out all bugs and potential server problems in order for the game to be as stable as possible. They're expecting quite a large influx of players during launch, so they want to have the servers as stable as possible.
Since the developers are not in the states, they have to work weird hours in order to finish everything up. The game is progressing however. No ETA on release dates or anything though.

Myon link said:
@Dojan @Meta Is GW2 good for jumping into? I hear lots of promising things. But I'm one of those people who like to stop randomly for a while only to pick up the game again within a month.

It's great. There are no subscription fees, so you can play for five minutes, and then not play for a few months, then go back where you left off.
There's also no real end-game (there's also no grind to reach the end-game since you're already at it), nearly everything is available to you from the start. You could for instance level entirely through PvP if that's what floats your boat.
The areas adapt to your character as well. I recently played with a friend of mine, who just started off. Me being a level 56 elementalist and her being a level 5 elementalist. I helped her with some events (quest) and personal storyline quests. Despite being 51 levels above the content I partook in, I still managed to level up and get really decent money karma and experience.

The first big world-boss you'll encounter is roughly around level 10-16, but even if you're level 80 you can go back and still do said boss.
First dungeon is also around level 30 I believe.