Append created from default voicebank by manipulation?

Lorreine Geralde

lorreinegeralde@IRIS-SELECIA
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Well, I'm a bit cautious about this. I have found a video on how to make a ghostly voice with Audacity today and I'm trying to do the same. So, I pick one of the phoneme wav. files in my UTAU's voicebank and manipulate it by clicking Effects > GVerb. 

The result of the voice manipulation makes me a bit shocked as I feel scared with it. I try to make my UTAU's append with it but...it is considered wrong for making my UTAU's append by manipulation of my default UTAU's voicebank? :/

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I don't think so. If anything it may be better since it will sound similar to the old bank, which is what most people complain about when making appends (ie. Doesn't sound like the original).

irei1as

Teto's Territory
It's your own voicebank. In my opinion you should be able to do with it anything you want.
At the end if you don't like a critique related of how it sounds you can always delete the append from use or just ignore it.
Just remember to redo the frq, I guess.

Lorreine Geralde

lorreinegeralde@IRIS-SELECIA
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
To Ant:

Thank you for the reply. :smile:  I still remember when someone tells about his/her append voicebank problem at another forum (I don't remember its name otl)

So, this means that I can create my append from my default UTAU's voicebank but I just need to think a new name for it [naming it as "Phantom Append" seems to be obvious... *facepalm*]