Arpasing?

Rushur

Teto's Territory
I'd say it's pretty decent at it's best, but I'd recommend VCCV as more people use VCCV to make usts. I do also believe arpasing can have some mispronounced word, however, I'm not sure.

EDIT: also VCCV is very fluent at its best (Merisdae is a good example of this)

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hello! I'm the writer of the Arpasing website.

I believe that Arpasing is the most welcoming English method for a beginner. The default reclists are very short (200 samples compared to a typical list with 1000 samples), the voicebank can be automatically OTO'd, and when you use the voicebank you can automatically convert English lyrics to phonemes. However, there are a few things that can make it more difficult.
If you're not a native English speaker, you might find the default reclists difficult to read and pronounce. They were computer generated using English-like words. In that case, you may want to use an alternative Arpasing reclist also available on the website, which will simply go through various possible sounds in a straightforward order.
After you generate the OTO, you still need to make adjustments to fit the voicebank better. I recommend learning how to create Japanese CVVC voicebanks first, since they're smaller, simpler, and use the same methods.
When you use the Arpasing Assistant plugin for converting words to phonemes, you will still need to adjust the UST to sound a bit better. Arpasing uses many small notes, which can be difficult to edit. I recommend using the [+] buttons in the corner of the UTAU window to zoom in and setting your Quantize setting to 1/64.

As mentioned earlier, VCCV is another popular method for English. Unlike Arpasing, the reclist is very long. When you use the voicebank, you will need to input phonemes and adjust the notes by hand for every single word. As for the OTO, you're provided with a base, so it's about the same difficulty of adjusting to fit. If you only plan on making covers using pre-made USTs, VCCV can be more convenient for completing songs quickly. The creator of the reclist has a complete series of video tutorials on YouTube if you're interested in learning this method instead.