Auto voicebank Creator?

PanTran

Ritsu's Rocket
Defender of Defoko
OK, so I had this idea, you know how people make stuff like Justin Beiber UTAUs, or Lady Gaga UTAUs, well I had an idea that you could easily create a voicebank from any voice sample!

So here's my idea, you know how there is speech recognition software nowadays? Like, a computer can tell if you are saying "pancake" or "peaches". Well, I thought that you could utilize that technology in an "auto UTAU voicebank creator"!

So, in the program, you would choose a voice sample for the program to work with, such as an acapella by a singer. You would then choose a text file with each sound from a CV reclist on a new line. Then, it would scan the audio file, and use the voice recognition software to detect any of the sounds off the list, and save them to a file in a specified folder. After you've got all the sounds, you can set them all to the same pitch.

Here's and example of a scenario with this program:

I load up Avril Lavigne's acapella cover of "darlin". Then, I choose a text file that contains a CV reclist, with each sound on a new line. It scans the audio, and detects that Avril sang "ka". It would then save it as a wav file named "ka" in a folder called "Avril UTAU". But wait, it detected that Avril sang "shi" twice! Well, it then lets me compare and choose which one I like best. But not all of the sounds where found, well that's ok, I'll just load another audio file, and continue off the same list, because if the sound is already in the folder, it will ignore it. Then, after I'm done, I can use the program to set the pitch of all of the samples to C4! Tada! Now just oto in UTAU, and you're all good!

So, are there any programers out there that think this is plausible? I think this would be so cool! You could even use it on your friends and stuff and surprise them with an UTAU!

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Yeah this could infringe a lot of copyrights. One of the biggest rules of UTAU is to not make a voicebank of someone without their consent, so this basically throws that out the window. Bad idea.

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Yeah this could infringe a lot of copyrights. One of the biggest rules of UTAU is to not make a voicebank of someone without their consent, so this basically throws that out the window. Bad idea.
It could be used for other things that aren't wrong though.

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Best to not do it, even if it could be done legally. It's best to make a bank entirely from scratch rather than splicing from prerecorded sung/spoken vocals. And you never, EVER should make a bank using the voice samples of a public figure, synth, or even a regular person without their express consent (it's illegal to record someone's face or voice without their knowledge/permission, for synths, yamaha expressly forbids any so called ports from vocaloid to utau and I'm sure that Cevio, ChipSpeech, and other synths are in the same boat). That person could potentially file a complaint/lawsuit and jeopardize the utau software as a whole.

PanTran

Ritsu's Rocket
Defender of Defoko
Yea, sorry! I wasn't really thinking about the legal stuff when I wrote this! My bad! I just thought the concept was cool, although your all right, it probably wouldn't work out because of copyright issues!

Although I have a friend who is way to shy to record a voice bank, but still thinks it would be cool to have one. So I could just record her speaking normally or having a conversation, and then splice that into a voicebank! Or you could use it for younger kids or anybody who's too impatient to sit around and create a voicebank themselves.

Or, and this sounds interesting, you could use it to record some noise, such as busy traffic, dogs barking, you just speaking gibberish, or just about anything, and see if it can detect the sounds from just nonsense! Like you could make a voicebank of your dog! just record it all day, and see if it makes different sounds and stuff! (this probably sounds ridiculous XD)