Beginning of a new UTAU.

iBurrito

Momo's Minion
I've been finding my way around the site to be quite easy, and I've been looking through many different topics (including some on the old -now archived- forum) but there's one thing I've never seen anyone mention, believe it or not. Of course, my problem is myself not being satisfied with the UTAU designs I come up with, but that's not the only problem. Of course, I've come up with many (and I do mean, many) possible designs to use for a UTAU and each and every time I change the name, and color theme, but the basic structure of the designs have stayed the same - white thigh high socks, and gloves. This is where one of my questions comes in.

How do you - those of you on the forum to see this xD - stay satisfied with your UTAU designs? It's a pretty simple question, but I just can't keep myself satisfied with it. It could be that I've gotten bored because the designs are too simple, but I just change them so quickly, even though I love them. But to give you an idea of what I have now as a design, I will eventually post a picture of the WIP.

Okay, that isn't my only question. I sorry for putting more than one per thread, but I don't want to spam up the forums, and I also don't want you guys to have to read a lot so I'll try my hardest to keep it short. One question down, two more to go. OTL

So, since I've created so many designs, one day, I decided to download UTAU and get Teto's voicebank. That's when I went from excited, to frustrated.  I couldn't figure out how to work the program.  (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) Everything was in Japanese, or came up as strange characters that didn't make any sense to me. This same thing (the, random characters showing up instead of Japanese or English) occurred when I'd gotten MMD. That's not my only reason for being frustrated though. Since I couldn't read a thing, I had to get the English patch. I don't think I did that right, and I couldn't figure out how to make it sing so I eventually just deleted the program altogether.. ._.

SO, I wanted to redownload the program, and I wanted to know how you can fix the random characters showing up like that, thing. xD And also, my computer is at least four years old, going on five. It's not cheetah fast, but it's not stick slow (lul) either and I wanted to know how I could fix that so I could get UTAU to work properly? :D

OH, ONE LAST QUESTION BEFORE I FINALLY POST. XD

If I'm extremely aggravated by the sound of my own voice (LAWL), how can I create a voicebank? Thing is, I don't want to have a friend help with the voicebank, and I'm not sure if changing the pitch would do anything. Orz

So yah, can someone please help? XD SORRY FOR ALL THE QUESTIONS. D;

kirrinx

Teto's Territory
because UTAU shows up as gibberish is because you're computer/(or laptop) needs to have app-locale so it doesn't display weird symbols x3

http://www.yesjapan.com/install_japanese/ this is for how to install app-locale for windows vista/7

and being happy with the design is finding one that fits the voice ^~^ for me i designed a pretty simple Utauloid nothing too fancy but i'm pleased with how it turned out C: i believe you might not found what clicks for you x3 like which feels better for you as the design for your utauloid ~

and http://www.voiceblog.jp/mianaito/1062049.html this link is for the English patch translation ^~^

oh yes there is many things you can do your voice x3 to produce a different sound ,pitching is one way of changing it you can apply equalizers or compressors to your voice and change how it sounds or you can voice act ^^  as well ~

like i did [soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/kirrin_kage/utausvoicedbykirrin[/soundcloud]

the 3rd voice is the one that sounds like me the most ;3 the other ones i had to go higher or record my sounds in a much lower pitch to be able to them to sound like that :3

adding certain characteristic to the voice can help too like voice#4 is more of a whispery like voice and voice #2 is more mature :3 there are many ways x3 you can affect the voice not just by tone but by the way you record the samples, you can make them more nasally  or make the voice strong or make it calmer and softer  ~

; n; not sure how to help on with the somewhat slow but not superspeedy computer :sick: UTAU doesn't lag much at all x3 for me ~

and o3o if you need any more help feel free to post more questions x3 ~

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Well kirrin already caught most of your answers but for me being satisfied with the design also involves including things you actually like in designs. Not just getting one that fits the voice. If you don't like cutesy girly designs what sense does it make to have an UTAU with one? XD

Think about what you think looks cute or cool or overall what you like in designs and apply them to yours(without blatantly copying someone elses I mean ;u; )

As for your computer problem...I was using UTAU on like a ten year old computer that was like...scary old before this one and didn't have any problems...I don't think you should have anything to worry about?