Betterloid - Unofficial VOCALOID5 Plugin System

Pikachuk(SeleDreamsP)

Teto is love, Teto is life (Rin too)
Defender of Defoko
Hi everyone, I have recently been working on an unofficial plugin system for VOCALOID5 since YAMAHA still didn't add an official one.

The first plugin I made with it is a plugin adding custom backgrounds to vocaloid 5

There are two types of plugins that can be made with this tool :
- StartupPlugins that are plugins that get loaded when vocaloid 5 starts
- EditorPlugins that are plugins started by going in the Plugins tab and clicking on them.

The first one is a new type that wasn't in vocaloid 4 and is more useful for plugins that modify the behaviour of the whole editor (such as my background plugin that is a Startup Plugin) while the EditorPlugins are more useful for specific actions such as modifying a group of selected notes, selecting specific notes, translating phonemes to other phoneme types, exporting stuff to a format etc.

I plan to make a tutorial on plugin development soon.

Development wise this is the first version so there are still features I plan to implement such as automatic updates and a menu to manage activated plugins etc.
Right now most settings are managed through json files, if you want to disable a plugin you must set the value PluginActive in "PluginConfig.json" of the plugin you want to disable to false.

Betterloid can be downloaded at this link : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmLM9alOixcxntVSxDZbl-bjghmiJA?e=pqvJi8

The background plugin allows stuff like this
vocaloid.png

Notes :
- Betterloid doesn't enable Piracy and doesn't circumvent the DRMs, you need the full activated VOCALOID5 Editor, same for the voicebanks.
- Betterloid at the moment only works in Standalone mode, it won't work in VST mode, You can still use it with a DAW in ReWire mode.
- Betterloid should work with future updates with no issues, It also doesn't actually modify any installed files of vocaloid so you can very easily uninstall betterloid by just deleting its files

Last edited:

Pikachuk(SeleDreamsP)

Defender of Defoko
Update : Fixed bug that was preventing vocaloid5 from starting without Betterloid, the reason was basically due to a conflict between the json libraries used as betterloid uses the same library as vocaloid for json but both used a different version, that's why I changed it so that it automatically relies on the one from vocaloid

Pikachuk(SeleDreamsP)

Defender of Defoko

This is an example plugin of a more productive kind of plugin creating tracks, parts, midi notes and also editing selected lyrics

I'll open source it with various comments in the source to help people learn to make plugins

Pikachuk(SeleDreamsP)

Defender of Defoko
I have developped a phoneme conversion plugin, it is available at the same onedrive link as Betterloid,
this video shows a bit how it is

it basically allows to use files containing the phonemes equivalents to automatically convert the phonemes of the selected notes/tracks/parts

Reactions: feelingiconiic