Big UTAU news from past two years?

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
So! I've been gone for a while and I imagine so much has happened that it would require a thread perhaps, haha. Could also be used as a cool chronology for the upward movement of the community? :U

What's happened? Who got big, who disappeared who was big, how many bajillion more failed vipperloids were made (pffft) what banks got very popular, etc? Has UTAU updated? New resamplers? New useful plugins?

Examples of what I've already picked up on:
-Little Misha voiced a Vocaloid! :ooooo and big controversy followed because of fun things and yay though that Hachi is still allowed to be around. And worked on by Syo too!
-I remember as I was leaving that Sorane Rana, Sorane Yui, and Matsudappoiyo were discontinued
-Teto English happened? What style even was it?
-Gahata Meiji got popular wat? What happened? I have her old bank, was a good one but seriously what happened to propell her to Vipper popularity?
-Cdra is gone. :sad:

ETC! Anything and everything is welcome, no matter how minor it might be. Please inform me!

Reactions: JVウタウ

bio

VocalSynth Enthusiast
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
New vocaloids were reviled, Dex and Daina

Teto englsh X-SAMPA and sadly no utau update...yet

CeVIO released like 7 new banks

OИE- I believe IA's little sister

The Colour Voice Series- A series of colours with Vocals

You also came back just n time!
Circrush is finishng thnderstorm

(if some of this info you already know, sorry)

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Thanks so much for the info! \(o7o)/

Oh I heard about Dex and Daina but not the CeVio news. IT seems like that program is really blossoming! Though wait is ONE CeVio also? Just curious as to how she can be IA's sister.

and yuck x-sampa whyyy
you think when they got the hint on cv vc jp they would have got the english hint ene

bio

VocalSynth Enthusiast
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Thanks so much for the info! \(o7o)/

Oh I heard about Dex and Daina but not the CeVio news. IT seems like that program is really blossoming! Though wait is ONE CeVio also? Just curious as to how she can be IA's sister.

and yuck x-sampa whyyy
you think when they got the hint on cv vc jp they would have got the english hint ene
Yeah, ONE is a CeVIO
I honestly dont know...I just assumed because she was released on IA's 3 birthday(talk voice)

xD guess they wanted a vocaloid feel when entering n phonemes?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Teto is in X SAMPA because she follows an older version of the Delta English reclist, which has become the Japanese standard. I fear for the future of UTAU, where newbies may end up using that instead of VCCV™... Which is still not released. Check out chezzies thread for info in that.

Last edited:

Zoku

making doper vocaloid music than the rest
Defender of Defoko
VCCV English is a really big thing. Cz is making huge updates on English recording styles and usage (I guess?) and a bunch of people are hyped.

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Also among new Vocaloids, there's Sachiko voiced by an enka singer, and also there are a few commercial UTAU starting to appear (not the Windows 100%, but other ones with especially Sayuri's bank)

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Oh no to X-SAMPA becoming the JP standard. D: WE better make sure VCCV videos get posted to Nico! I'm really rusty on Nico, will have to get used to it again haha.

But yessss like I stated in my return VCCV English is what has motivated me to come back. @u@ Very excited about this! I'm feeling confident finally that we're towards the end of English. I liked CVVC well enough but then I heard Cz was working on a new method and I just want us to reach an end one and stabilize you know? I feel so bad for all the CVVC banks that will now fall into dissuse, and it's not like recording English takes five seconds. But at least we're getting there!

And other banks are becoming commercial? Who is Sayuri, other examples? I remember it being a very controversial idea back in the day as you'd have to offer A LOT in order to be successful, like I only got some Windows 100% banks because they were voiced by famous Nico Uttaites (Hagane Hey is great, but these days he's a bit outdated since he is only his one pitch). UWah I don't mean to sound mean, but I am still firmly against commercial banks since the UTAU scene is already oversaturated with high quality banks.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I know of some unfinished commercial bank projects, like the proof of concept works Jeremy has posted, while I personally have the LEXYS project. It's only a dollar per bank because I never really intended to sell it from the beginning, but I might consider a more serious commercial endeavor with a larger bank.

On a somewhat related topic, some people are selling boxed editions of their UTAU. (I would have put an S at the end of that last word, but a certain administrator continues to refuse the idea that words borrowed into the English language follow English grammatical rules, and has a word filter preventing people from doing so.)

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The bank Milly's referring to is mine and the final package will include all languages currently in vocaloid. These samples are a little outdated and are just the present cv.

As Adlez stated earlier, there's also Jeremy's project, studio ogien, etc. These are the ones I'm aware of at least

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I'm in the same boat as you. I've been gone pretty much since 2013 and I don't even know what could have possible been going down in the utau and vocaloid world.

I've come to find out we have new Engloids, our very own Misha voicing one of them
Syo is working with Zero-G
Theres like five or something new Japanese vocaloids
Cz is improving the English reclist (which is why I coming back to give this one final shot). I'm surprised how popular english voicebansk are becoming

I have no idea if there is a new version of UTAU, are there new plugins, ect.

fmccaddy12

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
It also should be said that producers are making/reviving their Utaloids. Crusher-P, for example, revived their Utaloid Maki Watase.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Welcome back Ongaku! :DDDD
We can be "English-hype-raised-our-dead-souls" buddies!

But huh. Intesresting tuner, very good! I surely think it's a combination of many factors though - an easily usable bank, a well drawn design with flashy videos, a history of banks so she wasn't completely new, I heard she partnered with a clothing brand was that before or after?, made a bunch of banks again before/after???, and of course is of quality. If pitchbends were everything, well...

Code:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm18947029

...I've heard better. shouha is even released and is great and no one uses him darnit i would use him if he didn't crash synth upon touching it like hibiki shinji

EDIT: Nico embed doesn't work wat? Linked. Cover is amazing, you do yourself a service by listening to the god of pitchbends at work.

Last edited:

Velvet

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Amitaro, who made Koharune Ami, the UTAU with the 17-pitch VCV, released a 39-pitch ("11 Emotion", as it were) CVVC JP voicebank for Ami last year. Yep.

Then there's the rise to fame of Anna Nyui (made by Aoka45), an UTAU released around 2 years ago who's just gotten a 20-pitch CVVC JP and a tripitch English...

...and Kohaku Merry (by 塩釜), a fairly new UTAU with one of the strongest and steadiest Power banks I've ever heard.

...sorry I'm always really excited about UTAU with wide ranges

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Welcome back Ongaku! :DDDD
We can be "English-hype-raised-our-dead-souls" buddies!

YAAAASSS. This time I'm going to follow the tutorials down to the T because I always messed up with the oto.ini when I did CVVC.