Can You Replace Your UTAU Voicer with Another Voicer?

Gin-Kaido

Teto's Territory
Hello, I want to ask something and this is very important to me. So I have a problem with my UTAU voicers, actually this problem has happened a long time ago where we fought because she gave me a design that she copied from someone else and at that time we decided not to be friends until graduating from school. After long time I lost contact with her, I decided to start apologizing because it looked childish. She forgave me and I am very grateful for that. When I asked her to come back to voicing Koto Fumi again, she refused and told me not to use her voice again including Zenzi Guriya who is voiced by her BF. With a heavy heart, I can only accept her decision and I have to take down all of solo covers that I made from her voice. On one hand, I really like my OCs and it's a pity if I have to delete them from UTAU forever. That's why I asked this, can UTAU voicer be replaced by another voicer? If is possible I will find a replacement ASAP and if not please tell me how to get out of this situation because it's really makes me sad for some reason. Thank you very much and I really appreciated your reply.

saltboy

Momo's Minion
By replacement do you mean a new Voice Provider? If so, then yes, i would assume so.
Just make sure the Final Product sounds similar to the original.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soursop the fruit

Viran

ヴィラン
Defender of Defoko
No need to discontinue a character when a voice provider refuses to work with you further, find another voicer/voice them yourself.

Additionally I'd like to touch upon what saltboy has written. There's absolutely no need to have the new voice similar to the prior one, unless it's your personal choice. Just as one can change the design or the name/info of an UTAU, you also can change their vocals without stressing over it.

Akriel

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I wholeheartedly agree with Viran's post. Your characters are your characters. You do whatever you feel is right for your characters, you don't need to find a voice extremely similar!
If you need a new voicer, you're free to ask me to voice! I'm more than willing to help!

Reactions: Viran