Collaborative .ust Making

Austria

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
I guess since .usts are really in demand and there are lots of songs that need fabulous .usts (as well as songs with .usts already existing but quite lacking) so I thought up this idea.
How about a bunch of people work together to make a .ust so it doesn't fall squarely on one person or anything like that?

I guess the job breakdown would be like this:
  • Tempo - This person just finds the tempo of the song.
  • Note....finding? - This group or person locates the pitch/notes in a song.....self explanatory.
  • Timing - This group/person times the notes that the note finder person inputted in the ust.
  • Pitchbender - This person draws/makes the pitchbends in the (now timed) ust.
  • Envelopes and Dynamics - This is just some extra spice to make it sound a bit more realistic.
  • Extra stuff - This includes ideal flags, modes, blah blah.
  • Harmonies - With the melodies finished, this person makes the harmonies!

HANASU:
Hanasu is a bit more hectic. Since there's no defined melody, it's a lot more difficult. Most of the work would probably rely on the Pitchbenders and the Note Finder people. Timing and Envelopes/Dynamics would also be invaluable.

Something like that, you know?
Idk, I'm not volunteering myself or anything, but this idea popped up in my head and I thought it sounded pretty efficient.

P

PurinPuff

I'd do this, granted I kind of like the song. x3 Here's a breakdown of what I can and can't do.

Things I Would Be Capable Of:

- Tempo (I have a good program for that.)
- Note Finding (I sometimes have difficulty with this, but for the most part, I'm golden. :D)

Things I Need to Improve on, But Will Do to Improve:

- Pitchbending
- Envelopes and Dynamics

Things I'm Not Very Good At:

- Timing
- Harmonies (I have a limited ear for them, I can pick out some notes.)

---

You might wanna add hanasu as part of the breakdown.
(For example, if we were collaborating on 'Dr Realist' or something.)

Austria

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
PurinPuff link said:
You might wanna add hanasu as part of the breakdown.
(For example, if we were collaborating on 'Dr Realist' or something.)

Good idea, I'll add that to the OP.

PKLpikachu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I'm pretty good at Tempo and Timing. Sometimes I can do Note Finding; it really depends on the song.

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I can really only do note placement with an a capella track ;; but I'm generally decent at timing and more than willing to help with pitchbending/enveloping?  Though I don't do a lot of the latter, just fade-outs on some notes and volume control where it's really needed.

I'm pretty good at harmonies if they're simple.  Well-- my harmonies may not be "right", but they'll sound good! (translation: I throw harmony theory at the wall until something sticks)

Austria

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
Oh, so do you guys want to get into one big group so we came make usts and stuff together? o:
I want to know before I start shooting requests from my friends.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Hmmmm. I'm pretty busy right now. But if I get some stuff finished I can do the same thing I did before - making the MIDI / placing the notes. Just not right now.

P

PurinPuff

I could once my laptop has a cord. ;o; (-Also has a bunch of usts I want to make-)

Lemondolly

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I would like to help ^^
I've made two USTs but I think I'm better at note finding and timing

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Why don't we start by making a list of usts we want to make/work on/have requested?  owo  That way we can get together in pairs/triples/whatever to work on them individually.

I have a specific desire to make usts for English songs, so it'd be really helpful if people who can do the notes would midi those for me ;;  I'll be doing all the actual English-ing for those, so...  I'll give some ideas if that seems good?

Austria

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
Great idea! I'll keep this post as a reference to usts requested.
Please keep requests quick and concise ouo
Off vocal & original links would be nice.

English

Japanese
Cactus and Mirage by knots/ 若干P (Jakkan-P)
Original: Hatsune Miku - Cactus and Mirage (サボテンと蜃気楼) - English & Romaji Subs
Off Vocal: 【KARAOKE SUB】Saboten to Shinkirou - off vocal

Your World, My World by fatman-P 
Original: Miku, Len - Your World, My World - Romaji & MP3
Off Vocal: http://www.mediafire.com/?qwygmijhg3n

Other Lang.

P

PurinPuff

USTs I've Started / Tried:
- Love Disease
- Dawn of the East, Dusk of the West
- Purgatory and the Canary Girl
- Dont Look at Me in That Way
(I think SteelEmissary is making a .ust currently for this.)
- Its Raining
- Lonely (2NE1)
(I was making it for the Japanese version, but the link I was using for reference was taken down.)
- Heart Invading Robot (Piano Ver.)
- Let Me Play the Piano (Len Retake)
(There's no offvocal)
- Hamelins Nightmare
(I can't find romaji lyrics for it, though.)
- Jibun No Hana (Nightmare)

I'm not really requesting any of this, just placing what I've attempted out there to see if anyone's interested.

Cdra link said:
I have a specific desire to make usts for English songs, so it'd be really helpful if people who can do the notes would midi those for me ;;  I'll be doing all the actual English-ing for those, so...  I'll give some ideas if that seems good?

I'd like to hear what English songs you're thinking of. :3

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Okay let's do this :V  don't mind my rock I promise I can tune it sob
also other ideas are perfectly acceptable and I'm willing to English whatever you guys want if you make the midi.

Bring Me to Life - Evanescence - [song] [karaoke] [BONUS studio a capella] - Ugh I started on this a long time ago and the timing was deadly from the midi I had and nope.  So you guys who are good at timing???

Feel Good Inc. - Gorillaz - [song] [karaoke - it's been pitched down though ;; I can't find anything better free, maybe you can?] - lalala I can do the rap parts this one might be a lot of trouble so idk

Snow (Hey Oh) - Red Hot Chili Peppers - [song] [karaoke] - another I tried to make a VSQ for and miserably failed sob the timing on my midi was wrong yet again... um and other RHCP songs are good too yes

Walkin' On the Sun - Smash Mouth - [song] [karaoke] - NOSTALGIA ANYONE??

Give me a Sign - Breaking Benjamin- [song] [karaoke] - (I really just want this more as a personal thing ;; and any songs by them really)

EDIT:
OH YEAH.  I was working on a new Magician's Operation ust, too, and got stuck on the bridge because it was hard to get the pitches and the timing.  Anyone want to try to get it smoothed out the rest of the way?