Common words English Utau have trouble pronouncing

Chianachini

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I think it's a good idea to consider 'difficult' words in making reclists, something I'm considering for a possible Engloid series. So, anything come to mind? Words I've always had trouble forming with both Japanese VCV and English delta lists are: strength, blue, breeze, girl, and please--mainly words featuring consonant blends.

I'd also like to know if it would be practical to include these words in the reclist itself, and if there's any oto information I would need to know because of it, to make it easier on the user.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You should actually use some chezzie reclist voicebanks. The delta list doesn't come with proper clusters and neither does a standard Japanese VCV. Those words in chezzie would be as follows:

Blue [blo]
Breeze [brE] [Ez]
Girl [g3] [3l]
Please [plE] [Ez]

If you want to do your own reclist research regarding clusters in English, try searching for phonotactics. Phonotactics are the rules in a language guiding what syllables are actually possible, and it's the most vital information for writing a reclist in any language.

When it comes to otoing, be sure to include the entire cluster in the preutterance. For example, in "sta" you would put the red line between "st" and "a", not between "s" and "ta"

Reactions: JVウタウ

CarrotJuice

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Ok so your making an english reclist
CCV and VCCs are your freind the more you have the easyer life is for everyone (deltas list have few to none CCV VCCs) so dont just record random words just do lots of plausible constanant clusters
some get formed with a schwa in the middle joining them so you dont have to but meh also some words that teto english hates >_<
Creeps
proons
sleeping
crazy
nostrils
tbh teto uses a delta list so thats why but cz or aiko should be fine with them

Zarsla

ENG-JPN UTAU User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
@Chianachini
1. Don't include the words in the reclist (that never comes out good in UTAU, vocaloid it may have work but that's a complete diferent engine)
2.You have to treat delta's list as if it's a lite list made by a japanese user (and lite list are "harder" to deal with because as a someone who's new to English CVVC, you're going to have troubles regardless, since you don't know how to use a lite list , and trust me most people who end up making them can make a lot of mistakes especially when it comes to the CC CV blends)
3.Using CC's and CV's and VC's instead of CCV's and VCC's is hard work and no one knows how to do them well and consitnatly.
For ClV (such as blue and clock), you need a to record a CLl eg bl with "l" acting as a vowel, and blend a short version (no more than around 60) in length of the Cl, with a lV (like lu) and you have what ever word you wanted.
To do CrV's (like brain and crook), then you do the same thing as ClVs but instead of Cl, use C3,(like b3 and ch3).
For VC's it's usuasly easier as they tend to be straight forward eg to do "ends" you'd do [en] [ndz] or [en] [nd][dz]

Now for the words you asked in Teto's bank they'd be:
Blue=[- bl] [lu]
Breeze=[- b3] [- ri] [iz]
Strength(this is going to sound funny, it's because the str sound is not the same as the st3 sound, it's more shch3)= [- str][- re] [e n] [k] [T]
girl=[- g3] [3l]
please=[- pl][li][iz]/[is] (depending on how you say please it's either s or z)

(Oh and 3 is the same in both delta's and CZ's lists it's the "er" sound in worker.)

Hopefully it wasn't to confusing (but's it hard to help you using just text and words)

Chianachini

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Thanks you guys! This info will be useful both in the using and creation of English banks.