Converting ust to vsqx

szumek

Momo's Minion
Im new to useing vocaloid and I wanted to use some of the usts in vocaloid, but when I export them to vsqs from utau and use in v4 editor all of the lyrics are question marks. Is there any way to fix this?

clipartghost

Momo's Minion
Is your UST in hiragana? That could be a good explanation for the question marks. There is a plugin you can add to UTAU that converts hiragana to romaji (or vice versa), I don't know if I can post the link as a new user but it's very easy to find! :smile: Hope it helps.

Otherwise, you might have to insert the lyrics manually... A bit tedious, I know, but if you put your lyrics in a text file first so you can divide the syllables (assuming it's japanese) and copy paste the result then when you add it to your Vocaloid project it should be a breeze. Good luck!

EDIT: Just realized this was a thread from months ago, I'm sorry!

Reactions: szumek

Blingee G

Momo's Minion
In a converted vsqx, if all the notes say "ah" or "あ", then press Ctrl + A, "Job", and then "Convert Phonemes to Match Language". This solves the problem for me.
I tried, but there's no option for that...Is it because I'm using Vocaloid2?

RoseMB

Momo's Minion
I tried, but there's no option for that...Is it because I'm using Vocaloid2?
(wait aaaaaa sorry! I realized vsqx is the one for V4 and vp4 is the one for V5, despite the fact that I literally use Vocaloid daily. Sorry about that!)

That would be the case, yes. UtaFormatix is a very helpful tool, but unfortunately it still comes with a few minor problems ("ah" lyrics, messing with the tuning when converting from UST). You may have to just retype the lyrics yourself.