Creating a super basic resampler

PanTran

Ritsu's Rocket
Defender of Defoko
So, I have downloaded tn_fnds, and realized that it comes with source code. This really made me want to make a resampler, even a super basic one. But i didn't know where to start, with such little information online about this topic. So I was wondering, could somebody create a resampler with just the bare essentials? And by bare essentials, I mean just enough to function, with nothing extra. I'm sure for a skilled programmer it wouldn't be to difficult, and it could provide a base for others who don't know where to start either! If someone wants to do this, I'd be really thankful! And I'm trying to learn more about c++, so hopefully I'll be able to create a resampler someday!

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You would need high quality stretching, a way to analyze to voice samples, shift the samples based on that analysis, and then apply formant correction to prevent that "chipmunk" sound.

It's actually a very complex topic with quite a few papers written on it.

If you even got to the skill level, you could look into using WORLD as a base.

PanTran

Ritsu's Rocket
Defender of Defoko
You would need high quality stretching, a way to analyze to voice samples, shift the samples based on that analysis, and then apply formant correction to prevent that "chipmunk" sound.

It's actually a very complex topic with quite a few papers written on it.

If you even got to the skill level, you could look into using WORLD as a base.

I'm guessing it's a bit out of my skill range, I might have to revisit it when I have more knowledge on the subject (I'm planning on being a computer programmer for a career, so I'll likely learn a lot about this stuff)

but reading the papers sounds interesting, do you have a link to any?
[DOUBLEPOST=1438139853][/DOUBLEPOST]
http://utaforum.net/threads/how-do-you-create-a-resampler.7768/
This might help you, some of the links provided lead to the papers @Jermy was refering too. Sadly there isn't much ( Understandable ) documentation in english on the subject, but I wish you the best of luck!

Thanks! I've seen that thread, because it's basically one of the only places to find info about this on the web :P It really sucks that the program is only in Japanese, because there's probably a ton of info on the net about this, but not in English. Thank you!

Agentzap0

Momo's Minion
Maybe you could start by making a not-so-great quality resampler? Like, all it did was create weird sounds, strech, and pitch them? That could be a start.