Creating MIDI, then turning into UST help

KibouMichi

Teto's Territory
Not to be modest about myself, but I feel like I can turn MIDIs into USTs pretty well; I can hear tones and stuff and plot lyrics.
The only thing I'm not so sure about is making a MIDI from hearing a song's lyrics. All I'd like to ask is what is the most simple, but effective method. I have a MIDI keyboard, if that helps too.
I appreciate any help :smile:

RaccoonButler

Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu
Defender of Defoko
Most people look up the lyrics to the song to be safe. If you speak the language of the song well enough, I’d say you could just trust your ear, but if you don’t know the language I’d say to ask for someone who does to help you transcribe and not try to guess by ear.

KibouMichi

Teto's Territory
Most people look up the lyrics to the song to be safe. If you speak the language of the song well enough, I’d say you could just trust your ear, but if you don’t know the language I’d say to ask for someone who does to help you transcribe and not try to guess by ear.
I do know a little Japanese and I'd know what is wrong, since the song I wanna cover is one I listen to on a loop lmao

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Do you have a DAW installed? There's many options you can choose from, some of which are listed in my Songwriting Resources post (link in my signature).
The basic workflow is that you have the song on one track, and a midi on another track with a placeholder instrument (such as a simple synth or a piano). Then, you add notes to the midi track so that they match the melody of the vocals when you play them at the same time.

Reactions: KibouMichi

KibouMichi

Teto's Territory
I don't right now, but I will definitely give it a whirl. Thanks for the tips, I'd be lost without this site :D