-cries-

SakisCookie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Me: Computer guy, my laptop won't work. Help me.
Computer guy: Well, it seems your hard drive has been wiped completely. I doubt we can save any of your files.

Guys, I am unable to effectively type out my rage/depression.

Lemondolly

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Um.... wow.
That almost happened to me- I was in complete shock.
TT_TT What files did you lose? (Irreplaceable Files)

SakisCookie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Pretty much every voice and UST I've downloaded since three months ago, all the drawings I didn't upload somewhere, the scripts for the next few UtaView episodes...
Augh, there are a lot of things. Things I scoured the whole internet for. Things I actually CRIED because I wanted them so bad. And things I probably won't find again.

-hugs a cat, sobs into its fur-

Lemondolly

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
If I could give you a meaningful hug in real life, I would. ^^
I'm sorry you lost all of your stuff.
I almost passed out(literally) when a picture I had been working 2 weeks on(large picture) was lost when my step-dad decided to be a jerk and shut my computer off when I went and took a shower. He didn't even apologize.

SakisCookie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Dang technology.
This would never happen with people. If you handed your assistant a drawing and said, "Here. Save this.", they would!

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
SakisCookie link said:
Dang technology.
This would never happen with people. If you handed your assistant a drawing and said, \"Here. Save this.\", they would!

Not necessarily...papers can be misplaced, burned, get wet, crumpled, torn or heaven forbid...eaten by bugs or other animals. Drawings can also fade, peel, smudge, and crack depending on medium. People can forget things, get vengeful and spiteful, and can walk out of your life forever so assistants imo are more error-full than technology but that isn't to say I don't feel bad for you right now ;n; Or that technology is perfect;; feel free to slap me if there was a joke I missed in your previous statement I like over-thinking things sometimes

As far as VB's and USTs go you can download them again right?? Those shouldn't be too bad...and think about how large the fandom is I'm sure people can help you find things like that.

But I guess for everything else...I can't offer anything u_u;; I know what it's like to lose work. I remember when I lost the harmonies I made for Pierrot I was devastated and had to make them all over again...and then there was this one time I had to start all over on a picture cause SAI crashed and I didn't save;; I'm sorry you lost a lot of stuff that you wanted to keep;; Maybe next time you should try to save to multiple spots so if something like this happens...you'll be prepared?

SakisCookie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
IrisFlower link said:
[quote author=SakisCookie link=topic=3369.msg24325#msg24325 date=1346839275]
Dang technology.
This would never happen with people. If you handed your assistant a drawing and said, \"Here. Save this.\", they would!

Not necessarily...papers can be misplaced, burned, get wet, crumpled, torn or heaven forbid...eaten by bugs or other animals. Drawings can also fade, peel, smudge, and crack depending on medium. People can forget things, get vengeful and spiteful, and can walk out of your life forever so assistants imo are more error-full than technology but that isn't to say I don't feel bad for you right now ;n; Or that technology is perfect;; feel free to slap me if there was a joke I missed in your previous statement I like over-thinking things sometimes

As far as VB's and USTs go you can download them again right?? Those shouldn't be too bad...and think about how large the fandom is I'm sure people can help you find things like that.

But I guess for everything else...I can't offer anything u_u;; I know what it's like to lose work. I remember when I lost the harmonies I made for Pierrot I was devastated and had to make them all over again...and then there was this one time I had to start all over on a picture cause SAI crashed and I didn't save;; I'm sorry you lost a lot of stuff that you wanted to keep;; Maybe next time you should try to save to multiple spots so if something like this happens...you'll be prepared?
[/quote]

Yes, Iris. That was a joke. XP

I know voicebanks can be easy to re-download, but the problem is I can't remember all the ones I had. v.v;;
Also, I have a Dropbox for some of my files, but a lot of times I don't think about it and there are some I didn't save.