CV VC English

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
RE: CV VC English

Which recordings did you guys have the most troubles with (if any)

I for my life cannot stand the "y's" "r's" and the "w's".

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko

tth. Not particularly difficult but just plain annoying to record.

Oh yeah, there's also h. VC h is like... No, please.

Meta

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko

To me, VC "h" seemed more like ending vowel breaths... :P The are workable like that, at least.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko

shinami cannot 6
that vowel is so difficult ugh
I haven't recorded too much yet, so I'll probably eventually encounter problem consonants.

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko

Omg the' 6' sounds like the 'u' except it's coming more from the back of your throat XP. I don't like the '&' sound either because it's comes out as 'e' with me.

I also don't like VC 's' and 'st' because it sounds like static when played (when I do it)

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko

[e] and [&] are pretty similar, just like [1] and [E] are, but they're still a bit different. [6] is a hard vowel, just because we don't ever think about it when we say it--it's written "oo" or "ou", but those could also be [o] or [O]. It's really confusing to think of [6] as a sound... But once you get used to it, it's fine.

By the by, if anyone wants to try using my slightly-unfinished "words" reclist (which has you record real English words for the most part), you can ask me about that.

Mrs.Peach

Married Sugar Mama
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko

For my accent far to many thing sound a like. This could be bothersome for people that might want to use my bank. u_u

Meta

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko

Thought I might jump back in and show that I am working on two CV VC English banks... OTL

One is pretty much done, the other has more work to do. Jaku's is pretty much finished:

https://soundcloud.com/sonictheunknown/joking-speaker-kumone-jakuon

And Kei's in progress (because there's a few samples I just... didn't record apparently)

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/ZqiA5fa3ELg[/video]

I'm still working on editing the USTs to make them understandable... I have a problem with the ending consonants where there's a pause after the vowel and before the consonant (like in at, the t comes a little after the a) and I'm wondering if stuff like that is screwing me over, because I don't know how to change that because it's just the way I...well, speak/sing it? If that even makes sense? XD

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko

@Meta:
That's normal. If the consonant isn't being sounded as you wish, use higher Consonant Velocity.

That is, of course, assuming the oto is correct. In anycase, good work so far!

NicolaCola

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko

Oooooooh, Meta, I really like Jaku's voice! *A* When do you think you'll be releasing her? o3o

Meta

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko

Aww thank you ;v;
I'm hoping to release her English bank the 28th of this month for her anniversary!

Meta

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko

Sorry for the double-post, but I just wanted to update saying that I released Jaku's english now ;v;

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/ywMaLIMwukA[/video]

http://www.4shared.com/zip/I1MVDX5M/kumone_jakuon_english_cv_vc.html

+runs away+ :sing:

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko

Well this might sound awkward but I've been trying to record English for Yuugi for a while now but for some reason I fail at keeping my voice low (F3) when trying this list. Anybody has some tips for me?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko

I don't know, maybe you need to practice keeping it low? But when is it hard to sing low, like which vowels/consonants?

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko

I dunno I kinda struggle with the 'everything you don't use in your mother language makes your voice goes up in pitch' syndrome.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko

Leil english has been going pretty well. If Cola gets it to me, I should have a sample to show here in a bit. Though the oto is likely very incorrect because neither of us are sure how to do it really so we're just doing whatever until the bank is finished. And then we'll beg Cdra or someone. *shot*

But I've discovered that other than the vowel 6, I also have problems with the consonants TH and SH. SH is because of a weird slight lisp I have with it - I'm nearly 100% positive I don't say it like most people - and while it's hard enough in Japanese, doing stuff like [shash shesh shish] and so on makes my voice go loopy. A similar deal with TH.

And the biggest difficulty is keeping voiceacting consistent when you're trying to figure out how to say something. I have a bit of rerecording to do.

*is eager to show sample*

NicolaCola

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko

Ahh, here's a Leil English sample!

http://soundcloud.com/nicolacola/leileileileileil

As Shinami said, I'm attempting to oto it and I have no idea what I'm doing, so we'll probably ask Cdra or someone to properly oto when we're done. X'D

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko

I have a fairly good understanding of OTOs, and have looked at Halt Tanner and Tony Yonne's to see what they've done (vowel blends, cvs, and vcs)

So, uh, I don't mind doing a little bit. But I'm still OTOing some other banks.

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko

Hey guys, I plan on releasing two new originals for CVVC EN and was looking for someone good at pitchbending harmonizing, and key correction

I'm gonna start on this on first
https://soundcloud.com/cdblue/cv-vc-en-original-infinity

And hopefully I can get this one out before the middle of August.
https://soundcloud.com/cdblue/cv-vc-en-original-wip-under

Excuse my singing:cry:

If you can help me in those fields, please contact me via soundcloud, YT (cdblue51), twitter (cdblue17) or DA (cdblue)

jazzpear94

Momo's Minion

i am making a series utauloids with my friends but i also want the voice banks to have english & japanese versions... i have a couple nice (probably nice) reclists for cv vc eng but i like many others cant figure out how they even work :annoyed: (im used to cv japanese lol)
can someone help me out with using it... i love english utaus and hope this works out...
i just want to know how to pronounce them...
here is the reclist im using: [attachment=764] please help me out...

Attachments

• Cdra-Style English CV VC LITE.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 7