CV/VCV Utauloid?!?!?!

JurianChibo

Teto's Territory
Hello everyone, I'm making a post on this forum to ask something...

I heard about so many Utau type....could someone explain it to me in simple words? Because I never understand anything...

Oh, and I heard that ''VCV'' Utau have romaji characters, it could be really helpful for someone to explain how to do one or give me a link to a tutorial ^^

Thanks

So~ lazy~  :-_-:

ScuroKun

Teto's Territory
I'm not sure if I'm the best person to explain this, but I'll do my best to explain ><; I'll try to include examples with it.
CV- Consonant Vowel
This type of recording is recorded with sounds like Ka, Ki, Ku, Ke, Ko, Ta, Chi, Tsu, Te, To, ect. (basically all these sounds- they're in the middle of the page on the chart, I always used this as a guide for recording- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiragana) all recorded separately as different sounds. So when recording, you would just say "ka" into the microphone and save the file as "ka". In UTAU, when you make/use an ust, you would just write the sound as "ka" in the program and the UTAU just says this. This is the method that almost everyone who makes an UTAU starts out with. It's the most simple and easiest way to make one. CV can also be aliased with either romaji or hiragana, depending on what you name the files. So, these voicebanks can work with both romaji and hiragana usts.
Example of what it sounds like (featuring two different CV UTAUs)
[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/shiria-1/akatsuki-arrival-mitsuko[/soundcloud]

VCV- Vowel Consonant Vowel
This way recording is done by recording a whole string of sounds such as "a a i u e o" all at once to make transitions between sounds easier. This type of voicebank is a lot more work though, because of the number of samples you must record and the different combinations of sounds there are. They're usually worth it in the end because of how nice they sound. These banks usually only work with usts in hiragana, since that is what the majority of VCV banks name their samples with. Most usts for VCV have the sounds for the lyrics labeled "a け” which is meant to make the transition to  け sound more smooth. This would occur if the sound before "a け” ended in an a, such as "ma" so if the song's lyrics had the sounds ma and ke together, the a from ma would sort of blend into the ke... OTL;;; i'm not good at explaining...
Example of a what a VCV utau sounds like-
[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/shiria-1/love-hero-yorune-mimi[/soundcloud]
ShinamiEBA usually has good tutorials for making VCV, so if you want to learn more about VCV, she has some good tutorials.

There's also other methods of recording, like CV VC, which is meant to smooth transitions also. It's just pretty much about what you like the best. If you want anything clarified I'll do my best to answer it. I'd also reccomend downloading a VCV and CV bank to compare what the sounds look like and listen to the samples, that's what I did to try to understand how to record and learn about them better.

JurianChibo

Teto's Territory
Thanks, I understand now

So ''CV'' sound bad because they don't have transition between each word and ''VCV'' are really good, because they have (Example) a ''a ku e'' sound and after, a sound who begin with ''e'', so it's difficult to do them, because you have to do all the combination

Thanks!

I just need to check these tutorials!

ScuroKun

Teto's Territory
JurianChibo link said:
Thanks, I understand now

So ''CV'' sound bad because they don't have transition between each word and ''VCV'' are really good, because they have (Example) a ''a ku e'' sound and after, a sound who begin with ''e'', so it's difficult to do them, because you have to do all the combination

Thanks!

I just need to check these tutorials!
Well, CV UTAUs don't necessarily sound bad, it just depends on how you record them. Some might be recorded with better microphones than others. Some VCVs might even sound unclear, it really just depends on the skill and equipment of the person making them.