cvvc voicebank not working with fresamp or phavoco: "invalid parameter error"

thea_apianæ

Momo's Minion
i've tried looking for anything that might be on the internet, but i could only find a couple posts asking about it with no definite solution.

for some context, i'm trying to make a cvvc voicebank for defoko (which i'm not planning on distributing or anything like that) using the program softalk. the wav files are 16 bit, the names are in kana, and the oto is set to ansi encoding (so it'll show the right characters in setparam).

before i got too far into this voicebank, i wanted to test it to make sure i was doing the oto and recordings properly. i usually use fresamp or fresamp14 for the default voicebank for defoko, so i tried to use them on this one, to no avail. it would return the phrase "invalid parameter error". then i decided to try phavoco, which i never really use, and that had the same result.

for some reason, it's only those three resamplers by ameya (except for the default resampler.exe included with utau??), and only with that cvvc voicebank. i've tried it on the default voicebank and with other resamplers, which were kind of picky about how it processed the sounds (understandable) but ultimately did not malfunction in this way.

and then, even with the resamplers that don't return an error, some of the notes don't make any noise when played. this is a lesser issue to me, but if anyone has an idea on why that might be, i'd appreciate it.