Default Resampler deforming on pitchbend transition

Dorel

Teto's Territory
I recently recorded two new voicebanks, since I got a new microphone (finally with a decent quality)
The actual problem is that UTAU4's resampler distortes the transitions between notes, making a really strange and boring noise in it. At the beginning
I thought that my samples weren't good enough, but then my friend, who bought the same microphone, had my problem with his samples.
I also tried regenerating frqs with the old resampler from UTAU 2.76, but I had the same exact result.

This voicebanks seem to work perfectly with every other resampler I tried with them, but the fact that default one (the old 2.76 resampler make them sound perfectly, it's only the new one) keep distorting it is really hurting my nerves.

Someone could help please? ;w;

nmasao1

Momo's Minion
default resampler might have some problems.
what resampler worked with the voicebank? you might able to convert its frequency map files to default frq files.
for example, vs4ufrq files can be converted to frq files by using frfqeditor.

Dorel

Teto's Territory
I tried tn_fnds, fresamp, resampler 2.76/2.77, Model4... and of course the default one from UTAU4, that is the only one making that strange distortion
When using the old one I haven't problems, it's just the UTAU4 one that keeps making this and I really don't know why.

nmasao1

Momo's Minion
you mean fresamp worked well? then try to create frq files by fresamp and then use default resampler (that is, resampler will use frq files made by fresamp).

Lorreine Geralde

lorreinegeralde@IRIS-SELECIA
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Have you even tried with TIPS and bkh01? Maybe the default resampler is incompatible with your UTAU VB. Also, what is the mic that you used to record the voicebank?

My UTAU VB also sounds weird with the default resampler and the problem fixed only after I use bkh01 resampler for the VB so resampler incompatibility with VB could be a main issue here.

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
If the FRQ files are a mess, and regenerating them with a different resampler doesn't help, you can edit it manually. :smile: