Design Turn-ONS

BlankFaceCat

Teto's Territory
I love it when girls wear pants or shorts instead of skirts.  I really like poofy shorts, too.
Good color schemes are the most important thing though.

divarima442

Momo's Minion
I'm a big fan of cute designs. I like lolita a lot. Cute princess styles on little girls always makes me happy and I like curly hair. I like a lot of kid UTAU's the younger they are and more adorable. Bows always make me smile. I like bright colors like light purple, pink, and greens, also yellow. Dark colors can also look really good. (lol if you see my UTAU she has a darker design.)

Mariuspersen

Momo's Minion
Bandages! Like tiny bits of bandages showing under the armsleeve or covering over one's eye. One of the reasons I really like the design of Engloid Oliver. It also inspired me to do my own. Also the colourschemes Dark Blue-Dark Violet are very likable (I wonder if I'm being an egoist referring to my own UTAU design).

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Mariuspersen link said:
Bandages! Like tiny bits of bandages showing under the armsleeve or covering over one's eye. One of the reasons I really like the design of Engloid Oliver. It also inspired me to do my own. Also the colourschemes Dark Blue-Dark Violet are very likable (I wonder if I'm being an egoist referring to my own UTAU design).

If your UTAU didn't have the things you like in UTAU design incorporated into it I would imagine you wouldn't be very happy with it XD

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Kit Wistful link said:
[quote author=Mariuspersen link=topic=1395.msg11016#msg11016 date=1334611380]

If your UTAU didn't have the things you like in UTAU design incorporated into it I would imagine you wouldn't be very happy with it XD
[/quote]

Really, I mean it wouldn't make much sense for you to put design aspects into your UTAU if you didn't like them...that seems a little bit counter productive XD Like long hair...I looove drawing long hair so I naturally gave it to Iris. *w*

ruthienick

Momo's Minion
WEEEEELLL,

What I like to see in an UTAU is originality. I'm personally sick of Miku-esque outfits, including the headgear, armbands, etc. etc. To me, anything that resembles closely to the popular CFM Vocaloids turn me off.
I love simple UTAUs. They don't really wear too many fancy schmancy things and stuff.
Normal clothes are what turn me on aswell. Simple, normal, not too techy nor to steampunk.
Also,  the colors should be pretty and coordinate well with each other. I personally love pastel colors ^u^.

Mariuspersen

Momo's Minion
Kit Wistful link said:
[quote author=Mariuspersen link=topic=1395.msg11016#msg11016 date=1334611380]

[/quote]
You never know, many maybe even try to satisfy other's people's likings into their design to get them more favorable With others.

Aline

Teto's Territory
  • Tasteful color combos: oh boy, I do love them. In theory, any color combo can be tasteful, as long as the hues and saturations compliment each other in a way they don't look too overbearing. I love when darker/more pastel colors are sprinkled with more saturated bits, it makes a design look less "dead".
  • Cool hairstyles: I can't stress it enough. The cooler and more unique your UTAU's hairstyle, the more chances it has of standing out. I don't care as much for UTAUs who have the oldschool combo of "straight sorta long hair with some sort of fringe" unless said combo is REALLY COOL (like CRINA's hair, it's the bees knees). That to be said...
  • UTAUs that take tradition and kick it in the balls: I will never get tired of those. You want to make a singing piece of bacon? I'm eager to see it. You want to make an alien UTAU with three genders (and voices to compliment them)? Do it, you'll have my support. Want to make a little kid who's secretly a swamp monster? Why not, go for it~
  • Stereotypical/thematic UTAUs: As offensive as it may sound, I don't really mean stereotypical as racial stuff, but more like thematic stuff; something like "cowboy UTAU", "ninja UTAU", "belle-epoque UTAU", or even a "Zé Pilintra UTAU" (google it up). I like when people base UTAUs in those things. Though, I guess ethnical clothes in general may also call my attention (as long as they're tastefully done and not just thrown around in a racist way).
  • Unconventional body types: OH, BOY. Dark-skinned? Like yes, do want. Ikemen/bara/chunky/bellied/awkward instead of bishie/trap boys? OH MAN THAT'S GOING TO BE AWESOME. Chubby/plump/curvy/foxy/awkward girls instead of the old and overused "shoujo" bodytype? SIGN ME UP TO THE AMAZING TRAIN CHOO-CHOO. If someone ever makes a morbidly obese UTAU, the rest of the fandom may be all "ew" but I'll be all "EEEEEEEE LEMME DOWNLOAD THIS BABY ;w;" (bonus points if the voice is amazing).
  • Funky trinkets and nice details: the thing that attracted me the most in the Crypton designs were the funky trinkets, like Miku's square hairties or the zigzag belts. Nowadays they're overplayed (OK, maybe not the hairtie thingies since I've not seen many UTAUs using them), but when I started in the Vocaloid fandom, they were new stuff. It's unsurprising that the thing I liked the most about Miku append wasn't even that much the transparencies all over the clothes (as much as even official derived merchandising may get it wrong, she wears a transparent cloth in that "open part" below her tie in the official art), but the belt thingy she wears. tl;dr, I like fancy bits and bobs.
  • Fleshed-out personality/backstory (if applicable): One may say "but omg aleene that's not part of character desiging is it" and I'll respond: "of course it is, darling". Many think that designing a character is just about the image. Well, maybe it is, if you want to go the Vocaloid way and not estabilish any canons for your UTAU. But if you like to go two extra miles like me, you'll end up developing a personality, a backstory and even some relationships along the way, as you start to make friends. Work with them! Your friends may give you loads of help along the way, pointing out what's believable and what's not, or even pointing out how the personality would work with the visuals. Maybe even a roleplaying session may ensue and both sides would have fun!

tl;dr I like uniqueness as long as it's done in a classy and tasteful way. Making an emo yandere shoujo UTAU with a bland hairstyle won't gather as much attention from me as making an ikemen dude whose design mixes the futuristic with the traditional and has a sorta spiky really short hair. *wonk*
**wink*

Illisandria Carthain

Momo's Minion
Aline link said:
  • Tasteful color combos: oh boy, I do love them. In theory, any color combo can be tasteful, as long as the hues and saturations compliment each other in a way they don't look too overbearing. I love when darker/more pastel colors are sprinkled with more saturated bits, it makes a design look less \"dead\".
  • Cool hairstyles: I can't stress it enough. The cooler and more unique your UTAU's hairstyle, the more chances it has of standing out. I don't care as much for UTAUs who have the oldschool combo of \"straight sorta long hair with some sort of fringe\" unless said combo is REALLY COOL (like CRINA's hair, it's the bees knees). That to be said...
  • UTAUs that take tradition and kick it in the balls: I will never get tired of those. You want to make a singing piece of bacon? I'm eager to see it. You want to make an alien UTAU with three genders (and voices to compliment them)? Do it, you'll have my support. Want to make a little kid who's secretly a swamp monster? Why not, go for it~
  • Stereotypical/thematic UTAUs: As offensive as it may sound, I don't really mean stereotypical as racial stuff, but more like thematic stuff; something like \"cowboy UTAU\", \"ninja UTAU\", \"belle-epoque UTAU\", or even a \"Zé Pilintra UTAU\" (google it up). I like when people base UTAUs in those things. Though, I guess ethnical clothes in general may also call my attention (as long as they're tastefully done and not just thrown around in a racist way).
  • Unconventional body types: OH, BOY. Dark-skinned? Like yes, do want. Ikemen/bara/chunky/bellied/awkward instead of bishie/trap boys? OH MAN THAT'S GOING TO BE AWESOME. Chubby/plump/curvy/foxy/awkward girls instead of the old and overused \"shoujo\" bodytype? SIGN ME UP TO THE AMAZING TRAIN CHOO-CHOO. If someone ever makes a morbidly obese UTAU, the rest of the fandom may be all \"ew\" but I'll be all \"EEEEEEEE LEMME DOWNLOAD THIS BABY ;w;\" (bonus points if the voice is amazing).
  • Funky trinkets and nice details: the thing that attracted me the most in the Crypton designs were the funky trinkets, like Miku's square hairties or the zigzag belts. Nowadays they're overplayed (OK, maybe not the hairtie thingies since I've not seen many UTAUs using them), but when I started in the Vocaloid fandom, they were new stuff. It's unsurprising that the thing I liked the most about Miku append wasn't even that much the transparencies all over the clothes (as much as even official derived merchandising may get it wrong, she wears a transparent cloth in that \"open part\" below her tie in the official art), but the belt thingy she wears. tl;dr, I like fancy bits and bobs.
  • Fleshed-out personality/backstory (if applicable): One may say \"but omg aleene that's not part of character desiging is it\" and I'll respond: \"of course it is, darling\". Many think that designing a character is just about the image. Well, maybe it is, if you want to go the Vocaloid way and not estabilish any canons for your UTAU. But if you like to go two extra miles like me, you'll end up developing a personality, a backstory and even some relationships along the way, as you start to make friends. Work with them! Your friends may give you loads of help along the way, pointing out what's believable and what's not, or even pointing out how the personality would work with the visuals. Maybe even a roleplaying session may ensue and both sides would have fun!

tl;dr I like uniqueness as long as it's done in a classy and tasteful way. Making an emo yandere shoujo UTAU with a bland hairstyle won't gather as much attention from me as making an ikemen dude whose design mixes the futuristic with the traditional and has a sorta spiky really short hair. *wonk*
**wink*
Agreement 10-fold. No lie. I will...I can't even...YOU.

The basis for all my UTAU designs.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
- Plaid patterns
- Pastel colors can look nice when used right
- Brown and white color combo